Windows 10: First install - Windows failed to start

Discus and support First install - Windows failed to start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have just finshed building a PC and I ran into trouble while trying to install Windows. I bought a BOX version of Windows 10 which came on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dyzio, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Dyzio Win User

First install - Windows failed to start

Hello,

I have just finshed building a PC and I ran into trouble while trying to install Windows.

I bought a BOX version of Windows 10 which came on a USB stick.

I changed the boot order in BIOS,
    I go to the Windows Boot Manager screen,
    I choose "Windows 10 64 bit setup".
    It's "loading files", after that I see the Windows logo for a brief moment and then the error pops up.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys

Info: The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors

When I try to install the 32 bit version, a different error pops up:

File: \Windows\System32\boot\winload.efi

Info: The operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors

My specs:
    MB: MSI Z370 Tomahawk
    i7-8700 3.20Ghz
    Gigabyte GTX 1080
    16GB GoodRam IRD X 3000mhz
    PSU: Gigabyte B700H 700w
    1TB HDD Toshiba

I have tried every USB port to no avail.

Tomorrow I will try to install this Windows on a different PC to see if it's a faulty USB stick.

I would appreciate your help. Do you guys have any idea what could cause this problem or what should I do?

:)

Dyzio, Jul 28, 2018
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 28, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 28, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. First install - Windows failed to start - Similar Threads - install failed start

2. Windows does not start on first try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not start on first try: Hi, I bought a new laptop and after I re-installed windows, now the laptop does not boot properly on first try.The laptop came with windows 11 but it does it both with 10 and 11, it's not a problem related to the OS.I made a video about...
  3. Windows does not start on first try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not start on first try: Hi, I bought a new laptop and after I re-installed windows, now the laptop does not boot properly on first try.The laptop came with windows 11 but it does it both with 10 and 11, it's not a problem related to the OS.I made a video about...
  4. Windows 7 install stuck after first restart on "starting windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 install stuck after first restart on "starting windows": Hello! I will start off by providing my hardware:Intel Celeron N4020 1.1ghzIntel UHD 600 Graphics8GB DDR4 RAMWDC PC SN530 NVME 256GB SSDIve recently tried to dualboot windows 11 and windows 7, however after attempting to do so via burning the iso to my usb, i get stuck at the...
  5. Windows 7 install stuck after first restart on "starting windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 install stuck after first restart on "starting windows": Hello! I will start off by providing my hardware:Intel Celeron N4020 1.1ghzIntel UHD 600 Graphics8GB DDR4 RAMWDC PC SN530 NVME 256GB SSDIve recently tried to dualboot windows 11 and windows 7, however after attempting to do so via burning the iso to my usb, i get stuck at the...
  6. Windows Media Creation Tool first starts install on USB, fails and then USB is not recognized

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Media Creation Tool first starts install on USB, fails and then USB is not recognized: Dear community, my computer is not working anymore and I need to create a USB as recovery drive. I inserted my 32GB USB drive and the first time it was recognized by the Windows Media Creation Tool. I then installed around 50% of Windows on the stick until it failed with...
  7. Failing to boot first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Failing to boot first time: My Mum's sent me a video of her Windows 10 PC booting and what appears to happen is the first time it loads the blue recovery screen which says "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" and then she clicks on the left button and it boots fine or sometimes after she types...
  8. Windows fails to start first time, hard power off, then it starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows fails to start first time, hard power off, then it starts: More and more frequently - now almost every time - when I start my HP Pavilion Desktopp7-1040uk it doesn't start properly. It looks as though something is happening on the screen but it seems to give up and the screen remains blank. I have no alternative but to push the power...
  9. Windows 10 installation has failed right before the first shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation has failed right before the first shutdown: Hi, yesterday I downloaded the windows 10 installation on my old windows 7 ultimate 64bit computer. - with 200~ gb free out of 500~ gb on C:\\ - with 0~ gb free out of 500~ gb on D:\\ - and have the latest update - using the Hebrew language on my windows 7 but most of the...
  10. MATLAB installer fails to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MATLAB installer fails to start: I have Windows 10 Education (x64) and I have tried to install both R2018b and R2010a of MATLAB, it unzips the files in a temp folder, runs the C++ Redistributable, pops startup screen and then it vanishes in seconds. Thanks in advance....