Windows 10: Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup

Discus and support Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I use a dual screen setup, Fit does the same thing as Fill in the background settings. The preview changes in the "background settings" panel, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nsegre, Aug 15, 2018.

1. nsegre Win User

Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup

When I use a dual screen setup, Fit does the same thing as Fill in the background settings. The preview changes in the "background settings" panel, but the actual desktop does not. It only works properly when I have one display active.

Is there a fix for this?

GFX Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ti.

Dual Display:

Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup [​IMG]

Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup c976f178-3368-4124-8f54-385cc327a0e6?upload=true.png

Single Display:
    Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup [​IMG] Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup 2304c1ea-8f59-4913-b8ad-a517d73aa602?upload=true.png

:)

nsegre, Aug 15, 2018

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup

1. Fit and Fill do the same thing with a dual monitor setup - Similar Threads - Fit Fill same

2. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  3. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  4. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual monitor setup

Dual monitor setup: I am trying to set up two different screens, but the settings aren't detecting the other monitor. I am using a hp dms 59 to dual vga y split cable adapter, and it doesnt seem to work....
  6. Dual Monitor Setup

Dual Monitor Setup: I just installed a second monitor on my desktop pc. My original monitor is connected via HDMI. My second monitor is connected via VGA. Windows 10 automatically detected my additional monitor and set it up with the correct settings for best picture EXCEPT for one thing. My...
  7. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  8. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  10. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup: I have had a dual monitor setup for at least a year now with no issues on either monitor. A month ago, I decided to buy a new monitor and I set my wife up with my old monitor so she could use a dual monitor setup for herself. I plugged the monitors in and it booted up just...