Windows 10: First Attempt - Disaster - Log On Screen Flashes On & Off

Discus and support First Attempt - Disaster - Log On Screen Flashes On & Off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well I just let my Win 8.1 upgrade to 10 Pro and it was a disaster. I could only get in Safe Mode as regular flashed on and off constantly and that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ex_Brit, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

First Attempt - Disaster - Log On Screen Flashes On & Off

Well I just let my Win 8.1 upgrade to 10 Pro and it was a disaster. I could only get in Safe Mode as regular flashed on and off constantly and that was with pre-installed Win 10 drivers for graphics....so fortunately it has a reverse gear, so to speak (Advanced Recovery Options) and I returned to 8.1 in just a few minutes.

:)

Ex_Brit, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 start screen shuts down when user attempts to sign off.

Windows 10 start screen shuts down when user attempts to sign off.

Just to clear things up further. When I open the start menu in the bottom left hand corner and click on the current user at the top left, to log off, the screen flashes briefly, then the start screen closes. Does this continuously. Did not do this for the
    first day after Windows 10 was installed. Started on the second day.

EdBrosowsky, Jul 29, 2015
  3. 2xmom Win User
    I set-up an account for my son on windows 10. when he attempts to sign-on the screen flashes welcome and then it signs him off "signing-off" appears.

I set-up an account for my son on windows 10. when he attempts to sign-on the screen flashes welcome and then it signs him off "signing-off" appears.

Original Title: child log-on

2xmom, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Ex_Brit Win User

4th attempt successful....lesson learned. remove Windows 8.1 customizations first

Ex_Brit, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Windowz10 Win User
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by customizations?

Not an exhaustive list, but something to give us a feel for what exactly you mean.

Windowz10, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    For me:

I uninstalled Classic Shell on one, Start8 on another.
    Turned UAC back on.

Note that both Win 8.1 systems I updated I did from a Local account, not a MS account.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Ex_Brit Win User
    Start 8, Win 8.1 Aeroglass hack etc.

Ex_Brit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. First Attempt - Disaster - Log On Screen Flashes On & Off - Similar Threads - Attempt Disaster Log

2. Log in screen flashing black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in screen flashing black randomly: Sometimes when the pc starts or restarts and gets to the pin log in screen the whole screen flashes black and then comes back sometimes once other times more not everytime thoOnce I log in it never happens its just on that screen is this something I should be worried about...
  3. Log in screen flashing black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in screen flashing black randomly: Sometimes when the pc starts or restarts and gets to the pin log in screen the whole screen flashes black and then comes back sometimes once other times more not everytime thoOnce I log in it never happens its just on that screen is this something I should be worried about...
  4. Log in screen flashing black randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flashing log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashing log in screen: Please help. I tried to turn on my Windows laptop today and the login screen is continually flashing with a buffer icon. I am unable to do anything. I can't open Task Manager or restart it. I have the latest versions of all software installed....
  6. Flashing log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flashing log in screen: Please help. I tried to turn on my Windows laptop today and the login screen is continually flashing with a buffer icon. I am unable to do anything. I can't open Task Manager or restart it. I have the latest versions of all software installed....
  7. Screen flashes on first start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flashes on first start: Hi. I have an HP ENVY 13-aq1013dx. Windows 10 2004. When I turn on my computer and move my mouse to the left bottom search box the screen goes off, when I move the mouse again, the screen goes on again, the more I move the mouse, the more screen goes off. A fix would be a...
  8. flashing blue screen on log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flashing blue screen on log in: hey so I've searched all over the internet for a solution and yet to find it, the problem is that every time i power on the pc and log in the entire screen is flickering in a blue screen and the only way to stop it is to do a forced shutdownholding down the power button and...
  9. Flashing log on screen

Flashing log on screen: Hi I have had issues with a flashing log on screen on my Win10 2004 reinstalled Win10 last week from scratch to see if that helps but it hasn't. The screen is connected via either DVI-D or D SUB cables. I was using the built in graphics but decided to go for a dedicated...
  10. Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in

Screen flickering/flashing on/off when second user logs in: Since a few weeks, if I log in to my PC after my kids have played on the PC, the screen starts flashing on/off after logging in to my account. It seems that this is only the case when they are still logged in (in the background). The logon screen is normal, it starts flashing...