Windows 10: Firefox v56 Reload/Stop Button Issue in TenForums

Discus and support Firefox v56 Reload/Stop Button Issue in TenForums in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Firefox v56.0.2 (64-bit) from v54 (32-bit). I am having a strange issue with the TenForums site that I don't notice anywhere... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by johnpd, Nov 9, 2017.

1. johnpd Win User

Firefox v56 Reload/Stop Button Issue in TenForums

I recently upgraded to Firefox v56.0.2 (64-bit) from v54 (32-bit). I am having a strange issue with the TenForums site that I don't notice anywhere else. I usually start on the main forums page, then select a particular forum and open it into a new tab. Then I may open one of the threads in a third tab. Ever since the upgrade, the "reload/stop" button at the end of the address bar on this thread page shows an "x" indicating the page is still loading instead of the circular arrow which indicates the page has finished loading. In addition, all the other pages I have open, then indicate the same problem ("x" instead of circular arrow) even though these pages had long since loaded. If I open the thread within the same tab as the forum instead of in a separate tab, there is no problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried using the site in a fresh profile (no extensions) and I still noticed the problem.

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Nov 9, 2017
  2. tomhogg Win User

windows update keeps offering the same update

after running the DISM and the Restorthen running rest tenforum to clear the historythen run windows update it downloads and installs 14 updates then reloads them again and again until history is full(50) and then it stops after 56 reloads of same 14 updates
    and says the system is up-to-date as of the time is stopped updateding. I did notice in the tenfroum that it says it can't find c:\programData\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat , everytime I have run it. That's the "Rest_Register_Windows_Update_Componate4"

tomhogg, Nov 9, 2017
  3. SBrookman Win User
    Windows 10 update and Firefox problem

After upgrading to Windows 10 when launching Firefox a "blog" continues to reload multiple small windows in the upper left of the monitor. It can't be stopped. It continues until Firefox is shut down. I never subscribed to any blog nor have I ever had
    this issue before.

I deleted my default homepage (Netvibes) on Firefox thinking it might be associated with that but the blog still loads. Dozens of times a minute....

Weeklycomputingidea.blogspot.com is the culprit.

SBrookman, Nov 9, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Does address start with httpS ?

CountMike, Nov 9, 2017
  5. johnpd Win User
    All the TenForums pages start with https:

JohnD

johnpd, Nov 9, 2017
  6. bo elam Win User
    I think is a bug in Firefox. I saw what you described reported in another forum, afterward, I started to notice and realized that it was also happening with my Firefox (different sites, and very rare).

Edit: It happened just now after posting reply, look at the picture *Smile

Firefox v56 Reload/Stop Button Issue in TenForums [​IMG]

Bo

bo elam, Nov 10, 2017
  7. johnpd Win User
    A Firefox bug is my belief as well. I thought I would post here to see if anyone else had experienced this. FF v57 is scheduled to be released next week. I will have to see if this may be fixed in it. I have another issue with uBlock Origin in FF v56 as well.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox v56 Reload/Stop Button Issue in TenForums - Similar Threads - Firefox v56 Reload

2. Firefox reloading pages after they are fully loaded.

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox reloading pages after they are fully loaded.: Firefox version: [img] Is anyone else experiencing Firefox reloading a web page after it is already fully loaded? What is happening, is that the browser is reloading the web page while viewing (scrolling) further down the page and reloading the page (same tab and not...
  3. Welcome to TenForums

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome to TenForums: Hello to allGiorgio from Italy, self-taught enthusiast for all the new technologies and innovations, for my work I use computers since 1982 with my first PC Digital 300 professional complete with Lotus 123 software withdrawn from the United States. Used various operating...
  4. Needing help tinkering with Firefox browser 67.0 (Buttons Issue)

in Browsers and Email
    Needing help tinkering with Firefox browser 67.0 (Buttons Issue): I have just figured out how to move the buttons for my add-ons to underneath the the main buttons area. Which makes my browser look a bit more organized and clean. But I still have problems with the buttons that are inside the main search bar. Like the "Toggle Reader View"...
  5. Firefox has deleted all extensions and won't reload them

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox has deleted all extensions and won't reload them: Something has happened to Firefox where it's deleted all of my extensions Ad Block Plus, UBlock Origin, etc. and if I try and go reinstall them I get an error message saying "download failed, check your connection". I've never seen this happen before. I've restarted the...
  6. tenforums search engine?

in Browsers and Email
    tenforums search engine?: OK, I recently noticed that tenforums.com is now my default search engine when using the omnibox in Chrome. This is a huge problem for me. How on earth do I change back to Google? Before you ask, yes of course I already tried to change it in Chrome settings and EVERY search...
  7. google search with firefox gets reloaded?

in Browsers and Email
    google search with firefox gets reloaded?: bit of an odd question. when using firefox, i search (google by default) with the old separate search box. noticed today (or last day or 2?) that it opens the results in a new tab (which is normal), but that is then reloaded immediately. it would appear it first opens a...
  8. Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update...

in Browsers and Email
    Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update...: Has anyone noticed the generic look to the Folders in the bookmark app? [img] I don't mind that, but you'd think that after all these years they'd make the app itself bigger. One other quirk; When I updated my machine in specs, the Options app had an unresponsive...
  9. setting up tenforums.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setting up tenforums.: Novice requires time zone re-establishing as GMT + Daylight saving UK on entering forum, apologies not noticing something I missed on registering. 72238
  10. Welcome to TenForums

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome to TenForums: Welcome to TenForums! Take a couple minutes to introduce yourself, so we can say hello. 14728