Windows 10: Firefox - Open in new tab

Discus and support Firefox - Open in new tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Jan 6, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Firefox - Open in new tab

Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will open. Maybe this is old news, just wanted to pass it on..... Tomcat.

:)

f14tomcat, Jan 6, 2016
  2. BillG999 Win User

Cannot open new Tab in Firefox after Windows7 updates were installed

I am having a similar problem. After the latest round of Windows 7 updates, Firefox tabs are erratic. You click a tab to bring it to the front, and it disappears. You click one tab to close and the whole window closes, even though there are multiple tabs
    still open.

The last Microsoft Windows update is a MESS!!!!!!!!!! Please fix.

Also, is there a way to blacklist my computer from future Microsoft windows updates? This is wrecking havoc, and I have no need for future updates.

Thank you!

BillG999, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Cannot open new Tab in Firefox after Windows7 updates were installed

JuzarAli1709,

Thank you for your clear and detailed response. Two points: my Tap-opening problem does not occur in Edge (Internet Explorer). Also, my Windows Update History shows only Successfully Installed updates.

Therefore I can see why you point me towards Mozilla support. I am in contact with that support group but they have not been able to identify the root cause of my Firefox problem.

So, I can see why Microsoft would say they cannot help. I will look elsewhere for help.

My last comment is that since the problem does not exist in Safe Mode, that it would be helpful if when my machine was booted up into Windows it would list what software was being loaded. In this case I would have some idea where to focus my troubleshooting
    efforts. I wonder why Microsoft doesn't make this information available? At this point I have no idea as to what unknown software could be the problem.

Goodbye and have a nice day,

Steve V.

SteverinoDekes, Jan 6, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

You can set FF up to open a new tab when you perform a search from the right hand box.
    browser.search.openintab

BunnyJ, Jan 6, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Where are you seeing this?

f14tomcat, Jan 6, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Go into the about:config and you can find that option there. Just change it from the default of false to true.

Firefox - Open in new tab [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jan 6, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Did all that. Closed FF, cleared cache, etc, open FF. Same, no change. This is what I'm talking about, no right click option to open in new tab.

f14tomcat, Jan 6, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

@BunnyJ Found it Jeff! Shift+left click = open in new page. Ctrl+left click = open in new tab. I'm gonna close this out. TC

f14tomcat, Jan 7, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Jan 7, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Thank you, Edwin! Well, that is certainly short and sweet! And, effective! Where on earth is that documented? *Thumbs

f14tomcat, Jan 7, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    Documented? Not sure, but the FF setting is in Options/General:
    (the wheel click thing has been around since modern mice, I think)

Edwin, Jan 7, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Yeah, I had that set as above. Just never occurred to me to middle-click!

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox - Open in new tab - Similar Threads - Firefox Open tab

2. When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I click on a live tab in an open webpage, I want the new page to open in a new tab: I want to know how to open web page in a new tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-live-tab-in-an-open-webpage-i/c8344e8a-4608-426d-a63d-500e5fd7f10d
  3. Windows 10 keeps re-opening Firefox and restoring tabs on boot

Windows 10 keeps re-opening Firefox and restoring tabs on boot: Hi. Since the latest W10 update which we received around a week ago, my PC shuts down fine but when the power is switched back on (often the next day), the windows fast start sequence begins (as it is set to do) and as soon as I log in Windows 10 is loading Firefox and...
  4. new tab

new tab: how do I remove the new tab from window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/new-tab/df5a086a-8222-40fb-8652-4cb18823ba1c
  5. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  6. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...
  7. W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon

in Browsers and Email
    W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon: Hello, lately I've been having an issue where Windows will open a separate tab for Firefox when i open it with the original pinned icon on my task bar.. I've tried opening firefox and unpinning the pinned shortcut and pinning the opened one and restarting firefox and it...
  8. Set new tab to open a specifc page

in Browsers and Email
    Set new tab to open a specifc page: Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here. When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites. I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same...
  9. Huge memory use by Firefox with multiple tabs open, not shown tskmngr

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge memory use by Firefox with multiple tabs open, not shown tskmngr: This has only happened since I upgraded to Windows 10. Previously on Windows 7 I never had any memory problems when running a high end video game, multiple web browsers on, and Firefox with multiple tabs open. Ever since getting Windows 10, with Firefox on with multiple...
  10. Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page

in Windows 10 Support
    Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page: Mozilla has scrapped a plan to put ads on the windows that show when Firefox users launch a new browser tab. Mozilla announced the Firefox new-tab page advertisements idea in February but on Friday night announced an end to the "experiment." More 1569