Windows 10: (FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows...

Discus and support (FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So prior to the July (ish) update you could hit detect and then it would prompt you to try anyway if monitor is not found. now you hit detect and just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NStoker, Aug 15, 2018.

1. NStoker Win User

(FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows...

So prior to the July (ish) update you could hit detect and then it would prompt you to try anyway if monitor is not found. now you hit detect and just nothing happens, sometimes you can get the monitor not found but no continue anyway option. I found an Odd work around. hit fn+f4 bring up the "Project" side window with the 4 second screen options pc only, duplicate, extend, second screen only.

click on the extend screen and this will turn on the second screen options in the display settings.

open the display settings then select screen two and select make this my main display.

(note: when playing with these setting you will most likely at one point or another loose the display settings window to some lost virtual second display simply hold the fn button and press the f4 3 times. this will toggle the display back to the duplicate screen option then select extend screen again switch to screen two in the screen position box and then click make this my main display again)

I was able to use this with Chrome-cast to set an extended desktop to a tv and adjust the resolution better then using an hdmi cable. had audio as well. there was a little lag but it still worked fairly well. Next step is to try setting up a VPN and Chrome-casting through that to see if I can reduce the lag.

(FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows... ca660bba-8fad-4b73-b5e9-88d07f05e635?upload=true.png (FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows... be01f72d-73f2-4566-8df5-a6ae5ec610e1?upload=true.png (FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows... 370e9f65-8541-422b-b362-2e696a271e52?upload=true.png

:)

NStoker, Aug 15, 2018
  2. XroDenis Win User

Is there any way i can create a Fake/ghost Monitor?

In Windows 7 you could go into Control Panel, go to Appearance and Personalization, then into Screen Resolution and click Detect, after that a Fake/Ghost monitor should appear but in the latest version of windows 10 the Screen Resolution tab moved to the
    Settings app, and when i click Detect in Settings it doesn't create a fake/ghost monitor. Is there any way i can create a fake/ghost monitor for free?

My Specs:

Operating System---------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU-----------------------------

Intel Celeron @ 1.60GHz

Braswell 14nm Technology

RAM---------------------------------------------------------

4.00GB DDR3 @ 1599MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard---------------------------------------------------------

HP 81F1 (CHV)

Graphics---------------------------------------------------------

Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics (HP)

Storage---------------------------------------------------------

465GB Seagate ST500LT012-1DG142 (SATA) 35 °C

Optical Drives---------------------------------------------------------

hp DVDRW GUD1N

Audio---------------------------------------------------------

Realtek High Definition Audio

EDIT: Theres this app called spacedesk that allows you to create virtual monitors

XroDenis, Aug 15, 2018
  3. NofitBox Win User
    How to enable a fake second display in Windows 10 as Windows 8.1? Not Virtual Desktop

Thank you for assit

We say "fake" display but maybe is not the correct way to call this, anyway here is how to enable a virtual/fake display/monitor in Windows 8.1:

• Right click on the desktop, click 'Screen Resolution'
    • Click 'Detect' button on the next screen (when click on Detect, a new second monitor was shown on the right of the main display)
    • Click 'Another display not detected' and under the multiple displays option select 'Try to connect anyway on: VGA'
    • Click 'Apply'
    With this very easy method and a program like TeamViewer you can use them to extend your desktop to other laptop/PC/WindowsTablet... in the same wireless network but now in windows 10 is imposible to do this. What many users I know and me want is to extend
    the desktop to other Windows 10 PC via wireless ad hoc, or innthe same LAN. It must to be an importand, basic and native funtion on the system but....

Now in Windows 10 when you make click on 'Detect' Button nothing happens, no other virtual display is shown, nothing. you just need to have 2 PCs, 1 with windows 8/8.1 and other with windows 10 and you will test this.

Other change, is now in Windows 10 when you go to Right click and go to Display settings, actually it goes to a "metro like" settings interface and not to the original in the control panel. Yes, I know going to 'Appearance and personalization' > 'Adjust
    screen resolution'' I can go to the "classic" Display settings as in Windows 8.1

Note 1: the funtion to create a fake display in windows 10 does not work niether going through Control Panel nor Desktop> Right Click > Resolution....

Note 2: We perfectly know we can buy a monitor but this is not the problem here. What we want is to give other use to a Windows 10 device, for example turn a surface on a temporal second display to extend my laptop desktop when needed, not to mirror/show
    the same, it is to extend the desktop that is a very different thing.

Thank you

NofitBox, Aug 15, 2018
  4. (FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

(FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows...

1. (FIXED) Found a solution to missing fake/ghost/virtual extended screen problem with windows... - Similar Threads - FIXED Found solution

2. Screen has ghost of tabs is there a way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen has ghost of tabs is there a way to fix it?: my computer screen has been doing this with everything from tabs to text and i'm not sure what the issue could be. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-has-ghost-of-tabs-is-there-a-way-to-fix-it/5663841e-324f-4c5e-8ae6-0cd9b350d37f
  3. Screen has ghost of tabs is there a way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen has ghost of tabs is there a way to fix it?: my computer screen has been doing this with everything from tabs to text and i'm not sure what the issue could be. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-has-ghost-of-tabs-is-there-a-way-to-fix-it/5663841e-324f-4c5e-8ae6-0cd9b350d37f
  4. I found a solution to my graphics problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I found a solution to my graphics problem.: I had an issue with my graphics, there've been glitched by a couple of days and the solution was turning ON the NVIDIA settings in all contexy of work, i don't know why but the GPU integrated works pretty bad and made that issue, at least in my case, if someone need help,...
  5. Fix PhysXLoader.dll is missing or not found error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix PhysXLoader.dll is missing or not found error: [ATTACH]If you encounter the error PhysXLoader.dll is missing from your computer on Windows 11/10, then this article may help you. There have been reports of Windows users getting this error when trying to launch the game on their system. This problem occurs for many reasons...
  6. Fix microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll was not found or is missing error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll was not found or is missing error: [ATTACH]Some PC users may encounter the microsoft.directx.directdraw.dll was not found error at any point during a game or when using the software program. It may also occur during startup. If you’re affected by a similar issue, this post is intended to help you with the most...
  7. Found A Solution To Memory Problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Found A Solution To Memory Problems in Windows 10: My computer is an HP computer and it was running an HP recommended power setting which is causing 100% disk usage in the taskmanager. My computer is very slow and stops responding when I try to do almost anything. What I did was go to the Control Panel and select Power...
  8. Microsoft Store Download Problem Solution Found

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Problem Solution Found: So I've been having this problem on the Microsoft store which doesn't let me download literally anything. First it starts downloading, then gets stuck on acquiring license, and then fails to download. When I click retry, it does the same cycle over and over again. For...
  9. Solution found

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Solution found: Solution found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solution-found/08a67071-43b3-44a5-afa7-6b4100ba33f8
  10. Problem extending screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem extending screen: Hi, I recently formated my laptop. When I'm home I have it always connected to another screen (for easier understanding will call this monitor 2), and I noticed on left side of the monitor 2, which I use as primary screen, the screen is cut-off, just a little, the windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fake monitor

2. windows 10 fake display

3. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

4. fake display windows 10,
  5. Create ghost monitor Windows 10,
  6. windows 10 fake display driver,
  7. virtual fake monitor windows,
  8. ghost screen windows 10,
  9. can the ghost double image on monitor be fixed,
  10. fake connect a monitor windows 10,
  11. fake monitor windows 10,