Windows 10: Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46

Discus and support Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had an issue with both fast ring Versions 14942 AND 14946 coming up with a "performing automatic repair" when trying to boot from my Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46

I have had an issue with both fast ring Versions 14942 AND 14946 coming up with a "performing automatic repair" when trying to boot from my Samsung NVME 950 Pro 500GB drive on a PCI card on my ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 mobo. Under the UEFI settings screen, the NVME drive does NOT appear as a Boot Manager option. Nothing fixes it or repairs it. This was not a problem on previous fast ring versions.
    The first time this happened, I restored from a clone of version 14936. I finally found a way to boot the drive. I TURNED OFF "Secure Boot" option in the BIOS and selected "Other OS". I am going to test this out further but for now that is my fix.

:)

John Pombrio, Oct 14, 2016

2. Network folder is empty, cannot see other computers on network

Windows 10 Build 14942!!!

Every time you restart a computer running Build 14942 it goes missing from the network folder and will not show up on any other computers on your home network. If you go into the network settings and click on Status and then "Network Reset" and restart the
    computer it fixes the issue and the computer finally shows up in the network folder again. However every time you restart the computer it will go missing again from the network folder and all other computers on the home network.

This has to be a bug in Redstone 2.

Please fix this Microsoft!!!

Thanks

Superman1975mlm, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Hibernate not working and sytem booting very slow in build 14942

hibernate not working after update build 14942 and system boot very slow.

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

QuantusLucknow, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46

1. Fixed issue with NVME boot after a restart from FR ver 14942+46 - Similar Threads - Fixed issue NVME

2. Question about booting from NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about booting from NVMe drive: I have a brand new Ryzen 2700X system with an X470 motherboard and I bought my first NVMe drive to go with it. My plan is to use it as my boot drive, and I am cloning my current boot drive to it. My question is do I need to do anything specific to get the NVMe drive to boot?...
  3. Reset stuck to 46%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset stuck to 46%: I have done full reset of my laptop and it have stuck to 46% from last 1 hour's. What should i do to start my laptop as normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-stuck-to-46/e1a07aa8-9087-488f-b1c0-573ea76b8bf6
  4. AMD X370 Chipset - NVMe boot device - Driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD X370 Chipset - NVMe boot device - Driver issue: Mostly posting this in case others run into this issue. I have an AMD Ryzen system with an Asus X370 motherboard and two SATA drives in a RAID 1 array booting from a Western Digital NVMe stick Last night at some point the system - Newly upgraded to Windows 1903 with all...
  5. Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.: I was playing a game and then the computer suddenly restart, again and again after booting up and even while booting up. I already unchacked the automatic boot up setting in msconfig before because it happened already. But now, it happened again. I even try the bootrec...
  6. Windows 10 Ver 1809 Ver 177763.107 update keeps resetting after I shut down or restart

Windows 10 Ver 1809 Ver 177763.107 update keeps resetting after I shut down or restart: I have just installed the latest version of win 10 x64 and now I can no longer save my personal settings and it starts edge to preview the updated changes every time. In addition I have the following issues:- 1. I also lost all of my favorites in my browser 2. Certain...
  7. 14942 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    14942 update: My computer crashed after updating to version 14942 of windows 10. After the pc turns on I have a complete grey or blue screen. I cannot login cannot do anything. Please help me, my son has to do his homework there is no way to go inside computer at all. Thank you when I...
  8. Cortana unresponsive after restart/boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana unresponsive after restart/boot: After a restart, and occasionally after SLEEP, Cortana will not respond to voice commands. (Text is okay.) Try again and all is well. This has been a continuing problem on two computers, one running HOME and the other PRO 1607, that was evident in earlier builds. The...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Issue after Restarting

Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Issue after Restarting: I went through the install process of Windows 10. It installed, and then asked to restart. I allowed it to restart then nothing changed once it came back from a reboot. Still Windows 8. No popup showing install is continuing. Nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for...
  10. Disturbing Issue After Restarting Computer...

in Windows 10 Support
    Disturbing Issue After Restarting Computer...: Hey all, I had a bunch of glitch issues ever since I got my new laptop a few weeks ago. It finally annoyed me so much I just did a "reset this pc" and had it wipe everything and reinstall. Things seem better now (fingers crossed). Well today while working my machine seemed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after nvme restart not working