Windows 10: Firefox continuing problems

Discus and support Firefox continuing problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mothie, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Mothie Win User

Firefox continuing problems

*Banghead
    Hi all.
    I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening.

i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open.
    I have always removed everything concerning mozilla Firefox after removing the program(uninstalling).
    However, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, upon clicking the Firefox, nothing happens.

I was just wondering if there was anyone that could help me find out what is causing this problem.

In anticipation, thanks.*Think

:)

Mothie, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Easy Rhino Win User

firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Zero Cool Win User
    Firefox problem

shuts down due to error? sounds like you got to reinstall Firefox, and if the problem continues reinstal flash player too

Zero Cool, Jun 27, 2018
  4. MoxieMomma Win User

FireFox

Hi:

In addition to the great advice already offered....

...Most problems with Firefox originate in the user's profile, not in the program itself.

A specific suggestion for the issue you report:

Firefox - Profile in Use

Then, there is a logical sequence for Firefox diagnostics, which (as already suggested) generally starts with Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode):

Firefox - Standard Diagnostic

or
    Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Resetting Firefox (as already suggested) is certainly a reasonable option, but there are other, less "destructive" steps one might consider first.
    There are also more drastic steps, such as creating a new profile. This is sometimes the best way to get back up and running, if the existing profile is highly corrupted.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox continuing problems - Similar Threads - Firefox continuing problems

2. continuing problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    continuing problems: so i have few problams first i caNT USE MY START BUTTON OR RIGHT CLICK nything on the task bar and when i do thge updaTE for windows 10 it make my pc run really hot NS WHEN MY GAME IS ON IT MAKES THE CPU RUN AT 80-95% WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO RUN MAX 20% NOW I TRIED DOING THE 4...
  3. Continuous Screen Freeze/Black Screen problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous Screen Freeze/Black Screen problems: By that I mean on a random moment my PC may completely freeze and also the music I may hear and because it freezes it goes like bzzzzzzz... I decided to completely format my PC so it would fix but unfortunately it did not. Do any of you guys know why this happen or if you...
  4. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  5. Firefox Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Problem: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  6. Multiple problems with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple problems with Firefox: I've had to change my default browser to MS Edge due to multiple problems. I think one of the major problems is that my cookies are disabled and I can't find a way to enable them. I have instructions that say go to menu bar and click "Preferences". However, when I click the...
  7. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...
  8. Some firefox problems

in Browsers and Email
    Some firefox problems: Firefox is slow/sluggish when scrolling websites. (Solved by disabling smooth scrolling in options) Firefox is slow to load videos. If I fast forward a video, the video will freeze and I have to wait 5-10 seconds for the video to load. Microsoft edge loads videos instantly....
  9. Firefox Sync Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Sync Problem: I recently changed my email address. On my main PC, I deleted my existing Firefox sync account and created a new one to reflect the changed email address. No problems so far. I then deleted the sync information on my laptop and attempted to sign into my newly created sync...
  10. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox: On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page. I can go to the same site with Firefox...