Windows 10: Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

Discus and support Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Firefox is my preferred browser, and I have the latest version/update. Problem is that it will not show me threads on this site. I can see the thread... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gurn Blanston, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

Firefox is my preferred browser, and I have the latest version/update. Problem is that it will not show me threads on this site. I can see the thread listings, but when I go to read a thread, I get nothing but blank space where the messages should be. The avatars and user names show up, however. Edge works fine here.

FF works fine for all other websites, and I would prefer to use it here instead of Edge. I'm thinking it must be some sort of HTML error, but I can't figure out how to resolve it.

Any advice gratefully received.

:)

Gurn Blanston, Feb 18, 2017
  2. anwar_123 Win User

Issue with google sites and facebook

Hi ,

I am not able to access google's other site. Like google news .

From edge I am not able to open facebook page . Thought it opens in firefox but when I try to open google site , firefox crashes.

Though edge does not cruses , but it does not open up facebook and other google sites.

I have tried multiple option given in the community answers , still I have the issue.

I have tried from other system and there it works.

Regards

anwar_123, Feb 18, 2017
  3. disable microsoft edge

Since, Microsoft demands you to use Edge, does anyone know how to disable that damn thing? I have Firefox 64 bit browser and it's lightening fast but with some programs or sites Edge gets in the way. There is no comparison between Firefox 64 bit and edge.
    Does anyone have a solution?

Lee McLaughlin, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

Firefox works fine for me (51.0.1) in fact, I'm using it to post this reply.

Try clearing your cache. Do you use any add-ons that may be causing a conflict? Try disabling them.

You could also try another skin - look at the bottom right of each page, just above the TenForums logo.

5. Not Myself, Feb 19, 2017
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    Strangely reminiscent of this thread:

Palemoon

I don't know why the problem would surface NOW for Mozilla Firefox.

pyramid10, Feb 19, 2017
  7. Firefox works just fine on my Win 7 installation (dual boot on this same machine) for this forum. It just won't work right in Windows 10.

I tried clearing the cache, disabling add-ons, and a new forum skin with no success. I still can't see the thread contents.

Gurn Blanston, Feb 19, 2017
  8. Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

I've never had problems with FF on this (or any other, for that matter) web site. Two days ago I upgraded from 47.0 to 51.0.1. No problems with either one, but I can't comment on the releases I skipped. I'm using the 32 bit version, not the x64. Which are you trying to use?

Do you use Kaspersky antivirus software? There have been many reports of the 2017 version of Kaspersky products breaking web access for some users using some browsers. I've had no such trouble.

pokeefe0001, Feb 21, 2017
  9. Not Myself, Feb 21, 2017
  10. Plankton Win User
    Which bit version of Firefox are you using?

Plankton, Feb 21, 2017
  11. Not sure. I'll boot into 10 when I get home and check that out. I believe it's 32 bit. I run 32 bit at the office and have no issues with this site there. In fact, I'm using FF to type this.

Gurn Blanston, Feb 21, 2017
  12. prikker Win User
    Fx 52 beta 8 64 bit and no problem.

prikker, Feb 21, 2017
  13. Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

Checking the bit version today and I discovered that I was on revision 39 of Firefox. I upgraded to 51 and the problem seems to have gone away.

Thank you to everyone for their help and comments. I'm marking this thread as solved.

Gurn Blanston, Feb 25, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    That was seriously out of date. There have been countless security patches since then. You should check more often, you can set 'Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them' in Options > Advanced > Update.

15. Part of that is not logging into Win 10 for a very long time. Now that I'm using it more, FF will be kept up to date.

Gurn Blanston, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

1. Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does. - Similar Threads - Firefox site Edge

2. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  3. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  4. Firefox no longer logging me into sites

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox no longer logging me into sites: Since updating to FF 82.0, I've been having to log into sites with login names and passwords recorded in Firefox that I haven't had to manually log into for a long time. This site and YouTube are two that I have to log into manually every time I open them. I posted on another...
  5. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Browsers and Email
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  6. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  7. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  8. Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem: Anyone having security certificate problems when trying to use Outlook.com mail with Firefox recently might want to watch this site for Microsoft's progress in fixing the fault. Office 365 Service Status I can usually get in now with repeatedly clicking the Retry button...
  9. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...
  10. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist: I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned websites on both jump lists. One thing that has been aggravating me slightly is with the latest Firefox the ‘frequent sites’ no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox does not work but edge works