Windows 10: Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10

Discus and support Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows has supported multiple languages from the start. Now, it even lets you have multiple languages installed on your PC. You can use one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 15, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10

Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10 Unable-to-remove-a-language-from-Windows-10-100x100.jpg
    Windows has supported multiple languages from the start. Now, it even lets you have multiple languages installed on your PC. You can use one for display, while other can be used to type, and so on. That said, Windows 10 [...]

This post Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 15, 2018

2. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10

1. Fix: Cannot remove a Language from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Cannot remove

2. Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...: Hi, I have a repeated language Figure 1 that is not even installed in my Preferred Languages List Figure 2. I do not know how to remove this. I have tried several solutions from other questions that do not work at all. Figure 1. W + Space Language Keyboard Layout MenuSpanish...
  3. Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...: Hi, I have a repeated language Figure 1 that is not even installed in my Preferred Languages List Figure 2. I do not know how to remove this. I have tried several solutions from other questions that do not work at all. Figure 1. W + Space Language Keyboard Layout MenuSpanish...
  4. Cannot remove Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove Language: I cannot remove language 'EnglishUnited Kingdom' nor cannot find it's root anywhere even in window powershell or registry editor.What should I do to remove it? it is kind of annoying to switch the languageand turn out to be same english once again.Thanks in advance....
  5. Cannot remove Language

Cannot remove Language: I cannot remove language 'EnglishUnited Kingdom' nor cannot find it's root anywhere even in window powershell or registry editor.What should I do to remove it? it is kind of annoying to switch the languageand turn out to be same english once again.Thanks in advance....
  6. Windows 10 keyboard languages cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard languages cannot be removed: Can't remove these last 3 languages. They do not appear in the settings bar to remove but they are displayed in the keyboard language bar. Any solution?...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard languages cannot be removed

Windows 10 keyboard languages cannot be removed: Can't remove these last 3 languages. They do not appear in the settings bar to remove but they are displayed in the keyboard language bar. Any solution?...
  8. Unable to remove a language from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove a language from Windows 10: Finally there is a simple solution to that serious bug. First you have to reinstall the language you can delete. Only be careful to don't select it as the main display language. Restart the PC and then delete the language with the problem. It's so simple....
  9. Cannot remove input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove input language: See also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-remove-input-language-keyboard/b9e01e9e-6d72-407c-8c38-f61ae993db6c?messageId=8154fa8a-7534-4db4-8754-fcb549ac5bbd Hello, This is an issue in the win 10 May update (1903). en-uk...
  10. Remove a Language from Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove a Language from Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows has supported multiple languages from the start. Now, it even lets you have multiple languages installed on your PC. You can use one for display, while other can be used to type, and so on. That said, Windows 10 [...] This post Fix: Cannot remove a Language...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot remove language

2. cannot remove language windows 10

3. cannot delete language from windows 10

4. how to remove windows 10 language from start menu that is geyed out cannot remove,
  5. windows 10 remove a language,
  6. why cant i delete us language in windows 10 new update,
  7. windows 10 i can not delete language,
  8. cannot cancel a language,
  9. cant remove language windows 10,
  10. cannot remove us language windows 10,
  11. can not remove preffered language from windows,
  12. windows cant reove language,
  13. cannot remove language in Windows fixed