Windows 10: Firefox - Reply box not clearing

Discus and support Firefox - Reply box not clearing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Don't have this issue with Chrome or IE. When using FF (latest), any reply to a post on any thread here does NOT clear after posting the reply. I clear... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Firefox - Reply box not clearing

Don't have this issue with Chrome or IE. When using FF (latest), any reply to a post on any thread here does NOT clear after posting the reply. I clear cache, history, cookies, everything and still "remembers" last reply entry. Is it FF or forum? (or me?) Befuddled... *Confused

:)

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016

2. Spinning Blue Circle while typing an e-mail in yahoo mail

My wife recently had this problem on her Mac Air using Safari & Yahoo Mail-lagging cursor,

spinning wheel, to the point it made the email virtually useless. I never have had it on my iMac.

I decided to use Firefox, and it worked.

FIREFOX TO ACCESS YAHOO EMAIL

(Clears up lagging cursor, spinning wheel)

· Download Firefox

· Open Firefox

· Go to Firefox preferences

· Select “Search” from the left side menu

· Under “Default Search Engine” select “Yahoo”

Close Firefox

· Reopen Firefox

· You are now in search mode in Firefox

· Click on the big blue arrow for “Search”- auto takes you to Yahoo,

· Click the “mail” icon in upper right corner-takes you straight to Yahoo In Box

· So far have no problems, opening and replying, composing and sending.

LewisAustin41, Jan 3, 2016
  3. csapdani Win User
    Firefox as default browser

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Firefox 3 but anyway, I unchecked the "check every time" box and now the problem is gone and Firefox remained the default Firefox - Reply box not clearing :)

csapdani, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hmmm..., testing now...

Edwin, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    If I choose 'Reply with Quote', it works normally, if I choose 'Reply to Thread' button, I have to click 'Submit' twice! *Confused

Might be FF

Edwin, Jan 3, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Test #1

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Test #2. If I go out of the thread and back in, do reply with quote it's fine. Weird!

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

I'll just let it be for now. It's a buffer issue somewhere. If it persists a long time, I'll feedback Mozilla and/or Tenforums. Thanks for the testing, Edwin.

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    It might be a forum site setting,
    when I choose 'Reply with Quote' I'm in the 'Quick Reply' UI,
    if I choose 'Reply to Thread' button I'm in the 'Go Advanced' UI.

Should paste all this info in the 'Site Bugs and Suggestions' thread. *Wink

Edwin, Jan 3, 2016
  10. z3r010 Win User
    That's normal behaviour.

z3r010, Jan 3, 2016
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    I think you just did! *Wink

Thanks for the info, John.

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    Thanks John, I figured that.

EDIT: Hey! It didn't make click 'Submit' twice!
    'course, my site prefs are probably reset now since I cleared cache etc a bit ago.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox - Reply box not clearing - Similar Threads - Firefox Reply box

2. How to clear out mail box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear out mail box: Help me clear out old messages in *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-out-mail-box/2b4dd1ce-f865-4971-bb26-7c2d34e223d8
  3. Clear Box On Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Box On Screen: How do I get rid of the clear box that is on my monitor that is blocking access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-box-on-screen/2ca2b7f0-9118-4454-a89f-4c3b78782faa
  4. Clear Box On Screen

Clear Box On Screen: How do I get rid of the clear box that is on my monitor that is blocking access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-box-on-screen/2ca2b7f0-9118-4454-a89f-4c3b78782faa
  5. Clear Transparent box on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Transparent box on screen: If you can see the clear box down below it wont go away i dont know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-transparent-box-on-screen/24f41087-3e4f-460c-a4ee-9148d8e277af
  6. Clear Transparent box on screen

Clear Transparent box on screen: If you can see the clear box down below it wont go away i dont know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-transparent-box-on-screen/24f41087-3e4f-460c-a4ee-9148d8e277af
  7. Blurry Dialog Boxes, Application Clear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry Dialog Boxes, Application Clear: I have a new laptop, set up with external monitors. I have been able to make the main application window for most of my programs show clearly, but several applications have fuzzy dialog boxes. The main window is clear on both of my screens, but the dialog boxes will display...
  8. No Sign-in Box in Firefox Browser

in Browsers and Email
    No Sign-in Box in Firefox Browser: Hi, I'm and new to this forum. I am also new to using Firefox and I don't see a sign-in box. I have added Firefox Monitor to Firefox, and I received a message reading that I must sign in to Firefox. I have automatic sign-in. How do I restore the sign-in box? Thanks. 140169
  9. No Sign-in Box in Firefox Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sign-in Box in Firefox Browser: Hi, I'm and new to this forum. I am also new to using Firefox and I don't see a sign-in box. I have added Firefox Monitor to Firefox, and I received a message reading that I must sign in to Firefox. I have automatic sign-in. How do I restore the sign-in box? Thanks. 140169
  10. clear box on my screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    clear box on my screen: Please help me get rid of this clear box on my screen it is very annoying.I am using a Lenovo ideapad 110 I appreciate any help I can get Thank you so much in advance....