Windows 10: Fix for cnmscc~1.dll error?

Discus and support Fix for cnmscc~1.dll error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer is a ASUS laptop, SSD, 8 GB memory, 64 bit, running free upgrade W10 version from W7. No problems with computer after the original clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bob338, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Bob338 Win User

Fix for cnmscc~1.dll error?

Computer is a ASUS laptop, SSD, 8 GB memory, 64 bit, running free upgrade W10 version from W7. No problems with computer after the original clean install of the free upgrade in January. Problems all commenced with version 1607 in August. First a networking problem, repaired with different networking adapter. Following that fix, and after a couple of other upgrades tail end of September, I get a popup window shortly after boot up or reboot, advising "there was a problem starting C:\Users\Bob\cnmssc~1.dll. C:\Users\Bob\cnmssc~1.dll is not a valid Win 32 application". No effect on the machine which runs fine otherwise. But it's a major irritation which I'd like to eliminate. Anyone have any suggestions?

In checking Microsoft support there seems to be spotty fixes. The problem seems to be related to Canon software. I run a Canon printer on the network. Some have managed a fix by uninstalling the software and reinstalling, but others, like me, have done that a couple of times with no effect on the problem. I've uninstalled, 'cleaned' the computer, and reinstalled to no effect. I've gone through the Users part of the registry but can locate no file as described above. I was just going to delete that reference, but I found none. Haven't gotten through the rest of the registry.

I'm surprised this problem hasn't been posted here as there seems to be quite a bit of the same problem posted @ Microsoft and Tom's Hardware.

Anybody?

:)

Bob338, Oct 30, 2016
  2. karstenes Win User

Hey bob,
    Try checking the startup tab of task manager for any Canon printer software. If you see any, try disabling it.

karstenes, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Bob338 Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been there. Nothing on it. I've pared the startup down quite a bit on that machine. I only have 4 items on it now. No joy.

Bob338, Oct 30, 2016
  4. karstenes Win User

Hey, try opening the run dialog (windows+r) and going to shell:startup

karstenes, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Bob338 Win User
    CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS! How simple and easy! You should go around to all the threads I've visited, and also advise Microsoft whose 'support?' group is stumped. Appreciate and thanks again!!

Bob338, Oct 31, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    To fully remove it
    Go to Start/Search and type Regedit and press enter.
    In the Windows Registry Editor, In the Toolbar, Make sure Computer is highlighted, then go to Edit/Find. In the Find What dialog box type in cnmssc~1.dll and press enter. It will search the registry and stop. 1. Press the Del key to delete this file, 2. press Enter to confirm, the deletion and 3. press F3 to continue searching. Do these last 3 steps each time until it stops and says Finished Searching the Registry. Restart the computer.

spunk, Oct 31, 2016
  7. Bob338 Win User
    Thanks, but I did that multiple times. Found nothing. Then started to go through the several branches in the Registry. Went through all the branches individually in the Users branches, both the one with my name, and the other with no user's names, and it too found nothing. That was tedious but it still found nothing. Was going to go through the rest of them individually till this particular successful 'fix' was suggested, then 'EUREKA!'. I don't care if it's still in the registry as long as I can't see it!

Incidentally, I also did the regedit thing using only 'cnmssc' and 'cnmssc *" and again nothing.

I 'clean' the Registry with Ccleaner frequently and I cleaned multiple times but I'd guess it's still somewhere. I'd love to know in which hive or branch that little bugger was, but it's harmless now. Didn't have it on two other desktop machines on my network, all also with clean installs of W10 and all updated to version 1607. I've also done the suggested successful 'fix' on those with no detrimental effect on function.

Thanks anyway!

Bob338, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fix for cnmscc~1.dll error? - Similar Threads - Fix cnmscc~1 dll

2. Fix vulkan-1.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix vulkan-1.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you see an error message The program can’t start because vulkan-1.dll is missing from your computer, then this will help you fix the problem on your Windows 11/10 PC. Windows throws DLL errors for various reasons, and when it comes to vulkan-1.dll was not found...
  3. How to correct this error- VCRuntime 140-1.dll

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to correct this error- VCRuntime 140-1.dll: My computer is using Windows 10 home 64 bit and I am new to this system. When I try to open certain programs or get info about them I get this error= VCRuntime 140-1.dll. It states that reloading the program my correct the problem, but. What is the correct way to correct...
  4. Fixing DLL errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing DLL errors: Recently I have come across some dll errors that started out of nowhere. I don't think it is a program specific error as I have tried reinstalling the programs but the issue has continued. I have also tried using the command prompt method to solve the issue but this did not...
  5. Issue with fixing dll errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with fixing dll errors: Hi Team, I am using Windows 10 OS. I could see when power on my PC every time I am seeing many Dll error like avformat-58.dll,avcodec-58.dll,swresample-3.dll,avtil-56.dll.I struggled a lot fixing all dll error issues. I tried to find Directx run time web installer.exe file...
  6. CNMSSC 1.DLL Error...

CNMSSC 1.DLL Error...: Since November 15, 2020 every time I "Start" my PC I receive a pop-up RunDLL "There was a problem starting C:\Users\RICHM-1.RIC\CNMSSC-1.DLL The specified module...
  7. Fix, Error decompressing mfc90.dll

Fix, Error decompressing mfc90.dll: I get errors on startup after restoring windows from a backup image. Error-3 from inflate: incorrect data check Error decompressing mfc90.dll Failed to write all bytes to mfc.dll How do I fix it? ASUS N75SF laptop windows 10-64 build 17134.829...
  8. Uplay VCRUNTIME140.dll error fix..!!

Uplay VCRUNTIME140.dll error fix..!!: I finally fix the issue with of the Uplay VCRUNTIME140.dll error and I like to share it for those who are facing the same issue I install both x64 and x86 Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and nothing happen the problem persists then I install both x64...
  9. SFC stops at 1%, DISM error 1392, dll error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC stops at 1%, DISM error 1392, dll error: Hello. After manually installing Threshold 2 AVG PC TuneUp reported errors on my C: disk, so I performed a chkdsk. The system rebooted, naturally, and chkdsk took a very long time, always stuck at the same percentage. CristalDiskInfo reports no error at all times. After the...
  10. how to fix a dll error

in Windows 10 Support
    how to fix a dll error: I get a message at each startup that says: problem starting--could not locate:c:\WINDOWS\system32\NVSPCAP.64.dll--I am running windows 10 pro vers.1511 64 bit--os build10586.589--running INVIDA graphics card with an INTEL(R)core i7cpu. How can I correct this for free!!--all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cnmssc~1.dll

2. cnmssc 1.dll

3. dll cnmssc~1

4. CNMSSC~\.DLL . ,
  5. C:/users/Linda/CNMSSC-1.DLL,
  6. cnmssc~2.dll win10,
  7. cnmssc1.dll,
  8. cnmssc.dll for windows 10 64,
  9. Cnmssc~.dll