Windows 10: Firefox V53.0.2 "Not Responding" frequently on Windows 10 Pro 1703

Discus and support Firefox V53.0.2 "Not Responding" frequently on Windows 10 Pro 1703 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Getting frequent freeze ups saying Not Responding while running Firefox V53.0.2 (problem was happening in earlier versions). This all started after I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wguimb, May 11, 2017.

1. wguimb Win User

Firefox V53.0.2 "Not Responding" frequently on Windows 10 Pro 1703

Getting frequent freeze ups saying Not Responding while running Firefox V53.0.2 (problem was happening in earlier versions). This all started after I upgrade to the Anniversary Update to Win10. I am not saying the problem comes from this, probably just a coincidence. Firefox addons and plugins are all up to date.

If I am watching a Livestream event, have Facebook open and watching a Youtube video on Firefox at the same time, I get the message not responding and everything locks up. Eventually Firefox clears up after a few seconds. However FB gets really slow to respond. Sometimes Windows Explorer also locks up to the point where Ctrl+Alt+delete does not respond. Using System Explorer (Download System Explorer - MajorGeeks) I can see that Flash plugin and MBAMService are using excessive CPU and memory.

I have all software up to date. I have reviewed the Event Log after these events and I see no errors related to the problem. Flash plugin is up to date and Malwarebytes is up to date. I have disabled Defender and SAS. I use Avira Pro antivirus and Malwarebytes Pro V3.0.6, which are up to date. I have run root kit scans. I have ran numerous scans using these two programs. No problems found.

I also have Chrome open just so I can view my surveillance camera video using Dlink Plugin. Chrome sure kicks off about dozen Chrome processes. I guess one for each addon.

Any insight or thoughts are appreciated.

:)

wguimb, May 11, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

Chrome and Firefox for windows 10

Using Firefox 52.0.2 right now on Windows 10 Pro 1703. Just because you have a problem doesn't mean everyone does.

JimWynne, May 11, 2017
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, May 11, 2017
  4. Firefox V53.0.2 "Not Responding" frequently on Windows 10 Pro 1703

Not Myself, May 11, 2017
  5. wguimb Win User
    I'm sorry, I haven't been on any forums since Windows 7 Forum. I checked Malwarebytes support forum and found that everyone using Malwarebytes 3.0 to the current 3.0.5 are experiencing the same issue. Supposedly 3.0.6 will fix it.

wguimb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox V53.0.2 "Not Responding" frequently on Windows 10 Pro 1703

1. Firefox V53.0.2 "Not Responding" frequently on Windows 10 Pro 1703 - Similar Threads - Firefox V53 Responding

2. Windows 10 PRO update to 20H2 from 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PRO update to 20H2 from 1703: Hi, I have windows 10 version 1703. I'm trying to upgrade to 20H2 using the update manager. After several minutes installation blocks and the following message is shown Italian. [ATTACH]I cannot find the error code explanation on internet. How could I solve this?...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Stopped Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Stopped Responding: Hi, I turn my old PC into NAS, with help from Plex Media Server. I installed Windows 10 Pro about two months ago and didn't have any problem, until about a week ago when the PC seems inaccessible from my network and doesn't display anything when I plugged an HDMI cable into...
  4. Frequently Not responding

Frequently Not responding: Hi. I have a problem running a game in windows 10fresh installed not activated in core2 quad q8400, 4gb ram, amd radeon hd6670 gpu. Should I roll back to win7? Btw win10 is from bootable usb....
  5. Can't get passed windows 10 pro 1703

Can't get passed windows 10 pro 1703: I have a new pc build. I have windows 10 pro installed. At first i tried installing the latest software. But 1909 crashes and reboots. it'll do that a couple times before going into recover mode. I tried going backwards to see if i could find something stable. The earliest...
  6. Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1703 PRO Cortana/Search is not working: Hi Experts, i am installing windows 10 1703 Professional in my PC, post installation if i user search option it is always blank, this is not a domain joined PC. I have tried multiple steps like, Restart Cortana / Search process Restore indexing services Modify...
  7. Window 10 pro version 1703 offline update

Window 10 pro version 1703 offline update: Hi Microsoft How to manually update PCs with Window 10 pro, version 1703 and 1709 to version 1803 (64-bit operation system) without internet. Please provide the procedure and download links. Thanks and regards Myden Tse...
  8. Multiple windows utilities (and firefox) will stop responding

Multiple windows utilities (and firefox) will stop responding: I have recently reinstalled windows 10 due to a driver issue. That issue is fixed but now multiple windows utilities, including the desktop, windows explorer, the utility bar, and snipping tool, will stop responding. It doesn't happen in safe mode. I tried running sfc...
  9. Firefox vs. Firefox ESR Re: winver 10 pro

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs. Firefox ESR Re: winver 10 pro: So I am (reluctantly) using winver 10 pro 1709 so I don't really know if it is stretching the guidelines about asking about an application here though I am sure someone will let me know : ) Prior to December of last year I used almost exclusively Firefox since it seemed more...
  10. Windows 1703 pro and Windows Update for Business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 1703 pro and Windows Update for Business: I have a Windows 10 pro 1703 desktop and i found update options in Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Advanced options to select between Configure devices for Current Branch (CB) Current Branch for Business (CBB) Device is on CB:...