Windows 10: Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

Discus and support Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I've had a problem with Youtube volume levels in Firefox, for many versions, now. I have just updated to 57.0.3 (64 bit). The sound level on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RobNJ, Dec 27, 2017.

1. RobNJ Win User

Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

Hello

I've had a problem with Youtube volume levels in Firefox, for many versions, now. I have just updated to 57.0.3 (64 bit). The sound level on Youtube videos is lower than with other browsers ( Chrome. for example). I've gone in to the volume mixer and raised the slider there, to equalize them.. But, a little later, the problem returns.
    Is there some fix that I've missed while googling?

:)

RobNJ, Dec 27, 2017

2. VIDEOS IN FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE ARE MUTED

My computer volume is in maximum level, volume level in youtube and facebook are in maximum level, but playback doesn't produce any sound. When I play music from my music library, it plays just fine. How can I fix this. I already cleared my browser caches,
    data and history.

DEONILYNGRAMO, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Anyone else have this sound bug in Windows 10?

• Version: Win 10 Pro
    • Description: The first sound a window makes is much louder than the volume is set to and I have to press volume up or down to adjust it all the way down to the correct volume. Eg. I open a youtube video, my sound is set to 10. The video will start blasting
      at 40ish volume until I change the volume and it will change to that volume (let's say 12) and stay there...until I open a new youtube video.
    • Video / Screenshot: n/a Steps to reproduce: Set the volume at a lowish level, open a youtube video. Press volume up or down. It will go back to normal.
    • Expected result: Volume to be normal
    • Observed result: Volume was higher than the set volume until volume was adjusted, then it immediately changes back to normal.
    • Reproduction rate: 100% (25/25)
    • System specs: Intel Core i7-3537U @ 2.00GHz, Intel HD 4000, 8.00 GB RAM, Realtek High Definition Audio

This seems to be most noticeable on lower volume levels (10-20)

nomorejoking, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

Are you using any Legacy Extensions? Do you have Flash installed and Updated? How many Processes do you have it set for in Options? I use 4. I do not have A problem with sound.

Josey Wales, Dec 27, 2017
  5. RobNJ Win User
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    Added an additional Youtube flash selector & made sure 4 processes were selected... so far so good! Will see if it "holds"!

RobNJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

1. Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube - Similar Threads - Firefox Inconsistent Volume

2. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  3. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  4. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  5. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. volume levels

volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  7. Youtube VP9 and FIrefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube VP9 and FIrefox: A new issue that I did not have before is regarding the vp9 decoder google is using for Youtube. I do not have a new rig but rather an old one. This decoder is now killing my machine when I watch Youtube video. Heavy use of CPU. I do not have the possibility of hw-accl with...
  8. Youtube VP9 and FIrefox

in Windows 10 Support
    Youtube VP9 and FIrefox: A new issue that I did not have before is regarding the vp9 decoder google is using for Youtube. I do not have a new rig but rather an old one. This decoder is now killing my machine when I watch Youtube video. Heavy use of CPU. I do not have the possibility of hw-accl with...
  9. HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...: There are numerous times that I've blown out my eardrums at this point. Generally, I think that everyone, including me, keeps their volume levels at a comfortable level of 20-25/100 regardless if you're using the device speaker or headphones/earphones for any device, may it...
  10. Volume Levels

Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...