Windows 10: Firefox continuing problems

Discus and support Firefox continuing problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mothie, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Mothie Win User

Firefox continuing problems

*Banghead
    Hi all.
    I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening.

i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open.
    I have always removed everything concerning mozilla Firefox after removing the program(uninstalling).
    However, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, upon clicking the Firefox, nothing happens.

I was just wondering if there was anyone that could help me find out what is causing this problem.

In anticipation, thanks.*Think

:)

Mothie, Jun 27, 2018

2. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Zero Cool Win User
    Firefox problem

shuts down due to error? sounds like you got to reinstall Firefox, and if the problem continues reinstal flash player too

Zero Cool, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Firefox continuing problems

FireFox

Hi:

In addition to the great advice already offered....

...Most problems with Firefox originate in the user's profile, not in the program itself.

A specific suggestion for the issue you report:

Firefox - Profile in Use

Then, there is a logical sequence for Firefox diagnostics, which (as already suggested) generally starts with Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode):

Firefox - Standard Diagnostic

or
    Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Resetting Firefox (as already suggested) is certainly a reasonable option, but there are other, less "destructive" steps one might consider first.
    There are also more drastic steps, such as creating a new profile. This is sometimes the best way to get back up and running, if the existing profile is highly corrupted.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Firefox continuing problems

1. Firefox continuing problems - Similar Threads - Firefox continuing problems

2. More Problems with FIREFOX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Problems with FIREFOX: Just Installed Updates on Win 11. Now FIREFOX won't open MSN Homepage. It opens other sites, and Homepage opens from EDGE. Searches indicate that something downloaded with Updates might be preventing FIREFOX. Re-installing FIREFOX didn't fix it this time. Any help, please?...
  3. Problems with firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with firefox: I have been using firefox (89.0.2, 90.0.2, 78.12 esr) for a while and I am not satisfy with the way it functions. 1) It use up 60% of cpu resource while surfing and closing (edge and IEuse only less than 10% of cpu resource). 2) Check up task manager, it has about 6 firefox...
  4. Firefox problem

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox problem: When I go to the sign in page in Firefox 80, and click on the sign in button, I then get an endless wheel going round. How do I get past this to sign into my account? Thank you for looking. 165782
  5. The problem continues...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The problem continues...: Check out my other post about my problem to understand what's going on: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ethernet-on-my-computer-is-just-confusing/61ea3a31-f19d-4ff1-a3a1-8e75d819137a So my problem went away! For about 3 days. Then yesterday,...
  6. a problem with the firefox browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with the firefox browser: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. When I boot up the laptop and the desktop comes up. Random programs that are installed on my C: HD will pop up on the desktop without me clicking on those programs to open them up. I screen captured one of...
  7. Problem with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Firefox: When I open any website it opens okay then after a few seconds it does this Attachment 247923 After a few more seconds it comes up normal has anyone any idea what is the cause and cure I am on firefox build69 The attachment was loaded as screenshot why has that changed 140788
  8. continuing problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    continuing problems: so i have few problams first i caNT USE MY START BUTTON OR RIGHT CLICK nything on the task bar and when i do thge updaTE for windows 10 it make my pc run really hot NS WHEN MY GAME IS ON IT MAKES THE CPU RUN AT 80-95% WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO RUN MAX 20% NOW I TRIED DOING THE 4...
  9. Firefox Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Problem: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  10. Multiple problems with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple problems with Firefox: I've had to change my default browser to MS Edge due to multiple problems. I think one of the major problems is that my cookies are disabled and I can't find a way to enable them. I have instructions that say go to menu bar and click "Preferences". However, when I click the...