Windows 10: Firefox Bookmarks

Discus and support Firefox Bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. The new Firefox Quantum has done something unwelcome with my bookmarking procedure - when I click 'Bookmark This Page' the entry goes to 'Other... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dortmunder, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Firefox Bookmarks

Hi. The new Firefox Quantum has done something unwelcome with my bookmarking procedure - when I click 'Bookmark This Page' the entry goes to 'Other Bookmarks' whereas I prefer them in the Bookmarks Menu (i.e. not in a folder). Is there a setting I can change to make Bookmarks Menu the default location for new Bookmarks? Many thanks.

:)

dortmunder, Feb 1, 2018
  2. GTAE68 Win User

Edge - Favorites Import from Firefox - Obsolete Data Imported.

I have imported my Firefox Bookmarks into Edge using the most up to date version of Edge. Import executes with no problem. However, the imported bookmarks from Firefox correspond to an old, obsolete version of the Firefox bookmarks. I have no idea where
    Edge is finding this version of Firefox bookmarks. How can I ensure that the imported bookmarks come from the current Firefox profile and are consistent with the bookmarks that I see in Firefox?

Firefox: 51.0.1

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

Windows 10, Anniversary Edition Update.

GTAE68, Feb 1, 2018
  3. HustonXE Win User
    Problem Importing Bookmarks from Firefox into Win 10 Edge browser.

Windows Edge does not show Mozilla Firefox on the importia HTML bookmarks option. Only shows IE as browser option. I have my bookmarks in firefox - new computer, installed firefox and imported them via HTML file. Need edge to show Firefox as browser
    to import bookmarks from.

HustonXE, Feb 1, 2018
  4. Firefox Bookmarks

You have a choice, see the image below:

Firefox Bookmarks [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 1, 2018
  5. Yes, thanks, but I don't want to have to make that choice every time, I want Bookmarks Menu to be the default. Not to worry, I just happened to find an Add-On that does the job: 'Default Bookmark Folder'.

dortmunder, Feb 1, 2018
  6. Good, I have all the bookmarks I need so for me it is not that hard to do. It used to be better.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox Bookmarks

1. Firefox Bookmarks - Similar Threads - Firefox Bookmarks

2. Firefox showing wrong or no bookmark favicon on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox showing wrong or no bookmark favicon on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have recently updated the Mozilla Firefox browser and found Firefox showing wrong or no bookmark favicon, here are some possible solutions you can follow to get rid of this problem. You need to reset or refresh the favicon [...] This post Firefox...
  3. Auto hide bookmark toolbar in firefox ?

in Browsers and Email
    Auto hide bookmark toolbar in firefox ?: Does any member know how to autohide bookmark toolbar? I entered a code from mozilla forum and pasted into userChrome.css folder ..but code does not work. There was a Firefox extension..Autohide Bookmark Toolbar but this does not work for Firefox 68.0.01 Is there another...
  4. Windows update deleted all of my Firefox bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update deleted all of my Firefox bookmarks: Windows update removed all of my Firefox bookmarks. How to I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-of-my-firefox-bookmarks/40844059-493e-4574-9472-e7eb667fdb74
  5. Firefox keeps forgetting the favicons in my bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox keeps forgetting the favicons in my bookmarks: As the title says, Firefox keeps forgetting the favicons in my bookmarks, and it's driving me nuts. Why does this happen? I just got through refreshing all my favicons yesterday by visiting all my bookmarks again, and all the favicons were generated and appearing in my...
  6. Firefox Bookmarks toolbar - Menu bar

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmarks toolbar - Menu bar: Hello I'm having a problem with firefox, the menu bar (file, view, bookmarks, etc., etc., & bookmarks toolbar has disappeared I've gone into menu, customise, ticked title bar, done, when I right click next to the referesh, home icons, menu bar and bookmarks are both ticked,...
  7. Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear: This has been bugging me for a long time. Some of the favicons for my bookmarks are missing - just showing generic icons. Even if I visit the page, it still won't build the icon. But then some sites do work. Any idea what's going on? Youtube is one of many examples that just...
  8. FireFox bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox bookmarks: After years of using FF, backing up and restoring older ones I "acquired" a mile long list and between them many duplicates, some in folders which are also exact duplicates. From time to time I have to clean them manually one by one. Is there some way to do it automatically ?...
  9. 3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop: This morning I noticed three Firefox saved pages that looked like this -- [img] -- except that had different titles. One was perhaps a page I saved over 9 months ago, one was of a 9 to 5 Mac page I bet I didn't save, and one was a series of numbers. I'm %1000 sure I...
  10. Issues adding bookmarks to my Firefox Sync in Firefox 61.0.1 Stable (August 4, 2018)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues adding bookmarks to my Firefox Sync in Firefox 61.0.1 Stable (August 4, 2018): At least three times per day lately, when I try to add a bookmark to my Bookmarks Toolbar in Firefox 61.0.1 Stable on my Dell Inspiron 7558, it syncs that latest change for an infinite period of time, I close Firefox, I get an error message that says Firefox is already...