Windows 10: First time log in issue, can't enter password

Discus and support First time log in issue, can't enter password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated from Windows 7 to 10 overnight and after getting home from work tried to log in for the first time but have had no luck. On the log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaysus86, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Jaysus86 Win User

First time log in issue, can't enter password

I updated from Windows 7 to 10 overnight and after getting home from work tried to log in for the first time but have had no luck.

On the log in screen, I am unable to select or type in the password field and the options in the bottom right are also unavailable. I can switch wifi on or off however using my laptop's in built keyboard. Instead the screen just alternates between the 'cave' screen with the time and date and a blue screen with my username and the 'spinning dots'.

What are my options to try and fix this? I believe creating a usb version of the OS using my flat mates PC might be possible and then boot from this but would that wipe everything currently on my PC? Is there any way to repair the installation? I've Googled to see if I can enter safe mode but I believe this is only possible once you are successfully logged in initially.

Thanks in advance

:)

Jaysus86, Sep 2, 2015
  2. JustinW89 Win User

Windows asked me to reset the password when everything is fine

Hi, my laptop has Windows 10 OS, earlier today I turned it on, as usual, few seconds later, I had to enter my password to log in as the administrator.

It was weird to me that this time, as I entered my password, I couldn't log in to desktop, instead a window popped up, and the system asked me to reset my admin password (with the 4-digit sign-in verification code at the bottom of that window). I thought
    that I entered the incorrect password at first, so I cancelled that "reset your password" window and tried to enter my original password again, I successfully logged in.

However, it is still quite suspicious to me, have you guys had the same issues before? The "reset your password" window automatically pops up after you have entered your admin password to log in to desktop? It is quite random.

JustinW89, Sep 2, 2015
  3. RANerudia Win User
    Microsoft Store asking to re-enter my password

Many thanks for the reply E.

But none of those 3 solutions worked on my PC.

I can certainly see that the Microsoft Store App is now a new app and i've logged into it for the first time again so was hopeful, but exactly the same issue

After the first entering of the password, it says "please wait" and then "Just a moment" both with the blue dot circle spinning but nothing but a "Please re-enter you password for Microsoft Store" box keep appearing.

Still no error messages

RANerudia, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

First time log in issue, can't enter password

1. First time log in issue, can't enter password - Similar Threads - log issue can't

2. No password entering screen appears at log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password entering screen appears at log in screen: Whenever i switches on my everything works fine but at last there is only screen with wallpaper and four option at bottom right corner ...like power button, ease of access, etc .. i even tried safe mode with network prompt where i used my original Microsoft but it shows...
  3. "You can log in to this account without entering a password"

"You can log in to this account without entering a password": On December 7, 2018, after I upgraded to version 1803 on Windows 10 Professional (OS build 17134.472), this phrase pops up on the Welcome Screen even though there is a password box: "You can log in to this account without entering a password." All you have to do is click...
  4. Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p

Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on p: Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc, I Just can’t type anything in the white box that say PASSWORD or PIN If I leave it a few minutes till the login box disappears and reappears I can enter my Pin and Password no problems or is I...
  5. Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc: Can't enter pin or password the first time I try to log into Windows 10 on pc I Just can’t type anything in the white box that say PASSWORD or PIN If I leave it a few minutes till the login box disappears and reappears. I can enter my Pin and Password no problems or is I...
  6. won't let me enter password on first startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    won't let me enter password on first startup: After pressing the start button when the fist window appears I used to click the spacebar and then I could enter my password. Not anymore since the last update a few days ago. Now I have to shut down , start again and then I can enter the password....
  7. password to enter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password to enter: Old password will not work and allow me to login at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-enter/2a701d3b-e461-4447-aacd-80d95851da0a"
  8. Entering Router password every time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entering Router password every time: On both a leveno and acer aspire I have to find the router in "available networks" and then sign onto the router before it will connect to the wireless internet every time my computer sleeps or restarts. This just started this past week. Any way to get it to connect...
  9. Picture password not showing, can't log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Picture password not showing, can't log in.: First time posting, long time reader. Long story short, I clean-installed W10 on my aunt's laptop about a year ago. Two weeks ago her daughter borrowed the computer and after that she could no longer log in, because the picture password option disappeared, and she doesn't...
  10. Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time: Hello, Our computers are running Windows 10 with Server domain, but we have a problem. Each first login takes long time to login and some time it gets stuck on the welcome screen when too many teachers logged on the machine. I had contacted an admin about it and they said...