Windows 10: fix DPI issue with desktop icons and the latter

Discus and support fix DPI issue with desktop icons and the latter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new Asus Laptop Q534UXK with display of 3840 x 2160. issue is with icons and apps using this resolution they do not always work correctly when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by encom45, Sep 18, 2017.

1. encom45 Win User

fix DPI issue with desktop icons and the latter

I have a new Asus Laptop Q534UXK with display of 3840 x 2160. issue is with icons and apps using this resolution they do not always work correctly when presented on the screen, one issue is with the desktop icons they get jumbled when launching a game and then quit back to the desktop and the icons are all jumbled, also apps most so far do not display correctly. is there a setting i need to change with DPI for this is win 10 broken? i added a sceen shot of the icons on the desktop

:)

encom45, Sep 18, 2017
  2. Rissachu Win User

Updated to Windows 10, why are some programs blurry?

I figured out how to change it if you're having the problem. Right click on the desktop icon of the program that you're having a problem with and go to "properties", then "compatibility" and then "disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Should fix
    the issue.

Rissachu, Sep 18, 2017
  3. toxilox Win User
    Program window size change when laptop lid is closed

I got the following answer in another forum which solved my re-size problem:

"Open HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop and set Win8DpiScaling to 1 . This forces the old DPI mode from Windows 8 which will fix the issue (at the expense of no longer having per-monitor DPI scaling)."

toxilox, Sep 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

You might try rt click empty space, View, enable Align to grid.

Some, when finding icons were being re-arranged (not as you have described) have used 3rd party programs successfully.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    You might try rt click empty space, View, enable Align to grid.

Some, when finding icons were being re-arranged (not as you have described) have used 3rd party programs successfully.

Perhaps someone familiar with switching resolutions like this will have further thoughts.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. fix DPI issue with desktop icons and the latter - Similar Threads - fix DPI issue

2. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  3. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?: I restart explorer.exe, then my desktop/icons look like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-desktopicons-issue/0d95ed22-4040-4d8c-9154-b6e4c626e96f
  4. How do I fix this desktop/icons issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon issues: I cannot get my icons back to their original positions. I know you can't see it from this picture, but when you hover over one of the icons the *outline of the icon is 10 times the size you see on the screen. not sure that is the correct terminology Not only are they spread...
  6. Desktop Icon issues

Desktop Icon issues: I cannot get my icons back to their original positions. I know you can't see it from this picture, but when you hover over one of the icons the *outline of the icon is 10 times the size you see on the screen. not sure that is the correct terminology Not only are they spread...
  7. Desktop Icon issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Desktop Icon issue

Desktop Icon issue: Yesterday when I logged into my work computer Dell Latitude 5420/Windows 10 Pro, my additional monitors were acting a little weird, so I did a system reset, verified the display settings. I really don't believe I changed anything that could have done this however- after a...
  9. High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop: I've started experiencing a high DPI scaling issue for the past two months with just one app on Windows 10 20H2, which ironically is developed by Microsoft: Power BI Desktop. I have HP Elitebook 840 G3 laptop connected to Eizo monitor with 2560x1440 resolution and 150%...
  10. anyone know how to fix dpi scaling issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone know how to fix dpi scaling issues?: I've reset my PC about 4 times and used a system restore 8, because my dpi always messes up after playing Win32 applications like l4d2. i have a 1360x768 screen but now it says its the same resolution but its scrunched down to but seems like 1200 x700. ive tried driver...