Windows 10: Fix Windows 10 Bootloader

Discus and support Fix Windows 10 Bootloader in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You're welcome. Hope it helps you get things squared away. --Ed-- Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Fix Windows 10 Bootloader

You're welcome. Hope it helps you get things squared away.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. ryankm Win User

Hi I messed up Windows 10 boot loader with a program called Easy BCD. There is no way for me to get into Windows 10 right now. Can someone help me do this. I can access all the files via Linux.

:)

ryankm, Apr 7, 2018
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Apr 7, 2018
  4. Linney Win User

windows 10 upgrade failed, no bootable device

This is the English Language Forum. Do the above (English) solutions assist you? If not you ought to try the French Language Forum.

How To Fix The Windows Bootloader

How To Fix The Windows Bootloader - TweakHound

Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

How to repair the EFI Bootloader in Windows 8

How to repair the EFI Bootloader in Windows 8 - fixedByVonnie

Repairing Windows in UEFI mode

http://hydra.geht.net/tino/howto/uefi/winrepair/

Windows and (U)EFI

http://hydra.geht.net/tino/howto/uefi/windows/

Fix Windows 8 bootloader after converting MBR disc to GPT

Fix Windows 8 bootloader after converting MBR disc to GPT

"Windows can only boot from GPT on UEFI-based computers running 64-bit versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and corresponding server versions. All versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista can read GPT drives and use them for data — they just can’t
    boot from them without UEFI".

What’s the Difference Between GPT and MBR When Partitioning a Drive?

What’s the Difference Between GPT and MBR When Partitioning a Drive?

Choose the appropriate Language via link at the bottom of this Page.

Résultats dans Windows - Microsoft Community

Linney, Apr 7, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    You'll need access to another computer to try this solution. If you download and install the free version of Macrium Reflect on this machine, you can then use it to create rescue media (see this Macrium Reflect KnowledgeBase article: Creating rescue media). Those rescue media include a facility named "Fix Windows Boot Problems" (here's another MRKB article on that topic: Fixing Windows boot problems).

In most cases, running the Fix Windows Boot Problems tool will work to repair damage done by EasyBCD. How do I know this? I've shot myself in the foot with EasyBCD, too, and have used the Macrium facility to repair such damage.

HTH,
    ---Ed---

EdTittel, Apr 7, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    1) When the computer is powered on what do you see and hear?
    2) What happens when you attempt to open the computers Windows advanced troubleshooting menu?
    Additional options may be available using a Windows 10 iso
    3) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    4) Create a bootable Windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    5) Report into the thread when you have the iso ready.

zbook, Apr 7, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    Totally agree - this has saved my life many times when various bcdedits have failed. I attribute its reliabilty to the fact that it does not really FIX the bcd but nukes it completely and rebuilds it from scratch.

As an aside, I found it can rebuild a boot entry for a vhd as well, if you click on C prompt and use diskpart to attach the vhd before running the Fix Windows link.

I have yet to find an easy way of recreating boot entries for winpe partitions though. I just redo them when booted into Windows.

cereberus, Apr 7, 2018
  8. ryankm Win User

Well I have the PowerSpec install disc still. Every time I stick it in it just tries to reinstall Windows.

ryankm, Apr 8, 2018
  9. Samuria Win User
    What is the disk set to UEFI , gpt or MBR as trying to use bcedit on Uefi is unlikly to work

Samuria, Apr 8, 2018
  10. KabyBlue Win User
    @EdTittel @cereberus

In your experience, has the Macrium Reflect "Fix Windows Boot" option via WinPE been successful on both UEFI & BIOS machines (GPT & MBR partitions)?

KabyBlue, Apr 8, 2018
  11. cereberus Win User
    Yep - both.

cereberus, Apr 8, 2018
  12. KabyBlue Win User
    does it essentially emulate the "bcdboot" command or does it do more than that?

KabyBlue, Apr 8, 2018
  13. EdTittel Win User

Yes, it works well with both MBR and UEFI structures. In looking at the BCD store, it does a bit more than bcdboot.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 8, 2018
  14. cereberus Win User
    As I said earlier, it basically uses a brute force method of deleting bcd and rebuilding bcd from scratch rather than faffing around editing bcd.

So if you have additional bcd related commands eg to run hyperv hypervisor or boot from winpe drives etc, they all get removed but crucial point is existing installations of windows can be rebooted in most cases.

cereberus, Apr 8, 2018
  15. KabyBlue Win User
    @EdTittel
    @cereberus

Thnx for the clarification*Smile

KabyBlue, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Fix Windows 10 Bootloader - Similar Threads - Fix Bootloader

2. How to fix blue screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix blue screening: I keep blue screening and tried to fix it, would just like some helpThe error codes I see from the BSOD are:service error exceptionunexpected store exceptionCan't seem to find why this keeps happening and it only happens when I try to play games that I should be fine running....
  3. How to fix blue screening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix blue screening: I keep blue screening and tried to fix it, would just like some helpThe error codes I see from the BSOD are:service error exceptionunexpected store exceptionCan't seem to find why this keeps happening and it only happens when I try to play games that I should be fine running....
  4. Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...: This problem initially started about 3 weeks ago. While gaming, both my monitors went black while my PC remained on. I was able to hear my game audio for another 4-5 seconds and then that cut out. The computer will eventually reboot after 2-3 minutes of being on but not...
  5. Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...: This problem initially started about 3 weeks ago. While gaming, both my monitors went black while my PC remained on. I was able to hear my game audio for another 4-5 seconds and then that cut out. The computer will eventually reboot after 2-3 minutes of being on but not...
  6. How to fix this ? can't install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  7. Windows update messed up system, cannot boot. How to fix bootloader?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update messed up system, cannot boot. How to fix bootloader?: Hi all, Doing this for a friend. I did the initial install a month or so ago and it's been great. A day or so ago, he reports that Windows did an update overnight and ever since, it's stuck in the system repair boot loop. As well as this boot issue, system restore did show...
  8. I need to fix my bootloader/OS without losing my data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to fix my bootloader/OS without losing my data: I experienced a problem with my Ubuntu live USB that seems to have corrupted or otherwise adversely affected my laptops bootloader and I can no longer boot into windows on the internal drive. Most of my data should be fine if I can recover it (it’s been a few weeks since my...
  9. Fix Windows 10 Bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix Windows 10 Bootloader: I installed Linux Ubuntu on external SSD and now i have problem with Windows 10 Bootloader. I always need to choose Boot Override and choose partition "Windows Boot Manager" in BIOS. How to fix it? [img] [img] 151685
  10. windows 10 is in sda2 but bootloader is showing sda1...how to fix it??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 is in sda2 but bootloader is showing sda1...how to fix it??: My operating system is windows 10 which is in sda2 partition. I have installed xubuntu as another OS. grub is showing that windows 10 is in sda1. So when i press enter on windows 10 loader dev/sda1 then it is not opening. a grub rescue mode is opened up because windows 10 is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. http://hydra.geht.net/tino/howto/uefi/winki/