Windows 10: Fix ms-resource:editwithphotos shown on Context Menu?

Discus and support Fix ms-resource:editwithphotos shown on Context Menu? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I right click a .jpg photo, the context menu shows ms-resource:editwithphotos instead of Photos I guess. How do you fix this? Update: I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Fix ms-resource:editwithphotos shown on Context Menu?

When I right click a .jpg photo, the context menu shows ms-resource:editwithphotos instead of Photos I guess. How do you fix this?

Update: I just searched the registry for ms-resource:editwithphotos and replaced that string with Edit in Photos which fixed the issue.

:)

Steve C, Aug 5, 2017

2. My right click context menu not working!

Until this is fixed, as a workaround, press SHIFT and right-click on a taskbar icon to see the classic context menu. Jumplists won't be shown, though.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 5, 2017
  3. WismanYen Win User
    Can't launch Mail and Calendar in Windows 10

Sorry for not reading your words carefully and asking that question, and thank you very much for providing so many details.

About the event viewer, I can't find any thing related to windowscommunicationapps due to no responses when clicking mail and calendar. I also sorted the event ID, checked each ID and found nothing related to windowscommunicationapps either.

At step 1, I found my context is very similar but not identical to yours. This is mine.

C\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6416.42001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe;

C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.22929.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps8wekyb3d8bbwe

CNMicrosoftCorporation,O=MicrosoftCorporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US

microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6416.42001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6416.42001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/hxcommintl/AppManifest_OutlookDesktop_DisplayNameMicrosoftCorporation

ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/hxcommintl/AppManifest_OutlookDesktop_Descriptionimages\HxMailAppList.png

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.008wekyb3d8bbwe

CNMicrosoftCorporation,O=MicrosoftCorporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.22929.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.22929.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

MicrosoftVisualC++2015RuntimePackageMicrosoftPlatformExtensionsMicrosoftVisualC++2015Runtimesupportfornativeapplicationslogo.png

microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps8wekyb3d8bbwe

CN=MicrosoftCorporation,O=MicrosoftCorporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US

zh-twmicrosoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6416.42001.0_neutral_zh-tw_8wekyb3d8bbwe

C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6416.42001.0_neutral_zh-tw_8wekyb3d8bbwe

ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/hxcommintl/AppManifest_OutlookDesktop_DisplayNameMicrosoftCorporation

images\HxMailAppList.png
    APPS

microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe

microsoft.windowslive.calendar

ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/hxcommintl/AppManifest_CalendarDesktop_DisplayName

ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/hxcommintl/AppManifest_CalendarDesktop_Description

images\HxCalendarMediumTile.png

images\HxCalendarAppList.png

microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe

microsoft.windowslive.mail

ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/hxcommintl/AppManifest_MailDesktop_DisplayName

ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/hxcommintl/AppManifest_MailDesktop_Description

images\HxMailMediumTile.png

images\HxMailAppList.png

MicrosoftCorporation

WismanYen, Aug 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you mean rt click, and the Open With list, or something else? A screenshot could help (PrtSc). Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    I fixed it thanks - see update in original post. the correct menu now shows:

Fix ms-resource:editwithphotos shown on Context Menu? [​IMG]

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Fix ms-resource:editwithphotos shown on Context Menu? - Similar Threads - Fix resource editwithphotos

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  4. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  5. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  6. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  7. ms-resource

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource: Impossible to get rid of "ms-resource" apps that appears after system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-resource/50a3b08d-fb6e-4d14-86d9-c469d411e6f4
  8. context menu

context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  9. ms-resource:EditWithPhotos in context menu

ms-resource:EditWithPhotos in context menu: When I right click on an image to open the context menu, it provides me with an option "ms-resource:EditWithPhotos" which leads to the edit portion of the 'Photos' app. Obviously, the name suggests 'Edit' and that's not my problem. [img] How do I fix the...
  10. Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network map context menu (Fix Icon and context menu): For all those that have a blank icon in network router and the non working network map feature as it is removed from windows 8/10 (this plug and play driver bug never got corrected from microsoft, imo) here is a reg file that fixes both of the 3 problems. Just copy those...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. @{microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.5.9600.20605_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe?ms-resource://microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/strings/peopleAppName}

2. ms-resouce://microsoft.windowscommunicationapps//hxoutlookint/appmanifest_calendardesktop_displayname