Windows 10: First boot after monthly updates unresponsive

Discus and support First boot after monthly updates unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey All. Wonder if anyone could suggest a way to analyze (to understand why this is like that) the following problem my computer has been having for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LightlySparklin, May 12, 2018.

1. First boot after monthly updates unresponsive

Hey All.

Wonder if anyone could suggest a way to analyze (to understand why this is like that) the following problem my computer has been having for few months now:

After monthly updates, on first boot and on first boot only, after I login, Windows is unresponsive. If I do reset / power off or Alt-F4 -> enter on desktop (have to wait long time for this to actually happen) then next boot everything seems fine.

Last time it happened, I managed to open Task Manager; it took a very long time to start. CPU utilization was showing 98-100% - and I couldn't get any more info than that. Sorting by CPU % or going in Details tab or Performance just hanged TM. I didn't have ‘show kernel times’ enabled at that time, so no way I could’ve seen if this is caused by system process anyways. Disk / Network / GPU / Memory didn't show anything unusual, only CPU utilization was high.

I obviously can't make this happen at will. It's more or less monthly thing, which makes it difficult to analyze.

So, here's the thing. I would like to find out why this is happening or in other words, come next Black Tuesday, I'd like to be prepared.

Suggestions?

(edit: sorry for grammar - tried obvious typos fist, but now feel to lazy to edit futher.)

:)

LightlySparklin, May 12, 2018
Thema:

First boot after monthly updates unresponsive

1. First boot after monthly updates unresponsive - Similar Threads - boot monthly updates

2. PC unresponsive after Boot-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC unresponsive after Boot-up: Hi there,my Pc now ist randomly unresponsive right after Startup. It Boots up fine but as soon as its up none of the Apps launch automaticly or when promted, my Wallpaper Engine won't start, my Taskbar app won't start. As soon as I click the Taskbar it either doesn't respond...
  3. PC unresponsive after Boot-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unresponsive after Boot-up: Hi there,my Pc now ist randomly unresponsive right after Startup. It Boots up fine but as soon as its up none of the Apps launch automaticly or when promted, my Wallpaper Engine won't start, my Taskbar app won't start. As soon as I click the Taskbar it either doesn't respond...
  4. PC unresponsive after Boot-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor unresponsive on first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor unresponsive on first boot: When I boot my PC for the first time of the day, a majority of times my keyboard, monitor, and mouse are unresponsive and i have to restart my tower 1-3 times then they will work and I can login. Is something not plugged in all the way causing this issue? It’s not a huge...
  6. Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor unresponsive on first boot

Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor unresponsive on first boot: When I boot my PC for the first time of the day, a majority of times my keyboard, monitor, and mouse are unresponsive and i have to restart my tower 1-3 times then they will work and I can login. Is something not plugged in all the way causing this issue? It’s not a huge...
  7. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months: Hi. I'm turning on my Win 10 Desktop PC for the first time for 18 months.It cannot be easily networked just at the moment but I need to log into it.I was expected a password which I know but am being asked for a PIN which I don't.Is there a way to reveal my PIN on another...
  8. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after boot: Hi all, Windows boot to my user login page but the keyboard and mouse do not work. Unplugged and back, no luck. They do work on bios. Legacy usb is enabled. In advanced repair mode (where you end up if you power on and off 3 times...) both work. In safe mode not....
  9. Unresponsiveness After Update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsiveness After Update?: This has been happening for a few days now: I believe after I've installed the April 2019 update for Windows 10, there are times where my computer will become unresponsive the first time I boot it up. By that, I mean it doesn't freeze up or anything, but whenever I click on...
  10. Cortana unresponsive after restart/boot

Cortana unresponsive after restart/boot: After a restart, and occasionally after SLEEP, Cortana will not respond to voice commands. (Text is okay.) Try again and all is well. This has been a continuing problem on two computers, one running HOME and the other PRO 1607, that was evident in earlier builds. The...