Windows 10: First Windows 10 Adopters No Longer Allowed to Downgrade to Windows...

Discus and support First Windows 10 Adopters No Longer Allowed to Downgrade to Windows... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released Windows 10 on July 29, and at that time, the company clearly specified that all those who wanted to downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

First Windows 10 Adopters No Longer Allowed to Downgrade to Windows...

Source

labeeman, Aug 31, 2015

2. The article title is misleading IMHO. Rollback won't work after 30 days, but that doesn't mean you can't go back if you want to. Your still allowed to revert to your previous OS.

:)

alphanumeric, Aug 31, 2015
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10.

OK, here are the two files and again, the hardware has Not changed with Windows 7, but the problem occurs with Windows 8 and I downgraded back to 7, and then upgraded as part of Early Adopter (Windows 10 Insider) to current 10.

http://1drv.ms/1W850zN

BrianDSESQ, Aug 31, 2015
  4. First Windows 10 Adopters No Longer Allowed to Downgrade to Windows...

windows 10 fall creators update - continual no responsiveness

There seems to be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10, if you can, I recommend you downgrade to your previous version until the Fall Creators Update matures with future cumulative updates.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Rocky Win User
    Of course you are still able to go back to your original OS labeeman, what gave you the idea that you can't?

Rocky, Aug 31, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Assuming that you made a backup image you can go back anytime you like. The article in the OP is a bit misleading.

BunnyJ, Aug 31, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    Actually you could use a back up image or an ISO. I still have ISOs laying around for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

Rocky, Aug 31, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

That would be the best way to go, IMO. Noting like a clean start with an OS. Yes, you'll have to reinstall apps/programs but it's worth the effort in the long run.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 31, 2015
  9. To be fair, I think labeeman just clipped and pasted the article title in as the thread title. I probably should have said "The article title is misleading". Actually I think I'll go fix it.

10. Gary Win User
    The Above is from Microsoft so maybe the OP is correct.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-faq

11. labeeman Win User
    Yep I copied and pasted the title but the forum does not have enough space for the whole title.

labeeman, Aug 31, 2015
  12. That's just a quick, not very detailed question and answer. I still say it refers to the rollback feature, which won't work after 30 days. You can still reinstall your previous OS. Why would Microsoft block doing that? There is nothing to be gained by doing it? All your going to do is piss people off and generate negative press. People need a backup incase Windows 10 has issues on that hardware or they just don't like it.

13. DavidY Win User

Also, they'd probably have to make a code change to the Windows 7/8.x activation processes, for no gain.

Also, on this Microsoft page:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...covery-options
    The 'if go back isn't available' section is by implication if you want to go back after 30 days.

DavidY, Sep 1, 2015
  14. Microsoft can't block Windows 7 OEM-SLP activations anyway. Those factory installs don't activate online and use a common OEM key. The worst they can do is flag them all as non genuine. They won't do that because not everybody with those installs may have done the free upgrade. It's a no win situation for Microsoft no matter how you look at it, if they were to block you from going back.

alphanumeric, Sep 1, 2015
  15. larc919 Win User
    The reliability of a good system partition backup beats the risks of Windows rollback any day, IMO. The last thing I did on each of my computers before I upgraded to 10 was a Macrium Reflect backup. They are all still there, ready to restore anytime if needed.

larc919, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

1. First Windows 10 Adopters No Longer Allowed to Downgrade to Windows... - Similar Threads - Adopters Longer Allowed

2. Adopt acrobat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adopt acrobat: My adopt acrobat does not work. I tried to down load it again but it did not go through? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adopt-acrobat/4ed31864-685e-45ed-8765-0456e7a4c487
  3. Adopt acrobat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adopt acrobat: My adopt acrobat does not work. I tried to down load it again but it did not go through? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adopt-acrobat/4ed31864-685e-45ed-8765-0456e7a4c487
  4. windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10: Whenever I update to windows 11, on the first startup I get a black screen of death and it restarts to windows 10. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this issue?...
  5. windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10: Whenever I update to windows 11, on the first startup I get a black screen of death and it restarts to windows 10. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this issue?...
  6. windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:: My printer is hooked up to my other Windows 7 computer in my living room. Since Windows 10 no longer has home groups, I had to gain access to the printer by manually adding the network path to it (and disabling remote password access on my living room computer). This worked...
  8. Windows Phone Users Will Always Be Allowed to Downgrade from Win 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Phone Users Will Always Be Allowed to Downgrade from Win 10: Windows Phone Users Will Always Be Allowed to Downgrade from Windows 10 WP 8.1 images will be there to recover Windows Phone devices that will be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile will have the option to downgrade back to the original operating system forever, Microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 Adoption Already Slowing Down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Adoption Already Slowing Down: Windows 10 was launched with much fanfare on July 29, and given the fact that during the same day Microsoft also allowed Windows 7 and 8.1 users to start downloading the new operating system free of charge as a direct upgrade, its market share skyrocketed in just a few hours...
  10. Survey finds 40% of businesses want to adopt Windows 10 in the first

in Windows 10 News
    Survey finds 40% of businesses want to adopt Windows 10 in the first: Survey finds 40% of businesses want to adopt Windows 10 in the first year Microsoft has big plans for its new Windows 10 operating system, as the company publicly stated it’s aiming for over a billion devices running the OS. Luckily, lots of businesses seem to be quite...