Windows 10: Five free tools for managing partitions

Discus and support Five free tools for managing partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Most modern operating systems contain built-in tools for creating, deleting, or resizing partitions. But many users find that third-party tools make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Borg 386, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Five free tools for managing partitions

Five free tools for managing partitions - TechRepublic

:)

Borg 386, Feb 23, 2016

2. Can't extend a partition after removing linux

The built-in Windows Partition Management tool is not the best, and quite often gets its knickers in a twist.

Download and install this (excellent and free) Partition Management tool:

MiniTool Partition Wizard

Gordon B-P, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Sanwin2 Win User
    Extending the amount of space on my system-partition

You can't move it with the windows tools. Try the partition manager already suggested. Other free partition managers exist, and they all ccan move partitions so that you get the free space next to C:

Sanwin2, Feb 23, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Except for #5 I have used them all. Those are all good tools.

5. lx07 Win User
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    No video here. That's what I get.

Five free tools for managing partitions [​IMG]

7. Same here, no video.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Feb 23, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

There is.
    But, one can turn it off.

davidhk, Feb 23, 2016
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    Hmm, if there is a video, they have been hiding it real well. At least I cannot find it.

10. davidhk Win User
    If you wait a bit, the video screen will appear.

Five free tools for managing partitions [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 23, 2016
  11. Borg 386 - so many good articles today, I can not give you that much rep, thanks, going to check it out.

Adblocker, flashblocker (I consider this mandatory) or stopautoplay (great for HTML5) will take care of it. *Wink

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Five free tools for managing partitions - Similar Threads - Five free tools

2. Where can I get a FREE copy of EaseUS Partition Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I get a FREE copy of EaseUS Partition Manager?: I'm rebuilding my computer (clean install). I used to have a free copy of EaseUS Partition Manager - but I deleted the installation file and tried to download the latest version. However, the latest version appears to be a TRIAL only. How can I get a totally free version?...
  3. Any free customization tools?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any free customization tools?: Win10 made me finally ditch Linux. But one thing I miss was the ease of customization. Are there any free tools to do this on Windows? I know there's Start10 and all that, but I'd prefer not to shell out cash and have extra software running just to do such a mundane thing as...
  4. Color Management Tool?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Management Tool?: Hey, Is there some color management software out that you can control all the colors in Win10? I'm talking about the progress bars and title bars... Things like that. 23678
  5. Recommendation for a partition manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommendation for a partition manager: I recently upgraded a Dell XPS 8700 to Win10 and then downgraded back to Win7 because of compatibility with games. I'd like to delete the 21.18 GB recovery partition and add that space of the OS partition (Disk 2), SSD. The recovery partition is for Win8 its no longer needed....
  6. SSD and partition tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD and partition tool: I have a notebook with a Samsung 850 Evo SSD. I want to reduce partition where Windows 10 is installed and I see that in Control Panel there is a tool for managing partition. I wonder if this tool takes in consideration 4096 bytes alignment recommended for SSD. Thanks! 61541
  7. Help With Partition Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help With Partition Management: So, on my old computer, I always used to run out of space on my D drive. When I got my new windows 10 laptop, I wanted to make sure that didn't happen. So, when manually I partitioned out a D drive, I gave it half the storage on my computer. Fast forward a few months, and now...
  8. Five super-easy IP traffic monitoring tools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Five super-easy IP traffic monitoring tools: For system admins, one of the most important tasks is keeping an eye on the network. When things go bad in your world, a rogue ne'er-do-well could be the cause. Whether that malicious entity is a hacker, a compromised system, or a bad piece of hardware, it's essential to...
  9. Help With Partition Management

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help With Partition Management: My current disk allocation is seen in the attached pic. Somehow, after installation of 10 I ended up with this. [img] The highlighted partitions are all showing as being empty (100% free space), the circled partitions show 2 recovery partitions, and my primary boot/win...
  10. Xbox Games with Gold for December includes five free titles

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Games with Gold for December includes five free titles: [img] If you’re into spending your holidays on grand adventures without spending a dime of your hard-earned cash, then Games with Gold has your back! In 2015 alone, Xbox Live Gold members have saved over $1000 with Games with Gold on Xbox One and Xbox 360. It’s only...