Windows 10: Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

Discus and support Firefox Quantum vs. Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Nov 21, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power user?

:)

lpatrick, Nov 21, 2017
  2. J W Stuart, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Guido2CE Win User
    I want ot add LOCALLY folders to my Win 10 email I don't want OneDrive or anything else in the 'cloud'. But will listen...................

Apologies.....I meant Thunderbird....not Firefox. Edge vs Firefox is another ggggrrrrr it drives me crazy thingy for me .Firefox Quantum vs. Edge :)

Guido2CE, Nov 21, 2017
  4. roy111 Win User

Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

Your question made me curious and i launched Edge to see what is like, this is the first page displayed:

Firefox Quantum vs. Edge [​IMG]

Translation:

Google Chrome 27% slower (*)

Mozilla Firefox 51% slower(*)

Microsoft Edge Even Faster(*)
    (*)Source: Microsoft.

So as you can see Edge is clearly the best browser.

roy111, Nov 21, 2017
  5. sml156 Win User

Well there's your answer Edge is the best browser in the world, The proof is beyond a shadow of a doubt. I am sure Microsoft's test's were all conducted fairly and look at the speed test results picture it's impossible to fake that. I actually seen that pic also when I opened Edge for the first time.

For me Edge is like that age old joke about IE I just use it to download Chrome, But recently I have been using Firefox 57 and so far like it a lot.

sml156, Nov 21, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Those speed tests from who ever mean nothing to a user. Users don't use benchmarks. A lot of users have relatively slow internet connections which will override that.

Ease of use is the Web Browser you use the most whatever that might be.

It is useful to have a third Web Browser installed in addition to Edge and IE 11 the Windows 10 offerings.

At one time I had 6 Web Browsers installed, virtually all those were uninstalled, too much maintaining and no advantages.

Install whatever you like, don't be fooled by fashion to install a Web Browser that is full of bugs and hard to maintain, that just wastes your time on trivia.

Helmut, Nov 21, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    And that obviously biased speed test probably was not using Firefox Quantum anyway.

clam1952, Nov 21, 2017
  8. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

I use Firefox because I like it and have used it for many years. These tests can be skewed by the particular test. The one mentioned, I never heard of.

Josey Wales, Nov 21, 2017
  9. lx07 Win User
    I always thought that was true and now I know.

Not only is it easier to use but goes faster with a big blue thermometer showing 212 kph to show it.

I'd like to know how to make my Edge show those speed dial things - if you know I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

10. roy111 Win User
    Here you go, have fun!

Microsoft Edge

roy111, Nov 21, 2017
  11. [youtube]n6wiRyKkmKc[/youtube]

12. cereberus Win User
    When will people realise browsers are horses for courses. For example on a small 32GB device with only 1 or 2GB RAM, Edge is DEFINITELY the best option.

On more powerful devices, it is just a matter of personal taste really.

I tend to use Chrome on laptop and it does all I need, and have no interest in FFQ.

For most users, the speed difference is largely inconsequential.

So only truly sensible answer to OPs post is try it and make your own mind up.

cereberus, Nov 21, 2017
  13. lx07 Win User

Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

Thank you. I tried the link and got EXACTLY the same as @sml156 above - 212 for Edge, 166 for Chrome and 140 for Firefox (Even though I don't have either Chrome or Firefox installed) and I presumably have a completely different internet connection speed.

Microsoft are cheating. CHEATING I SAY. Shame on them.

I still prefer Edge though but I'm resigned to being in the minority.

14. IE is better than EDGE IMHO.

15. lx07 Win User
    Using Firefox or IE is like going back to the 90's with all these annoying buttons and bars and things. Chrome is (I suppose, grudgingly) better than Edge but I dislike Google so that leaves me with a choice of one.

Thema:

Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

1. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge - Similar Threads - Firefox Quantum Edge

2. Firefox vs. Netvibes

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs. Netvibes: Windows 10 v 1909 and Firefox 78.0.2 For almost as long I can remember I have been using Firefox to visit Netvibes.com several time daily. Up until a week or so ago Netvibes would open directly to my dashboard. Now it opens with a message about how it uses cookies. (See...
  3. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  4. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  5. Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available: Fast, lightweight, secure and easily configurable, Firefox Quantum for Enterprise should be your go-to for business browsing. [img] Browsers are key to how everyone in your company works, but how often do you think about them? A memory-hungry browser can slow your systems...
  6. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox: I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log...
  7. Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer: I use mainly Cyberfox / sometimes Firefox Quantum and would like to know is there a way to change the size of icons in menu bar...as they are small due my not so good vision. I have tried various customising Firefox add ons but without success as some extensions don't work...
  8. Firefox Quantum Question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum Question: I've been trying out the new Firefox browser (version 58), and so far, like it. My question is: when running the browser in private window mode, is that the same security as using a VPN? The reason I ask is because my current VPN service expires in a couple of months, and may...
  9. Firefox Quantum suspicious activity

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum suspicious activity: Hi. My Firefox browser auto-updated to quantum last night. I am willing to give it a try, even thought it doesn't support the addons I use. My issue is that every time I run FQ my internet security software (ESET) notifies me multiple times about two addresses its blocking....
  10. Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum: It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and...