Windows 10: Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking

Discus and support Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Anyone who isn’t an expert on the internet would be hard-pressed to explain how tracking on the internet actually works. Some of the negative effects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking

Source: Changing Our Approach to Anti-tracking - Future Releases

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Sep 3, 2018

2. Anti-tracking software for Windows Phone

Hi there, I am still wondering if anyone has recommendations for anti-tracking apps that can run on Windows Phone 8.1 so that Facebook etc can't track my web-surfing and other activities on the phone.

Surely someone has some suggestions! Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking :)

Jonathan Power, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    An update on Microsoft’s approach to Do Not Track

Put simply, we are updating our approach to DNT to eliminate any misunderstanding about whether our chosen implementation will comply with the W3C standard. Without this change, websites that receive a DNT signal from the new browsers could argue that it doesn’t reflect the users’ preference, and therefore, choose not to honor it.

As a result, DNT will not be the default state in Windows Express Settings moving forward, but we will provide customers with clear information on how to turn this feature on in the browser settings should they wish to do so. This change will apply when customers set up a new PC for the first time, as well as when they upgrade from a previous version of Windows or Internet Explorer.

We said in 2012 that browser vendors should clearly communicate to consumers whether the DNT signal is turned off or on, and make it easy for them to change the setting. We did that for IE 10 and IE 11. And we’re continuing to do so with future versions of our browsers. Source: An update on Microsoft's approach to Do Not Track - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking - Similar Threads - Firefox Changing Approach

2. Changing tracks with Logitech Mouse?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing tracks with Logitech Mouse?: I use Spotify as my streaming service and I can't change to previous or next track using the shortcuts in Logitech Options. I can set them as that but it just won't do anything, despite all the other shortcuts and actions working perfectly fine. Does anyone else have this...
  3. KO Approach

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KO Approach: Any software for windows that is like KO Approach. Either in the context menu like in KO or in any other way? submitted by /u/suskab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1kgue/ko_approach/
  4. Tracking changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tracking changes: What is the trick to turning on Track Changes in Word in Office 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tracking-changes/6767ac22-2f9a-41ad-9a22-3b807d4467e9
  5. best Approach..

in Windows 10 Support
    best Approach..: Hello, I have 2 working pc. A w 7, a w10 version. The w 10 pc is for vr. I got dogs, have not turned on w 10 pc almost a year. W 7 pc works great but....... W 10 ver is around 17xxx build. Its on an SSD. I have been seeing where w10 updates have been hell all year long. too...
  6. Firefox Now Available with Enhanced Tracking Protection by Default

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Now Available with Enhanced Tracking Protection by Default: It’s been several weeks since I was promoted to Senior Vice President of Firefox, responsible for overall Firefox product and web platform development. As a long-time employee with 10+ years, I’ve seen a lot of things within the tech industry from data breaches, net...
  7. Anti Tracking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti Tracking: What download do you suggest to get the best, free anti tracking program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-tracking/13976230-2948-463c-b1e5-5cbbc5b86e14"
  8. Track Changes - Changing Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Track Changes - Changing Color: I would like to change the color every time that I issue comments, so there will be separation from my previous comments to the same document. When I tried to change the color in Track Changes, it changed my previous comments as well.. Thanks...
  9. Change Theme in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Firefox: How to: Change Theme in Firefox How to Change the Theme in Firefox Quantum Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. Firefox Quantum includes the Default, Light, and Dark themes, but you can get more themes to...
  10. An update on Microsoft’s approach to Do Not Track

in Windows 10 News
    An update on Microsoft’s approach to Do Not Track: As industry standards evolve, how we implement those standards evolve as well. So to reflect the current requirements of the privacy standard for tracking preferences, Microsoft is changing how Do Not Track (DNT) is implemented in future versions of our browsers: We will no...