Windows 10: Fixed the static IP thing, now I can't achieve admin power

Discus and support Fixed the static IP thing, now I can't achieve admin power in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After much hassle with the static IP thing, I figured I was OK. Now when I try an elevated command as admin, I don't get there. If I try to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alternety, Mar 16, 2018.

1. alternety Win User

Fixed the static IP thing, now I can't achieve admin power

After much hassle with the static IP thing, I figured I was OK. Now when I try an elevated command as admin, I don't get there. If I try to use "settings" all I get is control panel without obvious (to me) means to get to admin access.

At the same time I have a message from MS saying they can't update my machine and I should fix it. Since I can't get to settings, there appears to be another one of those MS conundrums. Like, have I stopped beating my sys admin? Which, unfortunately, is me.

Is this something MS did in the last couple of days? And what mitigations to this service improvement may be available?

Am I simply hallucinating, and if I back off on the drugs it will all be clear?

Is there a way around whatever is going on? Is there something going on? Am I simply reverting to not understanding (not at all impossible, I am getting older by the hour/release)?

Is there a user friendly version of Win 10 that acknowledges we actually own the computers, not MS? OK, I jest. But this is getting real old.

Any insight/fix would be greatly appreciated.

:)

alternety, Mar 16, 2018

2. Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hello,

I can't see any " Static IP" option under setting, only i can see

" WI-FI"

"MANAGE"

is there any option to enable " Static IP" option

because our company using static IP network. and also when i connect some Wi-Fi it shows connected under SSID

it's appear " no internet access"

please let me know how fix this problem.

Thanks

BommenaSrinivas, Mar 16, 2018
  3. Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Solution:

I found the solution for me. I had 169.254.x.x and also a static IP address simultaneously on the same

NIC. That's really not possible or valid. I tried DHCP and then back to static and couldn't fix it. I

ended up setting an IP address on that NIC 192.168.1.111 and then going to advanced and adding a second IP

address 192.168.1.222 to have two IP addresses on the same NIC. This somehow pushed out the DHCP

Autoconfiguration. I then set my NIC back to DHCP and that solved that issue. I then set my NIC back to a

static IP address which is what I wanted in the end and it solved the double conundrum of DHCP and static

simultaneously on the same NIC issue as well as DHCP not working properly by handing out an

autoconfiguration IP address of 169.254.x.x on the same NIC. DHCP works now. Static works now.

- *** Removed by the Moderator

Normal User Name 2937858, Mar 16, 2018
  4. sml156 Win User

Have you tried typing " update " in cortana (search window)

sml156, Mar 17, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
    Press the Win Key+X and choose PowerShell (Admin) here type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fixed the static IP thing, now I can't achieve admin power - Similar Threads - Fixed static thing

2. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  3. Static ip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  4. Static ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. IP static of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IP static of my laptop: Hi I'm Mahdi from Iran. My laptop is stolen and I want to find that and the thief location.I'm worried about my laptop and personal files. I tried to locate that but I couldn't. I need static IP of my laptop when he use of my device. How can I get static IP? Can you find...
  6. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  7. Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem

Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem: I am sure this issue has been reported already but I am not sure if a permanent fix was found, but hopefully someone can assist me here. I have my PC running Windows 10 - Home edition, it has a fixed static IP of 192.168.0.3 and a gateway of 192.168.0.1 (subnet mask of...
  8. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  9. No internet connection with static IP

No internet connection with static IP: Hi guys, I have a strange issue with Win10, I'm trying to assign a static IP so I can RDP to the machine and use wake on lan. When the pc has a DHCP assigned IP it can access the internet but when I assign a static one(even the one DHCP assigned) it gets no internet...
  10. Static IP with a specific Network

Static IP with a specific Network: Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other networks gets automatic IP's. So, when i need connect windows 10 to this network, i open control panel, select network...