Windows 10: Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade

Discus and support Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, frustratingly, the upgrade sets all default settings (there are many) to default, and autoplay off. These steps are necessary (in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dalchina, Aug 3, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade

Hi, frustratingly, the upgrade sets all default settings (there are many) to default, and autoplay off.

These steps are necessary (in my experience).

1. Follow this old fix:
    Fixes for AutoPlay Dialog Box Not Appearing When Plugging in a Removable Device • Raymond.CC
    2. Enable Autoplay in Settings, remembering there are many more configuration options in Control Panel, Autoplay.
    3. Add a script to poll your CD/DVD drive.

(Previously I found this was the only way to get autoplay to work with this in Win 10).

Improvements in the Anniversary Edition:
    1. Autoplay also now works for flash drives (previously for me it worked for external USB HDDs, not flash drives)

:)

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 3, 2016
  3. how to fix these problems?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

See if this resolves the problem opening Settings, then adjust your autoplay settings:

Manage AutoPlay in Windows 10 Anniversary Update - groovyPost

You can also use the Classic Auto Play setting in Windows 10:

Press Windows Key + X

Click Control Panel

Andre Da Costa, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade

1. Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade - Similar Threads - Fixing Autoplay Anniversary

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. Restoring autoplay after windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring autoplay after windows upgrade: Every time I do a Windows upgrade, Autoplay gets cancelled and I need to reset it in Control Panel and also in Registry. To simplify the routine procedure, I would like a registry hack that changes 'e' to '1' in the value of the DWORD : 'NoDriveTypeAutoRun' under...
  5. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  6. Things that seem fixed in the Anniversary upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Things that seem fixed in the Anniversary upgrade: Thought it might be interesting to note what seems to have been fixed that we've noted as longstanding quirks or bugs. These are things I've noted so far. 1. Items listed in explorer search which were deleted from the search results list formerly remained displayed unless...
  7. BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade: Hi, I'm having issues with my windows machine crashing and rebooting (mostly after being put to sleep). Any help will be very appreciated! 59652
  8. Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade: I have a situation which I am totally unable to explain. I have a Dell 1750 notebook and a Dell 660s. Both run the 32-bit Windows 10 on a 64-bit hardware architecture. The only significant difference in installed software is that the Dell-660s has Microsoft Flight...
  9. All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.: So I upgraded to the Anniversary version, and all mt edits are gone. Thankfully I made a .reg backup before then. The question now is, can I use that .reg file in this version? Will it screw any thing up? 79776
  10. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...