Windows 10: First time log in issue, can't enter password

Discus and support First time log in issue, can't enter password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated from Windows 7 to 10 overnight and after getting home from work tried to log in for the first time but have had no luck. On the log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaysus86, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Jaysus86 Win User

First time log in issue, can't enter password

I updated from Windows 7 to 10 overnight and after getting home from work tried to log in for the first time but have had no luck.

On the log in screen, I am unable to select or type in the password field and the options in the bottom right are also unavailable. I can switch wifi on or off however using my laptop's in built keyboard. Instead the screen just alternates between the 'cave' screen with the time and date and a blue screen with my username and the 'spinning dots'.

What are my options to try and fix this? I believe creating a usb version of the OS using my flat mates PC might be possible and then boot from this but would that wipe everything currently on my PC? Is there any way to repair the installation? I've Googled to see if I can enter safe mode but I believe this is only possible once you are successfully logged in initially.

Thanks in advance

:)

Jaysus86, Sep 2, 2015
  2. JustinW89 Win User

Windows asked me to reset the password when everything is fine

Hi, my laptop has Windows 10 OS, earlier today I turned it on, as usual, few seconds later, I had to enter my password to log in as the administrator.

It was weird to me that this time, as I entered my password, I couldn't log in to desktop, instead a window popped up, and the system asked me to reset my admin password (with the 4-digit sign-in verification code at the bottom of that window). I thought
    that I entered the incorrect password at first, so I cancelled that "reset your password" window and tried to enter my original password again, I successfully logged in.

However, it is still quite suspicious to me, have you guys had the same issues before? The "reset your password" window automatically pops up after you have entered your admin password to log in to desktop? It is quite random.

JustinW89, Sep 2, 2015
  3. RANerudia Win User
    Microsoft Store asking to re-enter my password

Many thanks for the reply E.

But none of those 3 solutions worked on my PC.

I can certainly see that the Microsoft Store App is now a new app and i've logged into it for the first time again so was hopeful, but exactly the same issue

After the first entering of the password, it says "please wait" and then "Just a moment" both with the blue dot circle spinning but nothing but a "Please re-enter you password for Microsoft Store" box keep appearing.

Still no error messages

RANerudia, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

First time log in issue, can't enter password

1. First time log in issue, can't enter password - Similar Threads - log issue can't

2. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  3. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  4. First time issue on Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First time issue on Store: This is the first time im having error on my Windows 10 PC. All is working and updates are good on my device, running smooth however today I cant open Store. I got this error code 0x80131500. Someone help me with this....
  5. First time issue on Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First time issue on Store: This is the first time im having error on my Windows 10 PC. All is working and updates are good on my device, running smooth however today I cant open Store. I got this error code 0x80131500. Someone help me with this....
  6. First time issue on Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Password is always wrong first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password is always wrong first time: Every time I boot up my Windows 10 partition, and enter my password, it always says incorrect. This is no exaggeration, EVERY TIME on the first attempt. I even test it, trying to be very very careful, making sure I put in the exact correct password slowly, I'm totally sure I...
  8. Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password: Recently I have started receiving a message about entering an incorrect password and having to put A1B2C3 before trying again, but I never tried to put a password in to begin with. My computer will 'sleep' and then the message of "too many incorrect tries" appears, Does this...
  9. Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p: Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc, I Just can’t type anything in the white box that say PASSWORD or PIN If I leave it a few minutes till the login box disappears and reappears I can enter my Pin and Password no problems or is I...
  10. Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc: Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc I Just can’t type anything in the white box that say PASSWORD or PIN If I leave it a few minutes till the login box disappears and reappears. I can enter my Pin and Password no problems or is I...