Windows 10: FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803)

Discus and support FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I noticed that my computer had somekind slow performance on windows opening, window dragging, I wasn't able to create a "true" second desktop because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pagefile'sys, Jul 5, 2018.

1. FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803)

I noticed that my computer had somekind slow performance on windows opening, window dragging, I wasn't able to create a "true" second desktop because I use way too many programs at same time (I have 16GB ram) and after "upgrading" to april update, -I waited a month to black screen disaster solved- my window and programs starts slowly, like I have a picture folder on my desktop with loads of images, that folder around 80MB or so size, and took literally 3 seconds to open. Thats extremely slow for a thing like this, so I did this:

-double click click right down corner - windows defender security icon

-Device Security category

-details

-Memory Integrity

-TURN OFF the slider, click ok when UAC thing pop ups, then reboot your computer

after doing that, I got some of my speed back, its still kinda slow because Microsoft loves to ruin good products, and mind you I have a SSD. Plus, I have no idea how that memory integrity feature turned on by default.

Best windows ever!

:)

Pagefile'sys, Jul 5, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 27, 2018
  4. FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803)

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803)

1. FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803) - Similar Threads - FIX Slow performance

2. Win10 -2004, Slow - is it fixed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 -2004, Slow - is it fixed?: Hi All, I updated to Win 10, 204 release a couple months ago and my machine was slow and/or unresponsive, so I rolled back to 1909. I had read that I was not the only person having these issues. I was wondering if it was safe to try it again? The first time was quite scary...
  3. Slow startup since April update

Slow startup since April update: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Since installing the large April update start up has become very slow. Takes a while after entering pass code and when it does eventually icons on right side of taskbar are not there and you have to wait for them. 157456
  4. Internet is slow after win10 1803 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is slow after win10 1803 update: After the update my internet speed decreased highly. (from 1gb speed to 0.5 mb) I tried several tutorials in the microsoft support but nothing worked. I basically cannot use internet at all since it takes ages to load, and my pc is the only device with the issue since the...
  5. window 10 update april 1803 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window 10 update april 1803 error: sir when we update win 10 april in my pc it's download complete but when it's verify download process then he saw a message error code-0*80070017. please help me sir?...
  6. Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update: I recently updated my OS to 1803 but after the update, the pc has become really slow. I think it is because of the graphics driver but I can't update them. I use an AMD GPU and I don't know why but some of my games ( Fortnite etc.) can't run properly and some won't run at all...
  7. Win10 update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update 1803: HI, Since already few weeks Win10 updating is not finished. I observe also some problems with my C:\ driver. All folders are ALWAYS ReadOnly. I've tried different solutions including Command attr. without any effect. Additionally, when any driver is connected on the USB his...
  8. Win10 1803 Update Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 1803 Update Woes: Hello I have 3 separate laptops from different manufacturers where the latest 1803 update has left them with a black desktop and Windows/Search buttons that no longer work. In 2 cases I have managed to restore the desktop and any prog shortcuts on there work OK in most...
  9. April update general performance

April update general performance: I have the latest update and notice that loading times on any browser have slowed to a crawl even Edge.Anyone else have this problem ? 109568
  10. Cannot Sign In On 1803 April Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign In On 1803 April Update: I just updated my build from 1709 (Fall Creator’s) to 1803 (Spring/Redstone 4), and after a lengthy upgrade process, I go to sign in, but can’t... The sign in screen appears normally, and I can enter my PIN or Microsoft Password to sign in. However, signing in with either...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is 1803 so slow on my corporate network

2. why has win 10 1803 slowed my pc

3. uac slow 1803

4. why is patch 1803 so slow to install?,
  5. patch 1803 slow internet response,
  6. home network slow opening Microsoft Office documents after 1803 update