Windows 10: Fix: RDP error The function requested is not supported

Discus and support Fix: RDP error The function requested is not supported in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When trying to connect to a server or machine via Remote Desktop Connection you will get the below error which is strange as one would normally connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Noel New Member

Fix: RDP error The function requested is not supported

When trying to connect to a server or machine via Remote Desktop Connection you will get the below error which is strange as one would normally connect without any issues.

"Remote Desktop Connection
    An authentication error has occurred.
    The function requested is not supported
    Remote computer: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

After some research I found that this is due to a Windows Update patch which was released recently that is CVE-2018-0886 for RDP. So if the workstation was updated and the server was not yet.

There are two options for this.

Patch the server with the CVE-2018-0886 (Recommended)

Update the policy on the local computer (Not recommended but in case of emergency)

• On the computer open Group Policy
    • Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Credentials Delegation
    • Change Encryption Oracle to Remedition to Enabled
    • Change Protection Level to Vulnerable

Open MSTSC and you will be able to connect to the server.

(2646)

read more...

2. windows 10 pro - version 1803 - os build 17134.48 --- "An autentication error has occurred - the function requested is not supported".--cannot connect to remotes server by RDP - please help - André

"An autentication error has occurred - the function requested is not supported".--cannot connect to remotes server by RDP - please help -

AndréSlabber, Jun 21, 2018
  3. Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.

Upon trying to use Cipher to do some simple encrypting on my machine I have ran into some issues.

Fix: RDP error The function requested is not supported [​IMG]

If I execute Cipher.exe from the Command Prompt it seems to be functioning normally and subsequently lists all folders on the current directory with a U in front of them indicating that they are unencrypted, however, when I attempt to encrypt a directory ... or rather the files within it ... I get an error that reads " The request is not supported " beside each file listed in the directory and an overall summery that 0 files were encrypted.

I noticed that there is no Cipher.dll file on my machine, as according to some due diligence research, perhaps should have been. I located the only cipher.dll I could find, however, upon trying to register it I received an error that " the module was downloaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found. I also found an update on Microsoft's website, (KB4032188), that claimed to resolve known Cipher issues, however, was unable to install it on my machine as it kept stating that the update was not applicable to the particular Windows 10 build I am running. I also tried to use TLS 1.0 only and still received the same error. Any ideas?

GenericUser2712, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Fix: RDP error The function requested is not supported

RDP

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?

Initially when we received the problem there wasn't any changes made on the computer since we couldn't figure out the problem, we upgraded the pc to windows 10. It fixed the problem momentarily and then it starts again. Then we re initiated the upgrade the
      same day I wrote this post and it was fixed again and then on today the issue is back
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the past we would delete the MS Licensing Protocol folder as suggested by so many other posts and restart the RDP connection ad administrator to rebuild it. This time around it didn't fix anything. Like I said previously we've tried to upgrade the PC and
      the fix is temporal
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem? No
    • When did you notice about this issue? I'm not sure when it started because I haven't been on this project that long but I would say within the last month based on me. Based on other conversations this has happened in the past.
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Sure
      Fix: RDP error The function requested is not supported d7470294-b2af-4c9c-aa56-a971016a58bf.jpg

NikkiGarcia02, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

Fix: RDP error The function requested is not supported

1. Fix: RDP error The function requested is not supported - Similar Threads - Fix RDP error

2. RDP error "A Device attached to the system is not functioning"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP error "A Device attached to the system is not functioning": Hello!I have a user currently experiencing an RDP issue where they will try to RDP into their PC from another PC in the office and will occasionally be unable to. After typing in their account credentials, they are greeted with a black screen that flashes an error message "A...
  3. RDP error "A Device attached to the system is not functioning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP error "A Device attached to the system is not functioning": Hello!I have a user currently experiencing an RDP issue where they will try to RDP into their PC from another PC in the office and will occasionally be unable to. After typing in their account credentials, they are greeted with a black screen that flashes an error message "A...
  4. RDP error "A Device attached to the system is not functioning"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The request is not supported error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The request is not supported error.: Hi I am recently facing the request is not supported error when ever I start my laptop. On mostly all of the apps and software in my system. Like Xbox app or skype or teams with the error saying not supported or error and not opening up. Even my command prompt is not opening...
  6. Authentication error has occurred – Function requested is not supported

in Windows 10 News
    Authentication error has occurred – Function requested is not supported: [ATTACH]If when you try to use the Remote Desktop Connection between two Windows computers and you receive the error message; An Authentication error has occurred […] This article Authentication error has occurred – Function requested is not supported first appeared on...
  7. The request is not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The request is not supported: Recently I started experiencing an issue when I try to install setup files. I receive a message "the request is not supported". I have to install in "safe mode". Could this be the result of a recent "windows update"....
  8. FIX: RDP ERROR THE FUNCTION REQUESTED IS NOT SUPPORTED

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    FIX: RDP ERROR THE FUNCTION REQUESTED IS NOT SUPPORTED: When trying to connect to a server or machine via Remote Desktop Connection you will get the below error which is strange as one would normally connect without any issues. “Remote Desktop Connection An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not...
  9. Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.: Upon trying to use Cipher to do some simple encrypting on my machine I have ran into some issues. [img] If I execute Cipher.exe from the Command Prompt it seems to be functioning normally and subsequently lists all folders on the current directory with a U in front of...
  10. Error 50: The Request is not supported

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error 50: The Request is not supported: I noticed that Superfetch service is not loading any more even being set in "Auto". I tried manually to load it, but i get the error: Windows Could not start the superfetch on local computer. Error 50: The Request is not supported Windows 10 is up to date and i have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows remote desktop not working the function requested not supported

2. how to solve rdp the requested function not supported windows 10

3. windows 10 rdp function not supported

4. the function requested is not supported,
  5. function request is not supported error in as/400 onnection ,
  6. rdp other user the request is not supported,
  7. rdp error remoting from windows 7 host to server 2016. The function requested is not supported,
  8. the function requested is not supported rdp,
  9. remote desktop function not supported,
  10. rdp file function requested is not suppo,
  11. remote access function requested is not supported,
  12. windows 10 rdp the function request is not supported,
  13. the function request is not supported terminal server,
  14. rdp the function requested it not supported windows 7 ulitmate,
  15. rdp the function requested is not supported windows 10