Windows 10: Firewall and Defender Maybe still on

Discus and support Firewall and Defender Maybe still on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So a weird thing I am seeing with my system Win10 Pro 64-bit 1703. I installed Avast and Comodo and it appears that part of Windows recognizes it and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AirPower4ever, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Firewall and Defender Maybe still on

So a weird thing I am seeing with my system Win10 Pro 64-bit 1703. I installed Avast and Comodo and it appears that part of Windows recognizes it and other areas do not. If I go to the Control Panel > System & Security > Security Maintenance Windows 10 sees that Comodo is ON and that Avast is also on.

But in the start up area the Windows Defender shield has a red circle with an x in it. Clicking on that it says under Firewall & network protection it shows the attached called "Firewall"

Firewall and Defender Maybe still on [​IMG]

I have another Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709 and it has all green check marks. On the main page you can see under Firewall & network security two things

Firewall and Defender Maybe still on [​IMG]

Here you see the Firewall has the issue, but also under the Virus & threat protection it just says your using an A/V. Comparing that to my 1709, it states under the Virus & threat protection says "Open Avast Antivirus"

I got to this because of an email issue and troubleshot it to the Firewall. At first both Comodo and the Windows Firewall were both on. So I turned off the Windows one since I had Comodo and this started this whole thing.

I tried reinstalling both Avast and Comodo and no change. Not sure what else to do, any suggestions?

:)

AirPower4ever, Nov 27, 2017
  2. romeyao Win User

definition update for windows defender fails over and over in Windows 10

Here is what I did. I went to the "Setting" in Norton, disabled the firewall, and then I was able to update the Defender, Having advised that the update was successful, I then enabled the Norton Firewall. Since then I have not been advised of any failure
    or (non failure) of Defender updates (like you maybe, I am on auto upate). I hope this help.

romeyao, Nov 27, 2017
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    McAfee and windows defender issues?

Defender can scan om a periodic basis, so it is not "fully off".

This can be turned of fully using the defender settings.

Many mcafee user options where removed or changed when intel

bought the company, the reason I moved to another section.

Defender and windows firewall are more win10 friendly then 3rd party

programs, but in my opinion not as secure.

Using more then one antivirus-firewall maybe"ok" as far as win 10 -ms states,

but have had issues doing so in the past.

kjl1956, Nov 27, 2017
Thema:

Firewall and Defender Maybe still on

1. Firewall and Defender Maybe still on - Similar Threads - Firewall Defender Maybe

2. I'm out of idea. Maybe Firewall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm out of idea. Maybe Firewall?: Lately, I have been running into an issue with the ethernet specifically to my home PC. I have made sure it is not the cable and have tried it on multiple devices. It seems to happen specifically when someone is trying to connect to my PC through LAN or if the computer is...
  3. Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Firewall: Got an email saying my Defender Firewall subscription was auto renewed for $199.99. I don't have a subscription and how was I charged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-firewall/a4c2b7e0-2e4c-4800-aec0-1c69d0b0fed6
  4. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  5. defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender firewall: I cannot temporarily turn off the firewall. The page that is shown has a button to turn it off but ignores any clicking of the button and does not allow it to be turned off. This is crappy and has me completely stonewalled!!!...
  6. windows defender firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows defender firewall: hi all my windows defender firewall in wondows 10 is disable and I cannot do anything to repair it. please help me Daniele https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall/deb9a9f4-ea71-4739-b2cd-0e6b657aea27
  7. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img] Thanks 131858
  8. Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Firewall: My computer has recently crashed twice in a row, then told me to turn on Windows Firewall Defender.However I am unable to turn it on at all, it provides me with this message when i try turning it on : Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...
  10. Defender Firewall

Defender Firewall: Is it possible to turn off Windows Defender virus scan but KEEP Defender Firewall? If so how. Thanx McM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defender-firewall/a6fb611b-30bc-45c5-a397-da055b86cc53"