Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?? Broken by Update?

Discus and support Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?? Broken by Update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Firefox was working ten minutes ago, but clicking on the task bar and start menu shortcuts now results in a message that the application can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ondablade, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ondablade Win User

Hi all. Firefox was working ten minutes ago, but clicking on the task bar and start menu shortcuts now results in a message that the application can no longer be found.

According to Windows settings 'add and remove programs' it's still there.

It seems possible that the recent Windows update troubles are implicated in the problem...

I can't report the exact phrasing of the messages as the shortcuts themselves disappeared (??) after a few attempts.

Needless to say I didn't remove the shortcuts or alter anything in Firefox. (other than several days ago to set embedded videos on web pages not to auto play)

The Windows 10 Pro 1803 update installed last week but wouldn't reboot. Windows seemed to revert to 1709 and testing using the system file checker etc as kindly advised here checked out 100%. Windows update history was reset as also advised using the Brinks .bat file tutorial method as it was messed up.

Updates were set using Group Policy Editor to require permission to both download, and to install. (Win 10 Pro)

The only known event that may have triggered this shortcut problem was that Windows offered a small update shortly before the problem arose which I (perhaps foolishly) let download because it wasn't the biggie that caused the last. It seemed to run, but isn't showing in the update history....

Can anybody advise what's happening, how to fix it and whether there's possibly anything nasty going on like malware please?

There's various shortcuts, log ins etc saved with the current Firefox install which it'd be good to keep.

Searching the web brings up various cryptic and less than comprehensive threads describing similar events (which imply that the same problem may affect other apps), but mostly in connection with Win 7...

:)

ondablade, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Waseemulla S Win User

Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Divya Murugan Win User
    Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox Shortcuts no Longer Work?? Broken by Update? - Similar Threads - Firefox Shortcuts Longer

2. window update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window update: How to overcome window update Error 0x800705b4 in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/window-update/d45e562a-2f23-465d-bec7-3a7940e8832f
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices: We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no...
  4. window update

window update: i have been updating my pc since 2 months but every time Error 0x800705b4 comes. i also contacted microsoft custmore care but he was also unable to help me. please resolve my problem...
  5. Crashed Firefox

Crashed Firefox: How can I retrieve above pl? I postponed Firefox update and now can't get into my other Windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/crashed-firefox/7c9d4324-72b0-491e-bacc-a47b32b2d3b4
  6. Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates

Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates: In the option to change Windows 10 Pro Insider Updates. The IX ME box is greyed out and I cannot run the FIX ME. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-pro-insider-updates/f787fc3e-a43d-4af8-9cdb-64e76babbd8a
  7. win 10 [ updates suck]

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 [ updates suck]: are there future plans to fix these permissions problem in windows 10 ? I ask because I just received the replacement laptop for the one Windows !0 update shot right in the gut. Slowly but surely I lost permissions for personal files and it went down hill from there to...
  8. Links within display settings not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links within display settings not working: [ATTACH] The links in the above are not working. I wish to access the 27" monitor settings as despite having the right drivers, and the right cables, it will not display anything above 1920*1080....
  9. How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Windows 10 shortcut to my mouse?: The shortcut to change virtual desktop in Windows 10 is: Ctrl + Win + ←/→ i want to bind this to my mouse side key , how to do this? my mouse is DeathAdder2013...
  10. April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG: My desktop WILL NOT UPDATE. Have had no problems with other PCs. ASRock Z77 Extreme4 i7-3770 2x2gb and 2x4gb ballistix tracer ram (12gb total) ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX GPU What files do I need to post?...