Windows 10: Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access

Discus and support Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've figured out, that my computer won't let other my devices access shared drives & folders on my computer. I use CIFS/SMB feature from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Filip Hovorka, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access

Hello,

I've figured out, that my computer won't let other my devices access shared drives & folders on my computer. I use CIFS/SMB feature from appwiz.cpl -> "Turn Windows features on or off". Then I simply connect to other devices running Windows 10 and either Linux.

But if I wanted to connect from my laptop to computer -- Both devices Windows 10 1803, Then I got "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found"

So When I turn off Firewall - Private one - CIFS and SMB work fine.

Then I tried to add UDP 137,138 and TCP 139, 445 (Which are basically used for SMB and CIFS). Still doesn't work, and I have no clue about that.

Also, I allowed default File and sharing stuff in Firewall by default option.

So the problem should be in Firewall (Private networks)

Any clue?

Thanks

:)

Filip Hovorka, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

SMB/CIFS server not working Windows 10 pro insider build 15063.14

Hi Mike,

Since your issue is about accessing shared files over the network, and it involves SMB/CIFS server, we suggest that you post it to TechNet
    Forums
    so that I.T. professionals can give you their advice.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Ramon Imp, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Windows 10 1703 update: CIFS / SMB / Samba Network Shares not shown after update

Hi Henk,

We'd like to know more about the issue that you encountered after the latest updates. Please answer the following:

• Did you get any error messages or codes when you are trying to access your CIFS/ SMB/ Samba Newtork Shares?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    For initial troubleshooting, we commend that you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    to detect problems from keeping your computer up to date.

We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Aug 13, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access

1. Firewall blocking CIFS/SMB access - Similar Threads - Firewall blocking CIFS

2. BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...: HI,I want to know how i can BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to access Local Network Shares from the Windows Firewall Rules in Windows 10.Can anyone help me on this?ThanksMuja...
  3. BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...: HI,I want to know how i can BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to access Local Network Shares from the Windows Firewall Rules in Windows 10.Can anyone help me on this?ThanksMuja...
  4. BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. internet access blocked, says antivirus or firewall is blocking it although it never...

internet access blocked, says antivirus or firewall is blocking it although it never...: Hi I have a problem with my internet access, had this laptop for a couple of months now and it pops up all of a sudden, it has never happened before and I have a couple of assignments to hand up so pls help me if you have any suggestions. My problem persists in saying my...
  6. LAN only SMB 1.0/CIFS ok?

LAN only SMB 1.0/CIFS ok?: Hi,I'm working on a old 3rd party app installed on a Win10 Pro machine that requires SMB 1.0/CIFS aka simply "SMB" in this thread to read data from a USB stick in a router. If I enable SMB in Win10, but don't open SMB ports on the router to access the WAN, is the Win10 Pro PC...
  7. ACCESS DENIED – Constrained delegation for CIFS fails

in Windows 10 News
    ACCESS DENIED – Constrained delegation for CIFS fails: [ATTACH]While accessing a service that uses network shares on a middle-tier server, users are prompted for credentials, and they eventually encounter an access denied error. […] This post ACCESS DENIED – Constrained delegation for CIFS fails is from TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. Question about disabling SMB 1.0/CIFS Client!

Question about disabling SMB 1.0/CIFS Client!: Hello, I have 4 computers on my home network. And I know it is very important to disable SMBv1 on Windows. So I disabled SMB 1.0/CIFS Server which does not cause any issues but if I also disable SMB 1.0/CIFS Client it stops my computers from showing in the network folder....
  9. Private Firewall settings blocking RDP access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Private Firewall settings blocking RDP access: Hi all, Cant seem to have both Firewall Private network settings and RDP working together. Here's my setup. Note it works fine when I have the firewall as in the image,, but once I swtich to 'Turn On Windows Defender Firewall in Private Network settings, RDP gets blocked....
  10. Windows firewall blocking everything that accesses internet.

Windows firewall blocking everything that accesses internet.: I've gotten a reoccuring error that pops up ever since I updated my laptop. Whenever I open up something that uses internet (mostly just Chrome tbh), it gives me the message 'Windows Firewall has blocked access' or something like that. I always hit allow access, but it comes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall cifs

2. windows 10 firewall blocking samba

3. windows firewall blocks smb

4. windows firewall blocking smb,
  5. windows firewall block cifs