Windows 10: Firefox to enter same Signed Extension dead end as MaxThon it seems

Discus and support Firefox to enter same Signed Extension dead end as MaxThon it seems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hmm, I hope it doesn't go the way of MaxThon with only the few writing extensions: Introducing Extension Signing: A Safer Add-on Experience |... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MilesAhead, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Firefox to enter same Signed Extension dead end as MaxThon it seems

MilesAhead, Mar 17, 2015
  2. Gary-B3 Win User

Changing Text Alignment in W10

Yes Stephanie, I've also tried Firefox with the same results as the Maxthon browser.

Gary-B3, Mar 17, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Changing Text Alignment in W10

Are you using the same add-on in Firefox as in Maxthon? If so, does that give you a clue as to where the problem lies?

JimWynne, Mar 17, 2015
  4. xraiderv1 Win User

Firefox to enter same Signed Extension dead end as MaxThon it seems

yeah...there are alot of extensions that add functionality to firefox that I'd be sad to see go if this happens.

xraiderv1, Apr 9, 2015
  5. It seems like The PC Revolution's time is running out. I guess it was only for evaluation purposes. *Wink

MilesAhead, Apr 10, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    As long as they don't mess with Adblock Plu, Tab Mix Plus and a few others I will be fine . I use Cyberfox 64 Bit anyway,

7. I use CF sometimes too. I keep trying 64 bit variations of FF then 32 bit FF. Lately I don't see any speed advantage to the 64 bit. On the other hand I only run a few tabs. Some people use the browser as their work platform with 32 tabs open. They may notice a difference I suppose.

MilesAhead, Apr 10, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

CF comes in a 32 bit version as well. I hardly ever have more than 3 or 4 tabs open at a time.

9. I know. But I run the x64 just because CF has the best 64 bit FF variant I've tried. I tried Waterfox, Pale Moon, the FF 64 bit nightly builds. CF seems to work consistently and the AddOns work. I think it is just FF recompiled with an optimizing compiler. So updates are right in step with the FF releases.

Opera 12.x 64 bit is pretty snappy. But I can't tweak it. Basically I use it as a sanity check to see if the FF and chrome browsers are broken. *Smile

MilesAhead, Apr 10, 2015
  10. MilesAhead, Aug 22, 2015
  11. Tonyb Win User
    Think of it this way guys i don't use firefox but chrome has to have everything signed as well, there only doing it for your protection, to weed out so called bad extensions like ones that have malware or data stealing stuff in it.

Tonyb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox to enter same Signed Extension dead end as MaxThon it seems - Similar Threads - Firefox enter same

2. Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end: File Explorer on Windows 11 stopped showing my Quick Access "Home" favorites and I noticed a a small "Please sign in" message in top right. However, when I click on it, I am asked to sign in, which I do with 2FA. It seems to accept my credentials b/c it subsequently asks for...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer: "Please sign in" dead end: File Explorer on Windows 11 stopped showing my Quick Access "Home" favorites and I noticed a a small "Please sign in" message in top right. However, when I click on it, I am asked to sign in, which I do with 2FA. It seems to accept my credentials b/c it subsequently asks for...
  4. I am at a dead end

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am at a dead end: Hello to everyone and I hope that you are doing well I happen to have an old system with the following specs: CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: Geforce 9600 GT RAM: 2GB DDR2 800Mhz MOBO: Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L PSU: A very cheap one This system used to work as it should. Then, one...
  5. Extensions in Firefox 66

in Windows 10 News
    Extensions in Firefox 66: Firefox 66 is currently in beta and, for extension developers, the changes to the WebExtensions API center primarily around improving performance, stability, and the development experience. A total of 30 issues were resolved in Firefox 66, including contributions from several...
  6. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  7. Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension...
  8. Firefox 57 Ready Extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57 Ready Extensions: Just in case you want to know what extensions will work with Firefox 57 as of today the link in below:*tip*BSOD https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er=54.0&page=2 89428
  9. Maxthon won't download

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon won't download: I've been using windows 10 for about 2 weeks. The browser I use on all my PCs is Maxthon because it is pretty nifty. Don't try to convert me to another one - it's already to late. Everything works fine...for awhile. Eventually the browser's download manager stops working. It...
  10. Mouse seemed to go dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse seemed to go dead: Windows 10 Home I got on my computer this morning and my mouse wouldn't do a thing. I use one of those small, wireless Logitech mice. I change battery, wiped it off with alcohol and changed battery again. I forced a shutdown, unplugged my computer and then hit the start...