Windows 10: Firefox will not connect to internet

Discus and support Firefox will not connect to internet in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am finding It impossible to get Mozilla Firefox to connect to the internet on my daughter's Laptop which has a Windows 10. Pro. O/S. Other browsers... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gordon99, Feb 7, 2017.

1. gordon99 Win User

Firefox will not connect to internet

I am finding It impossible to get Mozilla Firefox to connect to the internet on my daughter's Laptop which has a Windows 10. Pro. O/S. Other browsers work fine. Firefox was also worked ok until somehow I managed to unhinge it. There are no error messages, just a blank screen with the usual search bars. I have tried removing and reinstalling Firefox. I have also followed Mozillas advice regarding checks on Windows Firewall to make sure that this was not causing the problem.. I am at my wits end.. I really do want to restore a working version of Firefox and won't of appreciate suggestions as t what I need to do.

:)

gordon99, Feb 7, 2017

2. Firefox will not connect to google .com but will connect to google .ca . How do I fix this? thx

I am blocked from Google .com but not Google .ca

Other search engines all work.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

indigodave, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Firefox will not connect to google .com but will connect to google .ca . How do I fix this? thx

I ran Malwarebytes, and had 57 PUPS that deleted. That may have done the fix. All good now. Thx.

indigodave, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

check its network setting is it set to use a proxy?

Samuria, Feb 7, 2017
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    Is the Homepage/Startpage legit, or the same across all browsers?

pyramid10, Feb 7, 2017
  6. Not Myself, Feb 7, 2017
  7. gordon99 Win User
    Sorry for placing my question in the wrong section. Regarding the proxy setting, I tried them all with no success. Concerning the Start Page, it is more or less plain though it does carry search bars and the top right hand symbols including the one which gives access to options etc. However, it does not show the large centre page Mozilla Globe logo.
    I have trawled the Mozilla diagnostics pages and tried the suggested solutions but will try again. I have removed and re-loaded Firefox with no change in the outcome.
    Thanks all for your interest.

gordon99, Feb 7, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

Try a free refresh a reinstall keeps the profile a refresh re does it what firewall are you using it could block it

Samuria, Feb 7, 2017
  9. Just FYI, reinstalling Fx rarely fixes anything. It does happen, but in the vast majority of cases (no, I don't have any actual statistics about that, just years of on-line observation,) it is the Fx profile, not the program itself that is the proximate cause of problems.

Not Myself, Feb 7, 2017
  10. gordon99 Win User
    I seem to be getting nowhere with this problem. Maybe I should have explained that the problem seems to have arisen after I was assisting my daughter on another matter using TeamViewer. We live some 200 miles apart. I have tried doing a complete removal and reinstalling of Firefox using TeamViewer. I have tried Refresh and I have also talked her through the same processes by phone.in case TeamViewer was causing the problem. I know this is not vital as Chrome and Edge both work ok, but I would like very much to get her back on track with Firefox.

gordon99, Feb 20, 2017
  11. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Feb 21, 2017
  12. Plankton Win User

Are you using the "Sync" feature in Firefox?

Plankton, Feb 21, 2017
  13. gordon99 Win User
    Plankton. Neither I, nor my daughter, know what Sync. does so would not knowingly have interfered with that option..However, supposing we had, would that have prevented Firefox connecting to the internet on her Laptop? I cannot help feeling that I am overlooking something quite straightforward. The browser was working fine but now it won't. I feel sure the program is fairly foolproof yet it just refuses to perform as it should even after a removal and a re-install and yet there are no error messages to give me a clue.

gordon99, Feb 21, 2017
  14. To start completely fresh do the following. Uninstall Firefox from the control panel "Uninstall a program" feature. Then click start, and type %appdata% and press enter. This will open the hidden folder to delete your profile folder. Click on the Mozilla folder until you see the Firefox folder, and delete it. This will delete all settings. Then reinstall Firefox to recreate everything from scratch including all network settings, and hopefully that will fix your issue.

Firefox will not connect to internet [​IMG]

In regards to Sync this is a setting under the options where you can sign in with a Firefox account, and whenever you install a new fresh version of Firefox (say on a new computer), you can sync all your settings so you don't have to re-download all your extensions, or go into options to re-configure all your settings.

Bobby Phoenix, Feb 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Firefox will not connect to internet - Similar Threads - Firefox connect internet

2. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update: I tried to update Windows 10 and the update did not complete. Now I cannot get my Firefox browser to connect to the internet. How do I fix it?...
  3. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update: I tried to update Windows 10 and the update did not complete. Now I cannot get my Firefox browser to connect to the internet. How do I fix it?...
  4. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No Internet Connection and Not connected

No Internet Connection and Not connected: Hi Dear, My laptop has several problems: 1.when i used my computer on yesterday, i still works and a hour later, it shows no network, it is totally not shown any icons, like wifi, networks, Bluetooth... At the task bar 2. Also no network shown too, whatever the next...
  6. Internet Connected but no Internet

Internet Connected but no Internet: Whenever I go on to the internet it says No internet and the diagnostics say The remote device or resource won't accept the connection. The error is ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. When i go to Network connections it says the Network Cable is Unplugged for Ethernet but i've...
  7. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  8. Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet

Wifi Connecting to Internet, but Chrome not connecting to internet: Why does my wifi say that i'm connected to internet, and have an excellent connection, but wherever I get on chrome, the connection always times out?...
  9. Firefox connection

Firefox connection: Tried to connect to Firefox after attempting to upload a newer version and it said it cant find my profile- nothing helps so no firefox… hate chrome and dislike edge but what can I do??...
  10. Internet Explorer acting like Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer acting like Firefox: I was on Yahoo and accessed the Games. I accessed the daily crossword and I got the ad bypass window that Firefox displays and then the game came up. I tried a couple of the other games and it did the same thing. One thing fixed... 3503

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox not connecting to internet