Windows 10: First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer"

Discus and support First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just had the very first BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer". *Sad I was playing "Heroes and Generals", a which is a webbased game, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marcosdipaolo, Jun 28, 2016.

1. First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer"

I just had the very first BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer". *Sad
    I was playing "Heroes and Generals", a which is a webbased game, using Chrome. No other app, just Chrome with Whatsappweb, Facebook and Google Calendar.
    Here i send the Zip generated by the DM log collector.

:)

marcosdipaolo, Jun 28, 2016

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Jun 28, 2016
  3. BSOD "Reference By Pointer" - Minidump File

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, can you provide us the specification of the computer?

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. If you recently added new hardware to your PC, shut down your PC, unplug the new hardware, and then restart your PC. Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date.
    In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select
    Windows Update
    . On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 28, 2016
  4. First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer"

I will debug this and attempt to find an answer.

---------------------------------------

Okay, first of all: Your PC has almost been on 11 and a half days. You should reboot your PC once in a while to prevent/fix problems like memory leakage.

Okay so the error you encountered when you PC crashed was WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT, am I wrong? Probably not.

Since it's a WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT, we can assume it's a software issue. I will look further into the file because there is no obvious file shown other than hng.exe, which is Heros and Generals itself.

TeenTechie, Jun 28, 2016
  5. derekimo Win User
    You need to get rid of all the pirated software first.

Rules

derekimo, Jun 28, 2016
  6. Nop, it was a "Reference by pointer"

7. Oh. When I debugged the .dmp file that's the reason I found.

TeenTechie, Jun 28, 2016
  8. First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer"

mmm, weird, the reason i'm telling you is the one i saw in the BSOD

9. derekimo Win User
    They are both in there,

Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER (18)Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference count is being lowered Arg2: ffffe0018bd67060, Object whose reference count is being lowered Arg3: 0000000000000002, Reserved Arg4: ffffffffffffffff, Reserved The reference count of an object is illegal for the current state of the object. Each time a driver uses a pointer to an object the driver calls a kernel routine to increment the reference count of the object. When the driver is done with the pointer the driver calls another kernel routine to decrement the reference count. Drivers must match calls to the increment and decrement routines. This bugcheck can occur because an object's reference count goes to zero while there are still open handles to the object, in which case the fourth parameter indicates the number of opened handles. It may also occur when the object’s reference count drops below zero whether or not there are open handles to the object, and in that case the fourth parameter contains the actual value of the pointer references count. Debugging Details:[/quote] Code: CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: 0x18 PROCESS_NAME: hng.exe[/quote] And I repeat,

Rules

derekimo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer"

1. First BSOD ever in Win10 x64. "Reference by pointer" - Similar Threads - BSOD ever Win10

2. BSOD REFERENCE BY POINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD REFERENCE BY POINTER: Hello, I am experiencing a BSOD with the error REFERENCE BY POINTER. I have installed newest Win10 version and I have checked memory and disk drive for issues, with no result, Also I have updated drivers and BIOS. BSOD keeps up appearing again and again. What else could I do?...
  3. BSOD Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Reference by Pointer: Hello, I've been having a recent issue of my computer automatically getting a BSOD Reference by Pointer after being on for a while. I'm not sure how to proceed forward. Is there anything I need to download or check?...
  4. BSOD Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Reference by Pointer: Hello, I've been having a recent issue of my computer automatically getting a BSOD Reference by Pointer after being on for a while. I'm not sure how to proceed forward. Is there anything I need to download or check?...
  5. Reference by pointer BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reference by pointer BSOD: I had a multiple Reference by pointer BSODs. Today, it happened to me for more than 5 times, The Error usually occurs after 20-40 minutes. And here are the things I did to try to fix the problem > DISM Command, Chkdsk, Sfc /Scannow, Updating outdated drivers, restarting,...
  6. BSOD Reference Pointer

BSOD Reference Pointer: So recently I've had the BSOD appear about 8 times over the past 12 hours or so and after reading through many other posts I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the crashes, and things like the event viewer didn't shed much light on the issue, what's more confusing is that...
  7. BSOD Reference Pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Reference Pointer: So recently I've had the BSOD appear about 8 times over the past 12 hours or so and after reading through many other posts I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the crashes, and things like the event viewer didn't shed much light on the issue, what's more confusing is that...
  8. BSOD - Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Reference by pointer: I am consistently getting the BSOD with the stop code `REFERENCE_BY_POINTER`. My laptop seems to crash while using various applications. This was happening before a recent MS update but has persisted since. It tends to happen within 5-10 minutes of the laptop starting but...
  9. BSOD Reference by Pointer

BSOD Reference by Pointer: I am consistently getting some BSOD with the stop code in the title. Matters got worst in the last few days, with the crash happening ~30 minutes after turning the laptop on.Here's the most recent minidump file, analyzed with...
  10. BSOD reference by pointer

BSOD reference by pointer: Hello, I have started getting this BSOD quite frequently over the last few days. I googled the issue and tried some of the suggested fixes but as yet it has not stopped. Is there a way to figure out what exactly is causing the problem?thanks in advance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 bsod reference_by_pointer