Windows 10: Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46

Discus and support Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had an issue with both fast ring Versions 14942 AND 14946 coming up with a "performing automatic repair" when trying to boot from my Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46

I have had an issue with both fast ring Versions 14942 AND 14946 coming up with a "performing automatic repair" when trying to boot from my Samsung NVME 950 Pro 500GB drive on a PCI card on my ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 mobo. Under the UEFI settings screen, the NVME drive does NOT appear as a Boot Manager option. Nothing fixes it or repairs it. This was not a problem on previous fast ring versions.
    The first time this happened, I restored from a clone of version 14936. I finally found a way to boot the drive. I TURNED OFF "Secure Boot" option in the BIOS and selected "Other OS". I am going to test this out further but for now that is my fix.

:)

John Pombrio, Oct 14, 2016

2. Network folder is empty, cannot see other computers on network

Windows 10 Build 14942!!!

Every time you restart a computer running Build 14942 it goes missing from the network folder and will not show up on any other computers on your home network. If you go into the network settings and click on Status and then "Network Reset" and restart the
    computer it fixes the issue and the computer finally shows up in the network folder again. However every time you restart the computer it will go missing again from the network folder and all other computers on the home network.

This has to be a bug in Redstone 2.

Please fix this Microsoft!!!

Thanks

Superman1975mlm, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Hibernate not working and sytem booting very slow in build 14942

hibernate not working after update build 14942 and system boot very slow.

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

QuantusLucknow, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46

1. Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46 - Similar Threads - Fixed issue NVME

2. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  3. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  4. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. boot from USB to boot from NVMe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot from USB to boot from NVMe?: tl;dr: My 3rd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon has a NVMe M.2 slot for a SSD and can read and write from it, but due to an exclusivity agreement with Samsung (who failed to honor it anyways) the BIOS refuses to boot from NVMe drives (on older firmware versions you could glitch the...
  6. Inaccessible Boot Device after NVMe to NVMe clone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccessible Boot Device after NVMe to NVMe clone: I used Clonezilla to clone an HP EX920 to a Samsung 980 NVMe. Then I replaced the HP with the 980 in my PC as primary boot device and it started to boot, showing the Windows loading screen. Eventually it BSOD and had inaccessible boot device. Apparently Clonezilla set up the...
  7. NVME issues for booting win 10

NVME issues for booting win 10: Hi, I was recently rebuilding my PC and decided to upgrade to a 2TB PCIE 4 NVME. I also Previously had a Samsung 960 PRO. I did a clean install from a USBC SSD. For some reason, I have to have my BIOS set to legacy in order to recognize and boot from the new NVME. How can I...
  8. Help with NVME boot issues

Help with NVME boot issues: Installed WIn 10 Pro 64 EUFI successfully onto a 1TB NVMe drive and all was working fine and reliably. Without going into much detail, was trying to get a UAD accelerator PCe2 card working on the system (these are used in pro audio and there are known issues with Ryzen...
  9. Help with NVME boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with NVME boot issues: Installed WIn 10 Pro 64 EUFI successfully onto a 1TB NVMe drive and all was working fine and reliably. Without going into much detail, was trying to get a UAD accelerator PCe2 card working on the system (these are used in pro audio and there are known issues with Ryzen...
  10. 14942 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    14942 update: My computer crashed after updating to version 14942 of windows 10. After the pc turns on I have a complete grey or blue screen. I cannot login cannot do anything. Please help me, my son has to do his homework there is no way to go inside computer at all. Thank you when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after nvme restart not working