Windows 10: Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu

Discus and support Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following the last windows update I had an issue where my Logitech Mouse (actually Mice, I tried more than one *Wink ) would not scroll correctly in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barman58, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Barman58 Win User

Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu

Following the last windows update I had an issue where my Logitech Mouse (actually Mice, I tried more than one *Wink ) would not scroll correctly in the Start menu area.

The scrolling worked everywhere else that I tried and actually worked if I pointed the mouse at the scroll bars

I have found the fix and thought I would share as Logitech hardware is popular

Open the Start Menu and navigate to Settings - Devices - Mouse & Touchpad and make sure that the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" option is ticked.

Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu [​IMG]

It cleared my issue instantly, I can only assume that the status of this option was either added or reversed by an update as it always used to work

Hope this helps *Biggrin

:)

Barman58, Feb 1, 2016

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel too fast after Windows 10 Upgrade

Re Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - didn't know it was there but opened and turned Scroll control Off and back On again fixed the too fast wheel scrolling.

Win10, MS Dual Receiver Mini Wireless Mouse

I found access to the mouse control center in my main start menu, and Settings, Mouse, Properties, Mouse and Keyboard Center, Click here to change ms mouse settings.

harraldranier, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Start Menu and Mouse Scroll Wheel

So, this has never worked the right way in any version of Windows 10 and it is still does not work the way it should. When I click on the start menu and move the mouse cursor over the alphabetical list of a mix of folders and icons (which annoys me to no
    end that I can't even organize that except alphabetically) the scroll wheel on my mouse does nothing until I click in an empty area of the start menu. What should happen: I click on the start menu and I can at least scroll through the items without having
    to click twice within the start menu to be able to scroll. It might seem like a little annoyance but after 2 major updates this little thing hasn't been fixed?

Polorboy01, Feb 1, 2016
  4. Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu

I signed up for the site just to thank you for that tip. Wow, that was really frustrating to not be able to scroll in the Windows Start menu. They should really fix that one. Thanks again, great catch!

gsmitchell, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu

1. Fix for Mouse not scrolling in start menu - Similar Threads - Fix Mouse scrolling

2. Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues: I need help and I'm at the last straw. I have a computer that is only a year old, a CyberPower desktop, and a few days ago the start menu and other device menus began auto scrolling downward and would not release. I have done everything listed below:Uninstalled the drivers to...
  3. Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and settings menu flicker and scroll like a mouse is moving across and...: This just stared yesterday, it only occurs on windows related menus, my browser and apps besides settings dont freak out, it fixes when I restart my computer but sometimes it comes back randomly. Defender says I have no active threats, but I've never seen a glitch like this,...
  4. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  5. Scrolling doesn't work on Start Menu

Scrolling doesn't work on Start Menu: It happened when I got the April update last year and since then I didn't search for a solution. But here's the issue scrolling works perfectly everywhere on my system except when I open the Start Menu scrolling doesn't work on it and I have to use the scroll bar on the side...
  6. Start menu trackpad scrolling

Start menu trackpad scrolling: Hey guys ever since the 1903 update, I can't scroll down my apps and programs in the start menu usimg the trackpad scrolling gesture, so I have to use the slider on the side which quite inconvenient, I can use the scroll wheel if I have a mouse plugged tho. Anyone know how to...
  7. Start Menu scroll bar Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu scroll bar Bug: There is a scroll bar, even if the tiles do not take up the entire height of the Start Menu. Can it be fixed soon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-scroll-bar-bug/72869904-8461-4cd6-8e62-dbb04c9c110c
  8. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  9. Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked: I understand that this is some sort of a hotkey which opens up the start menu but I would like to disable it. I've tried to go into control panel, mouse settings, wheel, etc, and after poking around everywhere in the settings I wasn't able to find the settings that...
  10. Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesn't scroll with mouse wheel.: Hi. Anyone else have this issue? 33630