Windows 10: Firefox has terrible font rendering

Discus and support Firefox has terrible font rendering in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. I'm using Firefox 43 (just upgraded from 42) and the fonts are terrible. Already disabled hardware acceleration, Direct2D (as suggested here)and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by marcosbacon, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Firefox has terrible font rendering

Hi. I'm using Firefox 43 (just upgraded from 42) and the fonts are terrible. Already disabled hardware acceleration, Direct2D (as suggested here)and nothing helps.

Firefox has terrible font rendering [​IMG]

:)

marcosbacon, Dec 16, 2015

2. TELUGU Font is not properly rendered after i've upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

I could fix my issue by doing the following in Firefox:

1. Add Telugu to Languages in Options > Content > Languages > Choose.

Move it below the list if you want English rendering of websites.

2. Change the font face of Telugu to an installed font face in Options > Content > Fonts and Colors > Advanced.

I guess the problem is that all third party browsers are rendering Telugu font in a non-Indic font face, Arial Unicode for example. This causes troubles with rendering.

The following issue is not present in Edge and IE as said by the original poster.

RishabhTatiraju, Dec 16, 2015
  3. WillFR Win User
    text in websites looks bad in Edge compared to Firefox

I was using Edge on a Surface Pro 4 for months and switched to Firefox, and I have to say, text in webpages looks much better in Firefox compared to Edge, moving to Firefox was a huge upgrade text-wise. I like Edge and I want to use it, but something has
    to be done to fix its text rendering. Text just doesn't look good or "right" in Edge. The Surface Pro 4 has a 267 PPI display, so if Edge still can't make fonts looks "right" and good on a display like that, there is a pretty serious problem there and it needs
    to be addressed. I think Edge's text rendering could be one of the reasons people are sticking with Chrome and Firefox. Please, forward this to the relevant people. I like Edge and if the text can be improved I would drop Firefox in an instant.

WillFR, Dec 16, 2015
  4. socklosk Win User

Firefox has terrible font rendering

Seems to look OK to me.

socklosk, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    I've just started updating Firefox to version 43 on my computers, first was Linux Mint 17.2. Fonts seem to be displaying okay.
    Attachment 53946

Berton, Dec 16, 2015
  6. On my linux it also looks fine. I'm using this forum as a Windows 10 troubleshoot.

Here's a side by side comparison:

7. Another example.

8. Winuser Win User

Have you tried changing fonts in Tools - Options - Content?

Winuser, Dec 16, 2015
  9. Yes. Any font will look glitchy and not antialiased.

10. socklosk Win User
    Glitches in Firefox motivated me to switch to Chrome, which is faster and contains all the major add ons I'm interested in. Did you try starting Firefox in safe-mode, with all the add ons disabled?

socklosk, Dec 16, 2015
  11. Facebook and other sites would work terribly slow on Chrome, although it's my favorite browser.

marcosbacon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox has terrible font rendering - Similar Threads - Firefox has terrible

2. Firefox fonts suddenly "broken"

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox fonts suddenly "broken": After my wife did a Microsoft update this morning, she said that all the fonts in her Firefox browser now appear "broken," instead of "solid." I also noticed that the Windows buttons on the top right of the Firefox window also have some lines missing. There are no issues...
  3. Font rendering...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font rendering...: Hey all. I spend the day working on my retina MacBook Pro after quite some time away working on Windows. My XPS has a 4k display and the fonts look horrendous. I mean, they are so thin and they truly disappear as they lack definition. I tried something called MacType which...
  4. Font rendering ugly, image quality ugly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Font rendering ugly, image quality ugly: hello all is ugly, I almost questioned if I installed the driver correctly, removed it and reinstalled it, no thing I have done seem to workI did changed resolutions, trying to change bit depth I have Lenovo l560, graphic: Intel HD graphic 520...
  5. Firefox 81 fonts

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 81 fonts: Is it me, or does Firefox's fonts look thinner/lighter after updating to 81? They seem almost identical to Chrome now. They used to be much thicker/bolder, but now they just barely are that compared to Chrome. Firefox: [img] Chrome: [img] 165069
  6. Changing Font Size in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Font Size in Firefox: It's been a long, long time since I have installed Firefos but I remember I could change the font size of the menus, toolbars etc. by using selection from a list of reg files. Now I can't find that list anywhere. Would someone please point me to them if they still exist....
  7. Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer: Hi! I was using both Edge w/Chrome (where i have this extension as well) and Firefox...I've mentioned (and others agree) that Firefox's web page rendering is much better than Chrome's...Once the Google Chrome extension called "Font Rendering Enhancer" is added..What a...
  8. Font rendering issue in certain UI areas

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font rendering issue in certain UI areas: There is a problem with some, not all, of my desktop applications on Windows 10. The font in certain parts of the program (view links to photos below) appear pixelated and out-of-scale, and I have no idea what is causing this issue. This is not an issue with ClearType nor...
  9. Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox: This happens quite often and it seems to be connected to the flash player... so those facebook floating notifications and youtube stuff or google maps and generally pages with heavy flash content are very delicate and cause this horrible flashing. Windows gives me messages...
  10. Sub-standard font rendering in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub-standard font rendering in Windows 10?: Hi All, Please forgive me if this subject has been discussed before and direct me to the right thread... I have tried hard to use W10 for my daily desktop OS but many things force me back to W7; one of these is the general font rendering in W10. I have tried this...