Windows 10: Firewall clashing with File sharing settings?

Discus and support Firewall clashing with File sharing settings? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There was an old thread over a year ago about this which explains how changing the settings on the built in firewall will affect file sharing and vice... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by benedict, Nov 27, 2016.

1. benedict Win User

Firewall clashing with File sharing settings?

benedict, Nov 27, 2016
  2. AnonAAA Win User

Windows firewall settings clash with windows sharing setting - cannot switch both off

There doesn't seem to be a discussion/solution that explains this problem yet in the forum. I found out that the windows firewall on/off setting clashes with the advanced sharing settings (under network and sharing center). There doesn't seem to be a discussion/solution
    that explains this problem and how to fix it yet on this forum.

There is a problem with turning the windows firewall off and turning sharing off at the same time. I am running another firewall program and do not need windows firewall to be running at the same time.

- Switching the firewall off will automatically switch network discovery and file/printer sharing on.

- Switching network discovery/file sharing off will automatically turn the windows firewall on.

Manually disabling the windows firewall service as described in this
    threa
    d breaks directory permissions for non-admin users which causes applications to fail to run. It also causes some installations/updates to fail to run.

Its not an caused by corrupt files or virus/malware. I've clean installed Win10 several times to work on the issue.

So how do I fix the problem?

AnonAAA, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Mail syncing problems- clashing with firewall?

Hello Katiepeal,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced.

You shouldn't turn off Windows Firewall unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers. However, I see you telling the problem
    is appearing with the firewall settings. To turn Windows Firewall on or off:

• In Search, type firewall, and then select
      Windows Firewall.

• Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.

If the Mail app works correctly after disabling the firewall, then check with the settings. Click on
    Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall on the left pane under
    Windows Firewall settings page. Then click
    Change settings and see whether Mail app is allowed.
    If not, try to make changes accordingly.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

Firewall clashing with File sharing settings?

1. Firewall clashing with File sharing settings? - Similar Threads - Firewall clashing File

2. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  3. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  4. Sharing Network folders and printers interfere with normal firewall settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Network folders and printers interfere with normal firewall settings: Hello,Has soon I activate the sharing in Public / Private / All Networks normal sharing the firewall gets deactivated => Public and Private.But it seems that the private mode is activated for no reasons known from mee.. And I am receiving the notification of the...
  5. Sharing Network folders and printers interfere with normal firewall settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing Network folders and printers interfere with normal firewall settings: Hello,Has soon I activate the sharing in Public / Private / All Networks normal sharing the firewall gets deactivated => Public and Private.But it seems that the private mode is activated for no reasons known from mee.. And I am receiving the notification of the...
  6. Applications clash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications clash: Dear Sir: My name is Charnchai. I just bought a brand new Surface Laptop 3. Whenever I open an attachments from Outlook mail, office documents from Line chat or Wechat, including internet link to Youtube etc, it clashed Microsoft Edge and office apps. I means it could not...
  7. firewall settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  8. Network Shares blocked by firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Shares blocked by firewall: Hello, I am currently having issues with Windows firewall on one machine blocking other computers access to its File shares. I believe it is the firewall because if I turn it off on the affected computer, I can access it's shares without issue From any computer in the...
  9. Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings: Hello. I'm running the latest Windows 10. At the moment I'm running windows firewall. One of the reasons I'm using windows firewall is because in the advanced sharing settings, network discovery and file and printer sharing is turned off in private, guest and public, and all...
  10. Printers clash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printers clash: I have two printers, a Brother label printer and an Epson general office printer/scanner, connected to my desktop computer by USB. Until recently, there was no problem, but suddenly they started to clash. If printer A has been used, printer B will not work unless I turn...