Windows 10: Firefox Startup Anomoly

Discus and support Firefox Startup Anomoly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Do Whattttt!?!? I just opened Firefox and got this! [img] I have never . . . When did this . . . Well, whaddaya think . . . I'm... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wynona, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Firefox Startup Anomoly

Do Whattttt!?!?

I just opened Firefox and got this!

Firefox Startup Anomoly [​IMG]

I have never . . . When did this . . . Well, whaddaya think . . . I'm speechless, to say the least!

Edit: Well, obviously, when I closed Firefox and restarted, it did what it's supposed to do. This is one weird thing to happen.

:)

Wynona, Sep 26, 2015

2. Dead Pixel 920 Camera

Thanks I will do that.

Has anyone else experienced this anomoly?

DoneWithApple, Sep 26, 2015
  3. ray.g Win User
    Powershell XML handling anomolies

I have some XML which I can read and write quite happily but during my learning curve I have come across some interesting behaviour and wanted to know if this is intentional or a bug as it will affect what happens in the script I have when/if it changes.

When you gather information from an XML file you can get a collection of nodes (these are in the variable $Global:nodes). When that collection is two or more then this statement:

$Global:Nodes.Count

Returns a count of 2 and each node/node attribute can be accessed by:

$GlobalFirefox Startup Anomoly :DriveUID=$Global:Nodes.uid[$x-1]

Where $x is the value of $Global:Nodes.Count The array starts at zero so you always have to subtract one to get the item you are interested in.

However when the XML one has one item that is returned the $Global:Nodes.Count does not contain 1 it is a $Null value and when you try to address the array using $GlobalFirefox Startup Anomoly :DriveUID=$Global:Nodes.uid[0] you actually get the first character of the UID rather
    than the whole UID when there is more than one entry in the array of returned nodes.

The XML looks like this (edited a little with the vertical ellipses) The collection of nodes is returned using this NodePath:

"extentions.drive"

<extentions>

<lastdrive>4f004956-23dc-2c43-aedd-301bf783b090</lastdrive>

<drive uid="4f004956-23dc-2c43-aedd-301bf783b090" letter="V" label="Video" textfile="Y">

<directory>V:\MyScript\MyScriptTest\</directory>

<lastrun PreBackupDate="2016-03-24" PreBackupTime="17:48" Type="normal" Date="2016-03-24" Time="17:48">

</lastrun>

<defaultcomment>My Default comment</defaultcomment>

<free_space_threshold active="1">2</free_space_threshold>

</drive>

<drive uid="7fa49166-29e2-11e4-82bd-00019510a995" letter="E" label="FC 500GB(3)" textfile="Y">

<directory>E:\MyScript\MyScriptTest\</directory>

<lastrun PreBackupDate="2016-03-24" PreBackupTime="15:12" Type="normal" Date="2016-03-24" Time="15:12">

</lastrun>

<defaultcomment>

</defaultcomment>

</drive>

<drive uid="f2c3cb0e-6111-11e4-832f-00019510a995" letter="E" label="FC 500GB(1)" textfile="Y">

<directory>E:\MyScript backup\MyScripttest\</directory>

<lastrun PreBackupDate="2016-03-24" PreBackupTime="16:47" Type="normal" Date="2016-03-24" Time="15:19">

</lastrun>

<defaultcomment>

</defaultcomment>

</drive>

<drive uid="a3aa9702-c12d-11e5-861f-00019510a995" letter="R" label="MyScript F&amp;F" textfile="Y">

<directory>R:\MyScript\MyScriptTest\</directory>

<lastrun PreBackupDate="2016-03-24" PreBackupTime="15:19" Type="normal" Date="2016-03-24" Time="15:19">

</lastrun>

<defaultcomment>

</defaultcomment>

</drive>

</extentions>

Thanks for any helpful comments.

ray.g, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Firefox Startup Anomoly

<<<<--- Site

Cliff S, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    This is why I switched to Cyberfox 64 Bit. It is in shape.

6. Wynona Win User
    I'm not abandoning FF just because of one blip on the radar. Just not worth it to have to learn another new one.

Wynona, Sep 26, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I think he was making a joke: "Warming up" as in sport & "In Shape" as in "Get in shape"*Smile

Cliff S, Sep 26, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Firefox Startup Anomoly

<hehehe> Cyberfox may be in shape, but I've been disappointed with so many newer browsers that I'm not gonna try another one. *Sad Got more things to do with my time.

Wynona, Sep 26, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    I can understand that, they'll(MS) will have to pry IE out of my cold dead SSD before I give it up. I already have Chrome and Fire Fox running like IE, but their GUI's are not IE...

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    Where did I tell you to abandon Firefox? I did and now I am back on it as the problem is not with the browser it is with this thing they call Windows 10. Oh and there are many blips on the radar as far as Fx goes.

Thema:

Firefox Startup Anomoly

1. Firefox Startup Anomoly - Similar Threads - Firefox Startup Anomoly

2. High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup: Every time after booting up windows 10, Chrome would start running automatically in the background only, no window opened up. Task manager would show a CPU usage of about 70% for Google Chrome and the fans of laptop started running at full speed. I tried disabling Chrome in...
  3. Firefox, Spotify, and BitTorrent keeps opening on startup. How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox, Spotify, and BitTorrent keeps opening on startup. How to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/anotherMiguel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkfqsy/firefox_spotify_and_bittorrent_keeps_opening_on/
  4. PC is booting up Google Chrome/Firefox on startup, but it's not listed in my startups?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC is booting up Google Chrome/Firefox on startup, but it's not listed in my startups?: Every time I reboot Windows, it's launching Google Chrome and Firefox, as well as the millions of tabs I had open, which obviously bogs down my startup. I'm assuming one of these recent updates creates a saved version of my desktop and attempt to reinstate it the moment I...
  5. Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox: I can't open Firefox but when I try to download it, I get a message that it's already running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox/90c28245-f058-4854-9409-02c93895bfd9
  6. Understanding a W10 & Defender anomoly - wrong number of files count (34million files??)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Understanding a W10 & Defender anomoly - wrong number of files count (34million files??): Hi, TOPIC: I would value help in understanding what -and how - to clarify an anomoly in Windows 10 + Defender - where the advanced scan ran for 3 days and was searching roughly 34million files. However, I only have around 1.25million on the target USB drive! Please...
  7. Firefox Photon Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Photon Firefox 57: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3029098 Mock-up of the changes to Customize mode as part of the upcoming design refresh https://i.imgur.com/ljjlqb4.jpg The first mockup shows Firefox running the Photon user interface, and the about:home page of...
  8. BSOD on Startup of Firefox - Bad_Pool_Caller 0x000000c2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Startup of Firefox - Bad_Pool_Caller 0x000000c2: The PC specs listed in my profile are my old desktop which I have re-purposed as a HTPC. I now use the motherboard's Atheros/Qualcomm AR9485 wireless network adapter to connect to my router. I can run IE 11 and Edge just fine, but if I try to use Firefox I get BSODs...
  9. Unwanted Mozilla Firefox startup at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Mozilla Firefox startup at login: Somehow I managed to have Firefox start at system login and now I don't want it to do so. I've checked Task Manager and it isn't there. I've checked users\appData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Startup and it isn't there. Where else to check? 32290
  10. wins 10 help keeps pop up at startup with firefox

in Windows 10 Support
    wins 10 help keeps pop up at startup with firefox: Like the title say, every time my computer starts up these day, the wins help pop up.... any fix can be done on this?? thank you Keith 104001