Windows 10: Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

Discus and support Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I've had a problem with Youtube volume levels in Firefox, for many versions, now. I have just updated to 57.0.3 (64 bit). The sound level on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RobNJ, Dec 27, 2017.

1. RobNJ Win User

Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

Hello

I've had a problem with Youtube volume levels in Firefox, for many versions, now. I have just updated to 57.0.3 (64 bit). The sound level on Youtube videos is lower than with other browsers ( Chrome. for example). I've gone in to the volume mixer and raised the slider there, to equalize them.. But, a little later, the problem returns.
    Is there some fix that I've missed while googling?

:)

RobNJ, Dec 27, 2017

2. VIDEOS IN FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE ARE MUTED

My computer volume is in maximum level, volume level in youtube and facebook are in maximum level, but playback doesn't produce any sound. When I play music from my music library, it plays just fine. How can I fix this. I already cleared my browser caches,
    data and history.

DEONILYNGRAMO, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Anyone else have this sound bug in Windows 10?

• Version: Win 10 Pro
    • Description: The first sound a window makes is much louder than the volume is set to and I have to press volume up or down to adjust it all the way down to the correct volume. Eg. I open a youtube video, my sound is set to 10. The video will start blasting
      at 40ish volume until I change the volume and it will change to that volume (let's say 12) and stay there...until I open a new youtube video.
    • Video / Screenshot: n/a Steps to reproduce: Set the volume at a lowish level, open a youtube video. Press volume up or down. It will go back to normal.
    • Expected result: Volume to be normal
    • Observed result: Volume was higher than the set volume until volume was adjusted, then it immediately changes back to normal.
    • Reproduction rate: 100% (25/25)
    • System specs: Intel Core i7-3537U @ 2.00GHz, Intel HD 4000, 8.00 GB RAM, Realtek High Definition Audio

This seems to be most noticeable on lower volume levels (10-20)

nomorejoking, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

Are you using any Legacy Extensions? Do you have Flash installed and Updated? How many Processes do you have it set for in Options? I use 4. I do not have A problem with sound.

Josey Wales, Dec 27, 2017
  5. RobNJ Win User
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    Added an additional Youtube flash selector & made sure 4 processes were selected... so far so good! Will see if it "holds"!

RobNJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

1. Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube - Similar Threads - Firefox Inconsistent Volume

2. Volume Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...
  3. Inconsistent speedtest.net results (slow in Firefox and Chrome)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent speedtest.net results (slow in Firefox and Chrome): I've been thinking my HP laptop was a bit sluggish lately. After the latest Windows 10 updates, I ensured all drivers are up to data, had clear out, deleted cookies and cache etc. Ran superantispyware, malwarebytes and ccleaner. All clear. I then ran speedtest.net in Firefox...
  4. YouTube video preview in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube video preview in Firefox: Hi, is there a Firefox plugin, or a configuration change, to preview YouTube videos while using Bing Search Engine (and hopefully Google Search Engine as well) just like in Internet Explorer? [img] 105287
  5. Youtube not working correctly using Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube not working correctly using Firefox: Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 300 Windows 10. Youtube works perfectly using Internet Explorer. But using Firefox youtube will not play unless I hit pause and then play. It's weird but I don't think it's on my end. I started with the basics in disabling all FF addons to no avail....
  6. 'return' in YouTube on some videos and in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    'return' in YouTube on some videos and in Firefox: Discovered something weird and also ONLY in Firefox on YouTube, a small sentence 'return' pops up for one second and then it disappears. All my uploaded videos have this awkward problem. But not in Opera or Chrome. Only in Firefox and Edge this small thingy pops up. Not...
  7. Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox: Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's going on? Thanks guys!...
  8. low max volume level

low max volume level: I tried FX Sound. The free version does not offer the ability to increase sound level and they say the window cannot be min i minimized. 104351
  9. Recalibrate Volume Level

Recalibrate Volume Level: My Dell has always had an extremely high volume level with the volume meter at only 50%. When I'm listening to Pandora, I have to keep the Windows volume control at 25-30% and the Pandora volume control at 25-30%. Is there a way to reset/recalibrate the control so that the...
  10. Remember volume level per program?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember volume level per program?: Ear trumpet comes close but is there anything that can remember volume level per application? 51913