Windows 10: Firefox

Discus and support Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Like many i use Firefox, i did the insiders up date to 14342 now on a regular basis i am asked do i want to use firefox as my browser yes i do many... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by geordie17, May 12, 2016.

1. geordie17 Win User

Firefox

Like many i use Firefox, i did the insiders up date to 14342 now on a regular basis i am asked do i want to use firefox as my browser yes i do many many time then i am sent to the settings page I pick firefox then it does it again. I have unchecked the box ask every time, is it a ploy by MS hopping we will stop using non MS browsers ?

:)

geordie17, May 12, 2016

2. Firefox replaced by Firefox Quantum

> This is a virus, called 'Quantum'

firefox quantum - Recherche Google

> I can't seem to uninstall this 'Quantum' Firefox, and when I try to install the real Firefox, my computer doesn't seem to recognise the exe file extensions

Firefox Support

Firefox Help

Don

Don Varnau, May 12, 2016
  3. BadGirl69 Win User
    Firefox replaced by Firefox Quantum

The other day, I turned on my computer, and Firefox was changed and so was the icon. This is a virus, called 'Quantum'.

My computer is messed up. I can't seem to uninstall this 'Quantum' Firefox, and when I try to install the real Firefox, my computer doesn't seem to recognise the exe file extensions. Also, if I connect anything to my computer to backup my data, it locks my
    file to read only on whatever device I connect. It had a padlock icon next to it.

* Moved from Virus & Malware

* Original title: How To I Get My Fox Back?

BadGirl69, May 12, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Firefox

This should fix the problem:
    Win+X->Control Panel->Default Programs then click on "Set your default Programs", click on Firefox then "Set this program as default"

Firefox [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 12, 2016
  5. geordie17 Win User
    Thank you, tried the win x but no control panel but i found it and followed you helpful diagram.so far ok Thanks again

geordie17, May 12, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    hold down Win key then press X.It should give you this :

Firefox [​IMG]

However, you found it then it should be OK. Glad you got it sorted.

topgundcp, May 12, 2016
  7. jadinolf Win User
    Thanks

I'm not sure if I did that or not.

Can't believe if the first computer was so easy why this is happening?

I'll be back.

jadinolf, Sep 23, 2016
  8. jadinolf Win User

Firefox

Thanks all for your contributions.;*Smile

jadinolf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox

1. Firefox - Similar Threads - Firefox

2. firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firefox: firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox/0f6bcc1b-51aa-4abe-8c0b-b8e0b1da740e
  3. firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    firefox: firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox/0f6bcc1b-51aa-4abe-8c0b-b8e0b1da740e
  4. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  5. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  6. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

7. Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?: I keep getting a volume popup at the bottom of my Firefox pages. It also changes the amount of volume that I've entered.* Moved from Community Center...
  8. Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?

Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?: I keep getting a volume popup at the bottom of my Firefox pages. It also changes the amount of volume that I've entered.* Moved from Community Center...
  9. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  10. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...