Firefox continuing problems

Discus and support Firefox continuing problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mothie, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Mothie Win User

*Banghead
    Hi all.
    I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening.

i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open.
    I have always removed everything concerning mozilla Firefox after removing the program(uninstalling).
    However, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, upon clicking the Firefox, nothing happens.

I was just wondering if there was anyone that could help me find out what is causing this problem.

In anticipation, thanks.*Think

:)

Mothie, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Easy Rhino Win User

firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Zero Cool Win User
    Firefox problem

shuts down due to error? sounds like you got to reinstall Firefox, and if the problem continues reinstal flash player too

Zero Cool, Jun 27, 2018
  4. MoxieMomma Win User

FireFox

Hi:

In addition to the great advice already offered....

...Most problems with Firefox originate in the user's profile, not in the program itself.

A specific suggestion for the issue you report:

Firefox - Profile in Use

Then, there is a logical sequence for Firefox diagnostics, which (as already suggested) generally starts with Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode):

Firefox - Standard Diagnostic

or
    Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Resetting Firefox (as already suggested) is certainly a reasonable option, but there are other, less "destructive" steps one might consider first.
    There are also more drastic steps, such as creating a new profile. This is sometimes the best way to get back up and running, if the existing profile is highly corrupted.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox continuing problems - Similar Threads - Firefox continuing problems

2. Bookmarks in Firefox under Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Bookmarks in Firefox under Windows 10: Hello My "old" computer crashed (motherboard & processor) and I had to build a new one The "old" disks are still readable but not bootable (completely different hardware) I had a lot of Firefox bookmarks but did not export them Whare could I find the bookmarks file(s) and...
  3. Inconsistent speedtest.net results (slow in Firefox and Chrome)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent speedtest.net results (slow in Firefox and Chrome): I've been thinking my HP laptop was a bit sluggish lately. After the latest Windows 10 updates, I ensured all drivers are up to data, had clear out, deleted cookies and cache etc. Ran superantispyware, malwarebytes and ccleaner. All clear. I then ran speedtest.net in Firefox...
  4. Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes: One of the best things about the user interface of Windows 10 is that there is an option to switch between system-wide Dark or Light themes. What makes it best is that it addresses the preference of two types of people all over the world. Dark and Light themes are at the two...
  5. Cannot get Firefox as my default browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get Firefox as my default browser: I am trying to set Firefox as my default browser. When I click on default apps in settings, nothing happens. When I click on make Firefox my default browser when starting Firefox, settings opens, but that's all it does. I can access settings through start, but like I said,...
  6. When I Exit Firefox are All Residual Processes Shutdown?

in Browsers and Email
    When I Exit Firefox are All Residual Processes Shutdown?: ...or do I need to do some extracurricular work? I use Chrome exclusively and even with the increased RAM now with each tab I do not plan on switching. I do not keep the OS regularly updated (still no way to independently update IE, right?) in fact I am also lax with security...
  7. Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature

in Windows 10 News
    Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature: Microsoft earlier this year launched Windows 10 April 2018 Update and it comes with a new feature called Timeline that allows users to create snapshots of their activities and restore them within the next 30 days. Timeline stores snapshots of almost everything including the...
  8. Firefox not showing as default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  9. BSOD while normal usage of laptop. Forced quit firefox recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while normal usage of laptop. Forced quit firefox recently: Hi, I faced a one time BSOD today morning in my Laptop with error code dpc_watchdog_violation. i forced quit firefox like 10 mins before BSOD occuring. I have added the attachment hereSREEJA-09-07-2018_121045_44.zip 113714
  10. Getting Google on Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Google on Firefox: I have my default search engine set for Google in Firefox. But Firefox will not allow google to come up. I get this error message: "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page". It does this twice after I click "allow" and then instead of...