Windows 10: Firefox has terrible font rendering

Discus and support Firefox has terrible font rendering in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. I'm using Firefox 43 (just upgraded from 42) and the fonts are terrible. Already disabled hardware acceleration, Direct2D (as suggested here)and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by marcosbacon, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Firefox has terrible font rendering

Hi. I'm using Firefox 43 (just upgraded from 42) and the fonts are terrible. Already disabled hardware acceleration, Direct2D (as suggested here)and nothing helps.

Firefox has terrible font rendering [​IMG]

:)

marcosbacon, Dec 16, 2015

2. TELUGU Font is not properly rendered after i've upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

I could fix my issue by doing the following in Firefox:

1. Add Telugu to Languages in Options > Content > Languages > Choose.

Move it below the list if you want English rendering of websites.

2. Change the font face of Telugu to an installed font face in Options > Content > Fonts and Colors > Advanced.

I guess the problem is that all third party browsers are rendering Telugu font in a non-Indic font face, Arial Unicode for example. This causes troubles with rendering.

The following issue is not present in Edge and IE as said by the original poster.

RishabhTatiraju, Dec 16, 2015
  3. WillFR Win User
    text in websites looks bad in Edge compared to Firefox

I was using Edge on a Surface Pro 4 for months and switched to Firefox, and I have to say, text in webpages looks much better in Firefox compared to Edge, moving to Firefox was a huge upgrade text-wise. I like Edge and I want to use it, but something has
    to be done to fix its text rendering. Text just doesn't look good or "right" in Edge. The Surface Pro 4 has a 267 PPI display, so if Edge still can't make fonts looks "right" and good on a display like that, there is a pretty serious problem there and it needs
    to be addressed. I think Edge's text rendering could be one of the reasons people are sticking with Chrome and Firefox. Please, forward this to the relevant people. I like Edge and if the text can be improved I would drop Firefox in an instant.

WillFR, Dec 16, 2015
  4. socklosk Win User

Firefox has terrible font rendering

Seems to look OK to me.

socklosk, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    I've just started updating Firefox to version 43 on my computers, first was Linux Mint 17.2. Fonts seem to be displaying okay.
    Attachment 53946

Berton, Dec 16, 2015
  6. On my linux it also looks fine. I'm using this forum as a Windows 10 troubleshoot.

Here's a side by side comparison:

7. Another example.

8. Winuser Win User

Have you tried changing fonts in Tools - Options - Content?

Winuser, Dec 16, 2015
  9. Yes. Any font will look glitchy and not antialiased.

10. socklosk Win User
    Glitches in Firefox motivated me to switch to Chrome, which is faster and contains all the major add ons I'm interested in. Did you try starting Firefox in safe-mode, with all the add ons disabled?

socklosk, Dec 16, 2015
  11. Facebook and other sites would work terribly slow on Chrome, although it's my favorite browser.

marcosbacon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox has terrible font rendering - Similar Threads - Firefox has terrible

2. Firefox still has add-on problems

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox still has add-on problems: Even with the 66.0.4 "fix," I can't get AdBlock Plus to work properly. When it's supposedly installed, no options are checked and I'm unable to check them or to whitelist sites. There's no icon on the toolbar. When it's uninstalled, sites that don't permit ad blockers are...
  3. Terrible terrible support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Terrible terrible support.: I called this number Call a toll free number: (800) 642 7676 / TDD/TTY 800 892-5234 I asked "I want some answer about windows 10 IOT" She said "This is the close time right now" it's 9 PM in US of A (and I think it close 10) So I told her that it's not then she...
  4. Font rendering issue in certain UI areas

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font rendering issue in certain UI areas: There is a problem with some, not all, of my desktop applications on Windows 10. The font in certain parts of the program (view links to photos below) appear pixelated and out-of-scale, and I have no idea what is causing this issue. This is not an issue with ClearType nor...
  5. Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up: The symptoms below started in the last few days. I've also applied 1511 in the last few days. I can't say for sure whether the effect pre-dates the update or not since I hadn't used Maps much around that time. Firefox 42.0 now shows the traffic overlay as broken pieces,...
  6. Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox: This happens quite often and it seems to be connected to the flash player... so those facebook floating notifications and youtube stuff or google maps and generally pages with heavy flash content are very delicate and cause this horrible flashing. Windows gives me messages...
  7. Font Has Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Has Changed: Have been struggling with fonts changed for the worse since about 2 days ago. I thought is was Google Chrome browser but just realized this also affects Edge and File Explorer, etc. [img] - Have tried Restore Font Settings but selecting button only turns it grey and...
  8. Is Windows 7 font rendering better than WIndows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows 7 font rendering better than WIndows 10?: Hi everyone, First post here. I installed Windows 10 last week but just now I returned to Windows 7. There are some things I don't feel comfortable about Windows 10 just yet. (regarding privacy and compatibility). I'll give it some time until it 'mature' a little. Now...
  9. Firefox has Screenshots

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox has Screenshots: A “screenshot” is created when you capture what’s on your computer screen, so you can save it as a reference, put it in a document, or send it as an image file for others to see exactly what you see. [img] And when it comes to taking screenshots that are fast and...
  10. Sub-standard font rendering in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub-standard font rendering in Windows 10?: Hi All, Please forgive me if this subject has been discussed before and direct me to the right thread... I have tried hard to use W10 for my daily desktop OS but many things force me back to W7; one of these is the general font rendering in W10. I have tried this...