Windows 10: Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10

Discus and support Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not really. I can update my own graphics driver but it involves fully removing the old driver first. I reckon that you should get the driver from your... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lagnaetti, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Lagnaetti Win User

Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10

Yeah, I'll start a new thread now.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help *Smile

Lagnaetti, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Lagnaetti Win User

Firefox launches 3-4 seconds more slowly in Windows 10 compared to Windows 7. I have it installed on an SSD now whereas in 7 it was on an HDD and still launched faster. Is there a way to solve this?

:)

Lagnaetti, Apr 7, 2018
  3. Slow, slower, slowest

After installing Windows 10, Firefox (v. 39.0) is slower than dialup. Edge isn't much faster. And it's not the Internet: Office and other apps are running at the same speed as before the install. Anyone else notice this? Is there a fix?

The Only Name Not Taken, Apr 7, 2018
  4. Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10

Why Internet Explorer works slower than Chrome?

I want to know what makes the default browser of Windows work slower than Firefox and Chrome?

Leather Motorcycle Jackets

tarundeep.singh1, Apr 7, 2018
  5. What version of Firefox are you using?

Josey Wales, Apr 7, 2018
  6. Do you use any legacy extensions?

Josey Wales, Apr 7, 2018
  7. Lagnaetti Win User
    There's no difference when add ons are disabled either.

Lagnaetti, Apr 7, 2018
  8. Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10

I am using the same version with 8 New extensions and I do not have that lag in Windows 10. I see that you are using Bitdefender. I only use Windows Defender and Firewall. Maybe that is the cause I do not know, You have faster memory than me but I am on Build 17133.1 . But I have a High Spead internet connection. Maybe if you try Firefox 60 Beta 10 it will be faster??

I also use the New Tab Page as my home/start page which would make it faster.

Josey Wales, Apr 7, 2018
  9. Lagnaetti Win User
    I had already thought of that and tried disabling bitdefender, but still no luck. I'm also using the new tab page as my start page and have only 3 extensions installed.
    I'll try the new beta version.

Lagnaetti, Apr 7, 2018
  10. Lagnaetti Win User
    No change with the latest beta either.

Lagnaetti, Apr 7, 2018
  11. Access Denied, Apr 7, 2018
  12. Lagnaetti Win User
    That didn't help either.

Lagnaetti, Apr 7, 2018
  13. Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10

Do you use "New Tab" as a start page?

Josey Wales, Apr 7, 2018
  14. Perhaps you could try uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling it.

Access Denied, Apr 7, 2018
  15. Lagnaetti Win User
    I tried using a blank page and it's that same with that too.
    I used the exact same profile as I'm using now on another computer with much lower specs and Windows 7 installed and everything was smooth and fast.

Lagnaetti, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10

1. Firefox Slower to Launch in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Firefox Slower Launch

2. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...: Hey there,A few nights ago I think my PC attempted and failed an update in the middle of the night. I woke up and saw the brief error message which I clicked out of and didn't notice any immediate issues: until I attempted to access Chrome. After failing a few times I...
  3. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...: Hey there,A few nights ago I think my PC attempted and failed an update in the middle of the night. I woke up and saw the brief error message which I clicked out of and didn't notice any immediate issues: until I attempted to access Chrome. After failing a few times I...
  4. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firefox browser slower than usual...

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox browser slower than usual...: I seem to have firefox browser version # 86.0.1 opening up slower than usual. The only difference that has been on my computer is the firefox updates that have changed. I use Windows 10 pro 64Bit version 20H2. I noticed this on 2 computers running the same operating system...
  6. Windows 10 becomes slower and slower the more you use it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 becomes slower and slower the more you use it: Why does Win10 become slower the more you use it? whenever i install it freshly it's super fast but after a month or two it becomes so slow, even tho i don't install any apps or services that might slow it down, it's still fresh but slower submitted by /u/sniperanx [link]...
  7. Windows Will No Longer Launch Firefox and Abode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Will No Longer Launch Firefox and Abode: Hey guys, This one has me stumped. My Pc has suddenly stopped working with Adobe and Firefox. When I click to open these programs, nothing happens. I tried just opening a PDF file and same thing. The firefox browser will not open at all yet my Chrome and Edge does. Task...
  8. Windows 10 is slower

Windows 10 is slower: Hello! I keep seeing irrelevant posts about this so I ask you again with hopes of a competent solution to this. I bought a Lenovo Legion desktop yesterday. Don't mind about the specs, it is a beast. I installed Windows 8.1 and after I saw there are no drivers on lenovo...
  9. Windows 10 got slower

Windows 10 got slower: When i bought my computer, games on it were running perfectly, minimum at 200 fps, lets take a game like league of legends, i do play it often, but no my fps is just 50, pc got slower in general too, in all games. Specs Geforce 150mx I5 8250 8gb ram I have tried...
  10. Slower speeds with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slower speeds with windows 10?: Hello, My speeds before on speedtest were about 130 mbps. After just installing windows 10 I am getting a max of about 90. Any fix for this? What is the problem? 9631