Windows 10: Firefox - Reply box not clearing

Discus and support Firefox - Reply box not clearing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Don't have this issue with Chrome or IE. When using FF (latest), any reply to a post on any thread here does NOT clear after posting the reply. I clear... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Firefox - Reply box not clearing

Don't have this issue with Chrome or IE. When using FF (latest), any reply to a post on any thread here does NOT clear after posting the reply. I clear cache, history, cookies, everything and still "remembers" last reply entry. Is it FF or forum? (or me?) Befuddled... *Confused

:)

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016

2. Spinning Blue Circle while typing an e-mail in yahoo mail

My wife recently had this problem on her Mac Air using Safari & Yahoo Mail-lagging cursor,

spinning wheel, to the point it made the email virtually useless. I never have had it on my iMac.

I decided to use Firefox, and it worked.

FIREFOX TO ACCESS YAHOO EMAIL

(Clears up lagging cursor, spinning wheel)

· Download Firefox

· Open Firefox

· Go to Firefox preferences

· Select “Search” from the left side menu

· Under “Default Search Engine” select “Yahoo”

Close Firefox

· Reopen Firefox

· You are now in search mode in Firefox

· Click on the big blue arrow for “Search”- auto takes you to Yahoo,

· Click the “mail” icon in upper right corner-takes you straight to Yahoo In Box

· So far have no problems, opening and replying, composing and sending.

LewisAustin41, Jan 3, 2016
  3. csapdani Win User
    Firefox as default browser

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Firefox 3 but anyway, I unchecked the "check every time" box and now the problem is gone and Firefox remained the default Firefox - Reply box not clearing :)

csapdani, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hmmm..., testing now...

Edwin, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    If I choose 'Reply with Quote', it works normally, if I choose 'Reply to Thread' button, I have to click 'Submit' twice! *Confused

Might be FF

Edwin, Jan 3, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Test #1

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Test #2. If I go out of the thread and back in, do reply with quote it's fine. Weird!

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

I'll just let it be for now. It's a buffer issue somewhere. If it persists a long time, I'll feedback Mozilla and/or Tenforums. Thanks for the testing, Edwin.

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    It might be a forum site setting,
    when I choose 'Reply with Quote' I'm in the 'Quick Reply' UI,
    if I choose 'Reply to Thread' button I'm in the 'Go Advanced' UI.

Should paste all this info in the 'Site Bugs and Suggestions' thread. *Wink

Edwin, Jan 3, 2016
  10. z3r010 Win User
    That's normal behaviour.

z3r010, Jan 3, 2016
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    I think you just did! *Wink

Thanks for the info, John.

f14tomcat, Jan 3, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    Thanks John, I figured that.

EDIT: Hey! It didn't make click 'Submit' twice!
    'course, my site prefs are probably reset now since I cleared cache etc a bit ago.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox - Reply box not clearing - Similar Threads - Firefox Reply box

2. Weird issue with firefox - "stuck" boxes of text

in Browsers and Email
    Weird issue with firefox - "stuck" boxes of text: I'm not sure where this should go but I'm guessing it's a browser issue. Since last week, I've had an issue with Firefox where randomly a text box from a portion of a tab will get stuck somewhere on the screen, and that text box will then be visible on all other tabs. Even...
  3. How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script: I am trying to create a batch file/ powershell script to delete users firefox cache. The main problem I am facing is that the folder that contains the cache is different from user to user. Currently I have del /f /q...
  4. clear box on my screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    clear box on my screen: Please help me get rid of this clear box on my screen it is very annoying.I am using a Lenovo ideapad 110 I appreciate any help I can get Thank you so much in advance....
  5. Can't reply to emails or compose a new email. Box shows in taskbar but no access. Can only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reply to emails or compose a new email. Box shows in taskbar but no access. Can only...: Cant use/open draft emails either. Tried everything: Uninstalled, re-installed, disabled Add-in Types of email account set up in Outlook - POP3, IMAP, Exchange. Tried all. Created new profiles. Nothing works....
  6. Craigslist Reply Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Craigslist Reply Button: I am having problems with the "reply" button on Craigslist. When I click on the button, it tries to load a reCaptcha and a message comes up and says "sorry, something went wrong." I am using Windows 10 (build 1809) with Edge browser. I have tried disabling add-ons, did a...
  7. REPLYS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REPLYS: Thanks to everyone who sent answer,s to my Question I tried the Malware Remove Tool will wait and see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/replys/730cd20a-020f-48a2-a8af-177c834a1f42"
  8. Reply post

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reply post: I posed a question about error code 45 and I got a post but when I click post reply, I don't know where to go on the site. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/reply-post/fb2a558f-d8e9-4d22-b554-7aadfaba4280
  9. Replying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replying: I have an answer that WORKS for one of the questions in this Community. So, I JOINED by signing in with my Microsoft Account. The REPLY button still shows that I can't select it. (With a red circle with line through it.) How can I post this reply?...
  10. Reply arrow not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reply arrow not showing: Hello, The reply arrow does not show up on the windows 10 built in Mail app. Let me give you an example... If I reply to an email on the iPhone, the reply arrow would not show on the built in Mail app on windows 10. Why is this? [Move From: Windows / Windows 10...