Windows 10: (Fix) for error 10016 if you have been trying to get rid of it...

Discus and support (Fix) for error 10016 if you have been trying to get rid of it... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Finally got rid of error 10016...*Tongue*Wink Here is the link to the post I found, Scroll down about 2/3 of the page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Raner Win User

(Fix) for error 10016 if you have been trying to get rid of it...

Finally got rid of error 10016...*Tongue*Wink
    Here is the link to the post I found, Scroll down about 2/3 of the page.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral
    Before you go there this is what I did.

(Fix) for error 10016 if you have been trying to get rid of it... [​IMG]

Edit, I meet so say line 9 not 8 in the text it red at the bottom of the insert above...

I followed the fix but when I got to line 9 I could not add to permissions because the add radial button was grayed out.
    So I did line 8 and then rebooted. If the error is gone you should be fine. (My error was still there).
    So then I did this...
    On the registry keys I changed the owner to my admin account.
    Then did what the fix said to do, then rebooted.
    After the reboot I went back and changed the owner back to the default owner then rebooted again.
    (You may not have to do this step but I did)...
    And the error was gone! It had been showing up a lot but it has not returned since I did the fix...

(Fix) for error 10016 if you have been trying to get rid of it... [​IMG]

Now I need to find a fix for the one remaining error, There is not a lot of good information on this one.
    Since this is my post, If someone viewing found a fix for it could you please post the fix here...

:)

Raner, Nov 23, 2017
  2. QwinnEPE Win User

Intermittant (three times a week) slowdown in Windows 10 requiring restart

The error 10016 is fixable. It's a permissions issue. See post #2 of this thread:

Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM - Windows 10 Forums

I applied the fix myself and it worked perfectly to get rid of the error. It is probably unrelated to your other errors.

QwinnEPE, Nov 23, 2017
  3. Mike_884 Win User
    Event 7031 System Control Manager

This 10016 error is about the only 10016 error I have and it shows up some 60-80 times a day. Following all the hints and tips and guides and all, I have not been able to fix this. Probably only MS can fix this...

Mike_884, Nov 23, 2017
Thema:

(Fix) for error 10016 if you have been trying to get rid of it...

1. (Fix) for error 10016 if you have been trying to get rid of it... - Similar Threads - Fix error 10016

2. I have been getting a startup error, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been getting a startup error, how to fix?: After not using my pc for a few days I have tried to start it up and I keep getting a message of “reading media” and then a black screen that says my device ran into a problem with the error code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDI tried running safe mode to maybe try to...
  3. I have been getting a startup error, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been getting a startup error, how to fix?: After not using my pc for a few days I have tried to start it up and I keep getting a message of “reading media” and then a black screen that says my device ran into a problem with the error code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDI tried running safe mode to maybe try to...
  4. I have been getting a startup error, how to fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. orxds.exe error how do you fix it and get rid of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    orxds.exe error how do you fix it and get rid of it: so how do you get rid of this and this is a real screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orxdsexe-error-how-do-you-fix-it-and-get-rid-of-it/744a12be-2cfe-4430-8b6b-bbfa65b912f8
  6. orxds.exe error how do you fix it and get rid of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    orxds.exe error how do you fix it and get rid of it: so how do you get rid of this and this is a real screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orxdsexe-error-how-do-you-fix-it-and-get-rid-of-it/744a12be-2cfe-4430-8b6b-bbfa65b912f8
  7. orxds.exe error how do you fix it and get rid of it

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Fixing DistributedCOM error 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    Fixing DistributedCOM error 10016: I have SO many of these errors in my Event Viewer and thought I would try to fix the problem. I found a number of sites explaining what needs to be done and have followed this one: Fix Error 10016 in Windows Event Viewer My AppID relates to PerAppRuntimeBroker in the...
  9. Getting repeated error 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting repeated error 10016: Hello, I am encountering this error mostly when it comes to playing video games such as Skyrim: Special Edition & Heroses of Might and Magic V. With the former game, trying to launch a new game crashes it, while with the latter I can't save any games. I've been looking into...
  10. DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**

in Windows 10 Support
    DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**: **Update** Links to a possible fix. http://tinyurl.com/yalc7gdg https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/73988-cortana-dcom-error-event-10016-a.html This Immersive Shell error pops up in duplicate, and usually cites application container...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft fix dcom or get rid of it