Windows 10: Firefox - Open in new tab

Discus and support Firefox - Open in new tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Jan 6, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Firefox - Open in new tab

Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will open. Maybe this is old news, just wanted to pass it on..... Tomcat.

:)

f14tomcat, Jan 6, 2016
  2. BillG999 Win User

Cannot open new Tab in Firefox after Windows7 updates were installed

I am having a similar problem. After the latest round of Windows 7 updates, Firefox tabs are erratic. You click a tab to bring it to the front, and it disappears. You click one tab to close and the whole window closes, even though there are multiple tabs
    still open.

The last Microsoft Windows update is a MESS!!!!!!!!!! Please fix.

Also, is there a way to blacklist my computer from future Microsoft windows updates? This is wrecking havoc, and I have no need for future updates.

Thank you!

BillG999, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Cannot open new Tab in Firefox after Windows7 updates were installed

JuzarAli1709,

Thank you for your clear and detailed response. Two points: my Tap-opening problem does not occur in Edge (Internet Explorer). Also, my Windows Update History shows only Successfully Installed updates.

Therefore I can see why you point me towards Mozilla support. I am in contact with that support group but they have not been able to identify the root cause of my Firefox problem.

So, I can see why Microsoft would say they cannot help. I will look elsewhere for help.

My last comment is that since the problem does not exist in Safe Mode, that it would be helpful if when my machine was booted up into Windows it would list what software was being loaded. In this case I would have some idea where to focus my troubleshooting
    efforts. I wonder why Microsoft doesn't make this information available? At this point I have no idea as to what unknown software could be the problem.

Goodbye and have a nice day,

Steve V.

SteverinoDekes, Jan 6, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

You can set FF up to open a new tab when you perform a search from the right hand box.
    browser.search.openintab

BunnyJ, Jan 6, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Where are you seeing this?

f14tomcat, Jan 6, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Go into the about:config and you can find that option there. Just change it from the default of false to true.

Firefox - Open in new tab [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jan 6, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Did all that. Closed FF, cleared cache, etc, open FF. Same, no change. This is what I'm talking about, no right click option to open in new tab.

f14tomcat, Jan 6, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

@BunnyJ Found it Jeff! Shift+left click = open in new page. Ctrl+left click = open in new tab. I'm gonna close this out. TC

f14tomcat, Jan 7, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Jan 7, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Thank you, Edwin! Well, that is certainly short and sweet! And, effective! Where on earth is that documented? *Thumbs

f14tomcat, Jan 7, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    Documented? Not sure, but the FF setting is in Options/General:
    (the wheel click thing has been around since modern mice, I think)

Edwin, Jan 7, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Yeah, I had that set as above. Just never occurred to me to middle-click!

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox - Open in new tab - Similar Threads - Firefox Open tab

2. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  3. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  4. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Cortana
  5. Click on a link in E-mail, Firefox opens a new instance instead of tab

in Browsers and Email
    Click on a link in E-mail, Firefox opens a new instance instead of tab: I'm in the process of moving from SeaMonkey Suite (browser and E-mail) and it's been painful so far but I'm getting there. The stopper now is Firefox. When I click on a link in my E-mail client (eM Client) or a Internet shortcut on my Desktop or in a folder, Firefox opens a...
  6. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...
  7. W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon

in Browsers and Email
    W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon: Hello, lately I've been having an issue where Windows will open a separate tab for Firefox when i open it with the original pinned icon on my task bar.. I've tried opening firefox and unpinning the pinned shortcut and pinning the opened one and restarting firefox and it...
  8. Change New Tab page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Tab page in Firefox: How to: Change New Tab page in Firefox How to Change New Tab page in Firefox in Windows When you open a Firefox Home screen by default. The Top Sites (sites you visit most), popular articles Recommended by Pocket, Highlights (sites you've visited recently or...
  9. Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox Quantum [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. One of...
  10. Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox: How to: Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox How to Set a Custom URL for New Tabs in Mozilla Firefox [img] Information When using Mozilla Firefox web browser following installation, the new tab default setting opens with Firefox's recently visited webpages displayed...