Windows 10: Firefox Update Leaves old version on system

Discus and support Firefox Update Leaves old version on system in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It's not "full" of choices, in fact almost everything is a monopoly or oligopoly these days due to elimination of protection against concentration of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oao, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Firefox Update Leaves old version on system

You have a choice to use a VPN, but what I am saying is that The new version of Firefox is far superior than any prior release you also had a choice whether to upgrade to Win 10 or not to. You also have a choice to use Linux,

DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

The Choice is yours and only yours. MS did not twist your arm to get Windows 10 and there are methods to minimize the spying, MS is not doing it to snoop on you, they use the data to improve their product. Chrome , I cannot speak to as I only used it for 5 minutes. When I saw that there were chrome processes running after I exited chrome and restarted my PC I removed it.

Josey Wales, Oct 14, 2017
  2. OAO
    oao Win User

We don't need CONSTANT improvements, we need stability. That's why it's important to give a lot of thought to design before development, which is precisely what sware vendors don't do.

3. Stability comes with improvements/

4. OAO
    oao Win User

Firefox Update Leaves old version on system

If stability REQUIRES improvements, it is not stability.

5. Not with the release you are using. Try Firefox 57 it is stable . But do what you want , I have used Firefox since it first came out as Phoenix-I do know a little about it.

6. kipper Win User
    Been on FF 57 for the past several hours and I do find it to be a major improvement, very stable and the add-ons I use are working just fine with it.......Thanks for the recommendation Josey.......

kipper, Oct 14, 2017
  7. Glad it is working for you

Josey Wales, Oct 15, 2017
  8. FerchogtX Win User

Constantly changing... what? Have you tried Edge at least once? The latest version that comes with build 1703 is awesome, supports a lot of extensions (including Ublock Origin YESS) and it's quite stable and fast, besides the UI changes are really minimal (And add, in exchange, new features that are useful)... also, what spying? If you are so concerned, disable smartscreen, but honestly, I woudn't, as it can prevent remote attacks and fishy stuff from the net to sneaking into your system.

I mean, I use Chrome, Edge, Firefox and IE, and honestly, besides Firefox having memory issues (at least the 32 bit version), Edge is quite stable...

I mean, why bashing a browser, if you haven't tried it?

FerchogtX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox Update Leaves old version on system - Similar Threads - Firefox Update Leaves

2. Windows 10 Version to old for updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Version to old for updates: Hello there,following case:I have to install Microsoft 365 applications on a Windows 10 PC.The problem is, that the Windows version is too old and therefore not compatible.But it is too old for receiving updates on it's own also. via Windows settingsReinstalling the PC is not...
  3. Windows 10 Version to old for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version to old for updates: Hello there,following case:I have to install Microsoft 365 applications on a Windows 10 PC.The problem is, that the Windows version is too old and therefore not compatible.But it is too old for receiving updates on it's own also. via Windows settingsReinstalling the PC is not...
  4. Windows 10 Version to old for updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Firefox ESR super stable version vs Firefox stable version

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox ESR super stable version vs Firefox stable version: i am using Firefox ESR super stable version because Firefox ESR is super stable version more a lot than Firefox stable version What do you think? 182896
  6. problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2

problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 version 20h2 2 days ago. Initially I was thrilled with how it was performing. This morning I had difficulty starting up the pc and had many problems opening Firefox and Thunderbird. With task manager open I tried to open Thunderbird. Got...
  7. Updates keep installing old version

Updates keep installing old version: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on my laptop. Since a couple of days I noticed that Windows is not activated any more. I ran the troubleshooter with the following result: troubleshooter discovered an activation key for Windows 10 Home single language version 1703....
  8. Firefox won't update to latest version

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox won't update to latest version: I opened Firefox today and it said there was an update (64.0.2). I ran the update and clicked restart and it acts like it's installing the update but then when I click "about Firefox" it still says I need to restart to update Firefox. This just keeps happening. It doesn't...
  9. cannot restore old firefox profile

in Browsers and Email
    cannot restore old firefox profile: I realise this post is not exclusively related to Windows 10, but someone out there may be able to help me. I carelessly ended up with a virus today and it played havoc with my Firefox browser. Fortunately a couple of weeks ago I had saved a copy of my Firefox profile...
  10. Anniversary update fails, leaving system unbootable

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update fails, leaving system unbootable: Perhaps someone can tell me what went wrong here. I have a bottom-rung Dell Inspiron 330s that I inherited from a family member. It shipped with Win7 Home, and while it was eligible I had updated it to Win10 1511. Very little if anything on it ... pretty much a vanilla...