Windows 10: Firefox uses massive RAM?

Discus and support Firefox uses massive RAM? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So...I've got numerous Edge tabs open. One single tab of Firefox...and I get this RAM usage. What the heck? I can't even use Firefox on this machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by diablo bob, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Firefox uses massive RAM?

So...I've got numerous Edge tabs open. One single tab of Firefox...and I get this RAM usage. What the heck?

I can't even use Firefox on this machine since it eats up all my RAM. The whole machine slows down. What gives?
    Firefox uses massive RAM? [​IMG]

:)

diablo bob, Mar 28, 2018

2. How to Download Firefox 4 Beta for Maemo !

Exactly that is what eeven I was gonna ask you guys...Dont u guys feel it is way too slow, it takes time to load pages I feel it is very sluggish !! Big Deal of being a Firefox Beta 4 and what not !! Huh ??

rabraham---01, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Turned itself off, now won't turn on

Haha! yes, t'would be ironic. I'll probably uninstall it anyway as it's not been much use, i'm sure it would be to many but i hardly use it.

i've not gone overboard on apps anyway, and i have only permitted the safest repository. from my memory, i've installed airport, angry birds, brightness statusbar app, flashlight, level, hermes, pidgin, recaller, mediabox, battery graph, currency converter,
    firefox, pixelpipe,touch search, wifi switcher, and that's it. so a fair few, but not massive amounts.

richwhite---01, Mar 28, 2018
  4. Firefox uses massive RAM?

Firefox does the same for me. I can leave a single tab open for a while and it will eat more RAM than Chrome with 10+ tabs in constant use.

Access Denied, Mar 28, 2018
  5. Thread belongs in the Browsers and email location.

First thing to try is to open Fx in Safe Mode; do that, then post the result, we can proceed from there.

In case you are not aware of Safe Mode:

Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

If you are aware, then don't have read the two previous lines of text....

Not Myself, Mar 29, 2018
  6. Not for me

Josey Wales, Mar 29, 2018
  7. Stitch194 Win User
    What version of FF are you running? I run Win 10 Pro, Firefox Quantum 59.02. with one Add ON. Have you tried disabling Add On's -Pug In's? If there's no noticeable difference I would uninstall/reinstall FF

Stitch194, Mar 29, 2018
  8. Berton Win User

Firefox uses massive RAM?

My Firefox show 6 processes with 4 pages/tabs open and only 431.5MB memory used.

Berton, Mar 29, 2018
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have seen that behaviour sometimes when having both Facebook and Youtube opened for a long time.

eLPuSHeR, Mar 29, 2018
  10. Firefox 60 BETA 8 with 6 addons and I am not having this memory issue. You can see what I am running in my specs.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox uses massive RAM?

1. Firefox uses massive RAM? - Similar Threads - Firefox uses massive

2. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  3. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  4. dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram: [IMG] Just using Windows normally, then saw this process using a massive amount of ram. Previously it was just lower than 300mb at most times. Any help please? These are my specifications: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzInstalled RAM: 20.0 GB...
  5. Ram use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram use: i have a old AM3 motherboard idk if that would effect it but imma add that with 8gb of ram but it says i can only use 3.9gb which is weird and idk how to fix it, im also on windows 10 specs: CPU: FX 8320 GPU : radeon HD 7759 ram : 2x4 gb PNY ddr3 ram motherboard : asus m5a97...
  6. Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage: Hi all, Not sure if anyone can relate to these issues or offer any advice. Has anyone noticed that the new Edge has issues with syncing favourites? When I turn on syncing, it seems to duplicate my favourites 5 or 6 times. My favourites bar for example is a complete mess of...
  7. 'Intel Technology Access - Service' suddenly using massive amounts of RAM - what's going on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Intel Technology Access - Service' suddenly using massive amounts of RAM - what's going on?: I had this happen to me twice not in the past 30 days. Out of nowhere Intel Technology Access - Service or more specific the Intel Online Connect Access starts using massive amounts of RAM making everything crash with an "out of memory" error. I was just watching a YouTube...
  8. Why does google chrome use so much RAM compared to firefox? Discuss.

in Browsers and Email
    Why does google chrome use so much RAM compared to firefox? Discuss.: Why does google chrome use so much RAM compared to firefox? Discuss. 94780
  9. BSOD while using Firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using Firefox: Hi, I'm a first time poster, but this forum has helped me out quite a few times in the past and people here seem to know their stuff, so... Anyway, today was the second time I got a blue screen since getting this computer, like half a year or so ago. It came with Windows...
  10. Massive RAM usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive RAM usage: Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it's been a while since this is happening: This PC currently have 8 GB of RAM after playing/watching a few videos/browising the ram suddenly goes up to 85-95+% (70-75% the lowest) of usage and never goes...