Windows 10: First major Macrium Reflect issue can't backup D drive.

Discus and support First major Macrium Reflect issue can't backup D drive. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a 1TB internal D drive that has certain files on it and Macrium Reflect Home refused to back it up. I can image the C: drive no problem but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by reddice, Mar 21, 2018.

1. reddice Win User

First major Macrium Reflect issue can't backup D drive.

I have a 1TB internal D drive that has certain files on it and Macrium Reflect Home refused to back it up. I can image the C: drive no problem but the secondary d: drive I want to image and all I keep getting is "The destination path is included in the image" and I can't proceed anymore. Marcrium will create the folder but won't go any further.

I did try to Google the problem which was a waste of time as the stupid search engine kept taking about the word "image" really dumb stupid search engine.

:)

reddice, Mar 21, 2018
  2. RonBarker Win User

full backup of Windows 10 to restore entire image

PV you can make a system image with Macrium reflect. But what I do is use Macrium Reflect to backup then use the Windows 7 backup as per Andre, to make a system image just in case I need it. Both on external hard drive.

RonBarker, Mar 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 apps and data backup

Yes, if you want to do a Clean Install of Windows you will need to re-install all the Apps. When apps are installed they write to the Registry which can't be written to with success from the backups.

If you wanted to make a restorable system image use Macrium Reflect - Free. Though that can't be used to add the programs to a Clean Install. only a full replacement for them.

How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 21, 2018
  4. Word Man Win User

Where are you trying to send the image of D: to? It sounds like either you already have the destination checked off to be imaged and it needs somewhere else to send the image to. Can you post screen shot of initial imaging setup screen from Macrium, showing drives included in image?

Word Man, Mar 21, 2018
  5. reddice Win User
    What I want to do is just backup my D drive to a external drive like I did with SyncBack because SyncBack is slow as molasses with small files. I can have 4 3TB files backup quicker maybe 10 minutes in that program then lets say 4000 20kb files which can take over a hour just to back those up.

So on my D drive I want to backup my program installations, games folder, but not my temp files folder or my cloud folder as they are backed up online already. Then I also want to backup any changes. Anything to get rid of SyncBack which is too slow.

reddice, Mar 21, 2018
  6. Word Man Win User
    Well, the error message seems to say you're trying to send an image of something to itself. Please show a screenshot from Macrium as I requested earlier or at least a screenshot of your Disk Management display with columns showing all info and graphics of all connected disks visible.

For instance, if you have D: drive checked as to be included in the image (drives/partitions to back up) and the destination is set to be a folder on D: drive, that ain't gonna work.

If you started the backup using the option highlighted below:

First major Macrium Reflect issue can't backup D drive. [​IMG]

then make sure you've unchecked the drive that you want to send the image to before trying to start the backup.

Word Man, Mar 21, 2018
  7. reddice Win User
    Nevermind I figured it out. I had to do a Files and Folder Backup.

reddice, Mar 21, 2018
  8. First major Macrium Reflect issue can't backup D drive.

What was this about ? Maybe Imaging to a target disk from the same disk isn't allowed ???? YEP

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. First major Macrium Reflect issue can't backup D drive. - Similar Threads - major Macrium Reflect

2. Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?: I replaced my hard drive, same size. So I cloned it. Can I do a differential backup based on a full image of the original drive using the clone? Using Macrium Reflect Free Edition as my backup software. 181683
  3. Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive

Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive: My laptop, which is essentially a portable version of my desktop, has one physical drive partitioned into System and Data partitions. The Data partition is sync'd with my laptop so, if it were to be lost, it could be readily, though slowly, recovered. I use Reflect to create...
  4. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  5. Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive: I want to add a SSD Drive SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE256BW to my computer. I have done a system image of my WD drive,will I be able to install the image to the SSD drive? The WD drive has a partition on it that is...
  6. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  7. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  8. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?: I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File: I think I understand the idea behind the Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File. It saves backup settings so you don’t need to re-enter them. What I don’t get is how it’s supposed to be used over time. Right now I create a new one every time I do a full backup and then use it...