Windows 10: Fixed network visibility issues, but I do not know exactly why

Discus and support Fixed network visibility issues, but I do not know exactly why in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been experiencing the same issues as many with NAS's and Computers not visible on the network view. Mine is fixed, but I am not sure why. Due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kscott, Feb 28, 2016.

1. kscott Win User

Fixed network visibility issues, but I do not know exactly why

I have been experiencing the same issues as many with NAS's and Computers not visible on the network view. Mine is fixed, but I am not sure why.

Due to a notification to update my ASUS router firmware I had difficulty finding the new firmware and started reloading old versions in attempt to find one that would auto-update the new firmware. No luck on that route so I reloaded a slightly older version which prevented web access to find the router setup page. No problem as I reinstalled a copy of the ASUS router discovery software. Success with this and performed router firmware upgrade which at one point involved resetting the router back to it's default settings. I then adjusted the router settings to my liking and left the router UPNP setting "on". This allows me to see the router device on the Network view. Opened up Network and was surprised to see all of my devices, computers and NAS's. Rebooted a few times to make sure this was not a one time fluke. All is well.

Speculation of the fix?
    - Router UPNP on?
    - Router firmware or reset to defaults?
    - Running the ASUS router discovery software?

Your guess is as good as mine.

:)

kscott, Feb 28, 2016

2. Something wrong, but I don't know exactly...

Hi Chris,

To better assist you, do let us know if the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to reset Internet explore rand check if the issue persists. Follow the steps provided in the help article below:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Something wrong, but I don't know exactly...

Hi everybody and a lot of experts in community. I remembered that I had deleted some program and since then some pages or may be all pages don't display information correctly. For example, when I open the Adobe home page, it shows like this that I attached.
    What was wrong and how to troubleshooting? So stressful....need help.

Fixed network visibility issues, but I do not know exactly why [​IMG]

Chris Jung_0505, Feb 28, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

What you are talking about is not a widespread issue as you think that it is. It is caused by the last rollout, when Microsoft decided to lock down SMB/CIFS, by making SMB 1 & 2 not working as it did in the past.

Has nothing to do with your router.

Some network devices have fixed the problem on their own. If you are running third party Security software, an update could have solved it.

bro67, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Fixed network visibility issues, but I do not know exactly why - Similar Threads - Fixed network visibility

2. How exactly do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How exactly do i fix this?: So i tried updating my computer a while ago, with a simple windows update; But after the update, my computer Has Not been working correctly at all, I cant open a single game, Windows doesnt work, I keep getting a “critical error, sign out now” message, cortana doesnt work, I...
  3. How exactly do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How exactly do i fix this?: So i tried updating my computer a while ago, with a simple windows update; But after the update, my computer Has Not been working correctly at all, I cant open a single game, Windows doesnt work, I keep getting a “critical error, sign out now” message, cortana doesnt work, I...
  4. How exactly do i fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I fix this network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this network issue: For some reason I can not connect to my home network I’ve reset my pc multiple times I’ve ran the sfc scan and it does say I have a problem that cannot fix but I have no idea what it means or how to fix it myself. I also can’t update anything due to not being able to connect...
  6. How do I fix this network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this network issue: For some reason I can not connect to my home network I’ve reset my pc multiple times I’ve ran the sfc scan and it does say I have a problem that cannot fix but I have no idea what it means or how to fix it myself. I also can’t update anything due to not being able to connect...
  7. How do I fix this network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Home network visibility issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network visibility issue.: HelloRecently got a new laptop. Works very well but does not see other devices on my home network. It only sees itself.All parameters are the same on my 3 computers. Network discovery on.Private on.Share files and printers on.The WiFi and Ethernet drivers work...
  9. Network Problem I do Not know why This is happening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Problem I do Not know why This is happening: [IMG] I was just starting up my computer and wanted to Load Up a Game But Steam had no Internet connection i thought this was Steam at first but it was my Network i went recconect it but It showed the image Above and i noticed it doesnt show an Wifi option so i tried to “Show...
  10. How exactly do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How exactly do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/okidaniel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imydvp/how_exactly_do_i_fix_this/