Windows 10: Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer

Discus and support Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use mainly Cyberfox / sometimes Firefox Quantum and would like to know is there a way to change the size of icons in menu bar...as they are small due... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by treblefree, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer

I use mainly Cyberfox / sometimes Firefox Quantum and would like to know is there a way to change the size of icons in menu bar...as they are small due my not so good vision.

I have tried various customising Firefox add ons but without success as some extensions don't work or not compatible or ceased to be updated especially with Firefox Quantum due their change of policy regarding 3rd part
    extensions.

Does icon size on menu bar depend on basically how they are designed by developers and you're stuck with the size ?

I have a 19 inch HP Pavillion monitor set to 1600 x 900 not the native recommended of 1920 x 1080 as everything is even smaller and set text size to 125%.

Thank you

:)

treblefree, Apr 26, 2018

2. Creators Update ruined my fonts

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

I can understand the level of frustration.

Try these software by WinTools. They may be helpful too:

If this doesn't solve the problem, keep in mind to let Microsoft know using the Feedback Hub app.

Regards,

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Apr 26, 2018
  3. Orion23WF Win User
    Change the text size in File Explorer in Windows 10 with Creator's Update

It appears that Microsoft is barely supporting IE11 now. I don't have a specific fix for its font size. At IE11 options, fonts, I use webpage font Arial, and plain text font Courier New. There is no size adjustment here.

I set System Custom Scale to 110% to read all type on my desktop. IE11 on the desktop has a Setting's zoom of 125%. I have A+ System Font Changer downloaded on desktop, and its Menu and Icon set to 5 due to wide screen monitor.

IE11 zoom is set at 138% on my 14 inch laptop. Since I don't recall setting this zoom on the laptop, I assume they it was set when I set System Custom Scale to 110% on laptop. I also have A+ System Font Size Changer downloaded on this laptop but I am not
    using it currently. Download the A+ System Font Changer and try it. It is a mystery to me why Microsoft has changed to "one size fits all" in the Creator Update. Custom Scale used to have a font size changer.

Some folks suggest using Firefox instead of IE11. Microsoft suggests EDGE.

Orion23WF, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer

1. Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer - Similar Threads - Firefox Quantum Icon

2. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  3. Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available: Fast, lightweight, secure and easily configurable, Firefox Quantum for Enterprise should be your go-to for business browsing. [img] Browsers are key to how everyone in your company works, but how often do you think about them? A memory-hungry browser can slow your systems...
  4. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum vs. Edge: Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power user? 98655
  5. Firefox Quantum Question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum Question: I've been trying out the new Firefox browser (version 58), and so far, like it. My question is: when running the browser in private window mode, is that the same security as using a VPN? The reason I ask is because my current VPN service expires in a couple of months, and may...
  6. Firefox Quantum suspicious activity

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum suspicious activity: Hi. My Firefox browser auto-updated to quantum last night. I am willing to give it a try, even thought it doesn't support the addons I use. My issue is that every time I run FQ my internet security software (ESET) notifies me multiple times about two addresses its blocking....
  7. Firefox Quantum can't recover web page

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum can't recover web page: Hi all,I installed firefox quantum to try it out.Seems pretty fast but when I close it and then restart it,it won't go to my homepage.Says can't recover web page so I have to click on new session.Any help would be appreciated but remember lights on but ain't nobody home most...
  8. Early Returns on Firefox Quantum Point to Growth

in Windows 10 News
    Early Returns on Firefox Quantum Point to Growth: When we set out to launch Firefox Quantum earlier this year, we knew we had a hugely improved product. It not only felt faster — with a look and feel that tested off the charts — it was measurably faster. Thanks to multiple changes under the hood, we doubled Firefox’s speed...
  9. Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum: It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and...
  10. Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition: Engines are important, both in cars and in browsers. That’s why we’re so revved up this morning – we’re releasing the Beta of a whole new Firefox, one that’s powered by a completely reinvented, modernized engine. Since the version number – 57 – can’t really convey the...