Windows 10: Firefox downloading, but not opening

Discus and support Firefox downloading, but not opening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mothie, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Mothie Win User

Firefox downloading, but not opening

*Banghead
    Hi all.
    I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening.

i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open.
    I have always removed everything concerning mozilla Firefox after removing the program(uninstalling).
    However, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, upon clicking the Firefox, nothing happens.

I was just wondering if there was anyone that could help me find out what is causing this problem.

In anticipation, thanks.*Think

:)

Mothie, Jun 27, 2018

2. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Zero Cool Win User
    Firefox problem

shuts down due to error? sounds like you got to reinstall Firefox, and if the problem continues reinstal flash player too

Zero Cool, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Firefox downloading, but not opening

FireFox

Hi:

In addition to the great advice already offered....

...Most problems with Firefox originate in the user's profile, not in the program itself.

A specific suggestion for the issue you report:

Firefox - Profile in Use

Then, there is a logical sequence for Firefox diagnostics, which (as already suggested) generally starts with Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode):

Firefox - Standard Diagnostic

or
    Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Resetting Firefox (as already suggested) is certainly a reasonable option, but there are other, less "destructive" steps one might consider first.
    There are also more drastic steps, such as creating a new profile. This is sometimes the best way to get back up and running, if the existing profile is highly corrupted.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Firefox downloading, but not opening

1. Firefox downloading, but not opening - Similar Threads - Firefox downloading opening

2. Downloading files with FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading files with FireFox: FF vr. 87.0. For the last week or so, when I see a link to download a file, a single click appears not to respond. Several clicks again on the same link give no indication of anything downloading. To my surprise, every click does in fact download the file. Usually there is an...
  3. FIREFOX DOWNLOADING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIREFOX DOWNLOADING: How to I install firefox on D drive so it take very little space on c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-downloading/b36f76f5-5caf-45c1-854c-30ab2b97db25
  4. Downloading chrome or firefox

Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  5. downloading firefox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    downloading firefox: I am trying to download firefox on a brand new laptop. I get a dialog box that says it is in S Mode. I am new to windows 10 by the way :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-firefox/169c04f8-36d0-40ef-9799-a75618fcb8ac
  6. Firefox Failed Downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Failed Downloads: Since updating Firefox to version 76 I've been unable to download files properly, they consistently fail. I tried resetting Firefox, resetting download folder, resetting my network settings, disabling Defender and restarting my router but nothing helped. I installed Chrome...
  7. Firefox Will Not Open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Will Not Open: I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-will-not-open/2509c43c-d674-4629-a4a2-f5c304d7d551"
  8. Firefox download

Firefox download: Using edge I am unable to download firefox....it goes as far as to show downloading.. 0% and stays there Tks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-download/2a778d30-11b5-44bb-8303-dc9bd877d92e
  9. downloading firefox

in Browsers and Email
    downloading firefox: Hi folks I just got my new computer with windows 10...I had windows seven and this seems complicated. I was looking to see where I can download fire fox and chrome. any help? also I had free malware scan on windows 7 that I could scan flash drives for problems...I...
  10. Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file: I'm running windows 10 pro build 14986. For example, I go to bing.com. I drag and drop the shortcut from Firefox to the desktop. I double click on the shortcut and it opens File:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/OB0L0QRF/HGCFGEDM. I can watch...