Windows 10: First post. New user Win10 - Old hand Windows generally. Some thoughts

Discus and support First post. New user Win10 - Old hand Windows generally. Some thoughts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All. Great forum. I have only just come from XP. Stuck with it till the bitter end. In fact, still boot into XP because I haven't set up all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buz, Aug 29, 2018.

1. BUZ
    buz Win User

First post. New user Win10 - Old hand Windows generally. Some thoughts

Hi All. Great forum.
    I have only just come from XP. Stuck with it till the bitter end. In fact, still boot into XP because I haven't set up all the progs I use in the win10 install yet, while still working out how it flys.
    My hesitance was that it seemed Win was going mac. Kinda dumbed down ui. Huge windows of wasted screen for simplistic settings, with a couple of basic buttons.
    I've thrashed Run as a workaround to get under the bonnet faster and am getting there... sort of.
    The things I don't like -
    I have searched for fixes, to find this os is just not as easily tweakable it seems, esp since creators update. Some great tutes and tips on this site have been amended to say this no longer works for win 10. And it doesn't like keeping your changes.
    Hope you all will be able to help me through this difficult stage of my compu life. *Redface So thanks in advance.
    Cheers

:)

2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 29, 2018
  4. First post. New user Win10 - Old hand Windows generally. Some thoughts

Windows 10 new istallation wrong user name for user folder

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps

To do so, please follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and click
      Ok.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions. Check if the issue persists in the new user account.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

First post. New user Win10 - Old hand Windows generally. Some thoughts

1. First post. New user Win10 - Old hand Windows generally. Some thoughts - Similar Threads - post user Win10

2. New Motherboard, old User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Motherboard, old User: My old Motherboard broke, i recently got a new one and added another boot up drive, turning my original one into storage, i wanted to keep my original User as it contains my passwords and my Windows 10 License, but i don;t know how.Is there a way to regain my original User??...
  3. New Motherboard, old User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Motherboard, old User: My old Motherboard broke, i recently got a new one and added another boot up drive, turning my original one into storage, i wanted to keep my original User as it contains my passwords and my Windows 10 License, but i don;t know how.Is there a way to regain my original User??...
  4. New Motherboard, old User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. first time post

in Windows 10 Support
    first time post: Version 2004 Build 19041.508 165818
  6. First Post to This Forum

in Windows 10 Support
    First Post to This Forum: Am a newbie and this is my first post to this forum. I think I have set things up correctly but wonder about receiving replies Would someone please reply to this post so I can check whether or not that feature works. Thank you a lot. 132204
  7. old post

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    old post: How do you delete an old post that you nolonger need answering? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-post/8bee2b18-42f2-4a1f-a80a-e2dd5f4477fb
  8. Thoughts on win10 customisation options?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thoughts on win10 customisation options?: I distinctly remember being able to alter not just the sound scheme, cursors, and background on my earlier windows systems (Win98SE in this case) but also the fonts, default icons and border/window colours. Think M$ should get their head out of their proverbial behinds and...
  9. New thought on stubborn Win10 USB problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New thought on stubborn Win10 USB problems: After months of problems with external USB drives not mounting and not being able to use my card readers, either internal or external, I took my rig in to a shop. They gave me the usual okey doke about missing a driver. Well, they fixed the external drive mounting issue:...
  10. First Post

in Windows 10 News
    First Post: Hello here