Windows 10: Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program

Discus and support Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks I've some music that I want to leave as FLAC but the rubbish phone I've got won't play FLAC @24 bits but will handle FLAC at @16 bits.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Nov 26, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program

Hi folks

I've some music that I want to leave as FLAC but the rubbish phone I've got won't play FLAC @24 bits but will handle FLAC at @16 bits.

Any decent programs around to convert to 16 bit. Note I'm using decent headphones so I don't want some mushy mp3 sound played using those hideous cheap bud type phones (usually more people Not wearing them hear the "music" than the wearers --especially the apple white one's !!!).

Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program [​IMG]

K3b (on Linux) will do it in a bit of a roundabout way --burn to a "Virtual audio CD" losslessly which preserves the sampling rate but you then need to re-rip again to get FLAC files for your device (and sometimes you have to re-tag too). For CD audio it will change the files to 16 bit which plays just fine and is standard for CD's but for CD's - you want to keep the decent sampling rate though

I'm looking for a simple quick way to do it !! on Windows and preferably Free without complicated "Dithering options" etc..

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 26, 2016

2. PC Suite converts flac music files on the fly to AAC 128

PC Suite 6.86

Nokia 5320

Windows XP

I convert my music to AAC 128 with the Nokia PC Suite App. I drop files by hand onto the application and it converts it correctly.

Now I a have a lot of files encoded in flac format. I KNOW ALREADY that the 5320 does not play flac files.

(and I also know that there is the free app oggplay that plays flac, but because oggplay cannot use the hardware buttons of the Nokia 5320 this is not a solution for me).

But is it possible to have flac files converted on the fly when I drop them onto PC Suite. At the moment it doesn't seem to work so I guess Nokia Suite cannot read flac files to convert them to AAC?

Any way to change this?

raumgleiter, Nov 26, 2016
  3. StuartM72 Win User
    WMP 12 in Windows 10 won't convert .flac when syncing to Windows Phone Lumia 1520

I have the same issue.

Windows 10 Media player supports and plays flac (with some tag issues), but when synching to a device that only supports 320kbps it ignores the flac file and fails to sync it.

WMA lossless does convert to WMA 320kbps.

When will WMP work for flac as well?

StuartM72, Nov 26, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

@jimbo,

Audacity has the option to handle Both 16 & 24 Bit so that may be an option

Barman58, Nov 26, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks

+1 for you

works brilliantly on Windows (and Linux too)

Does just what I want.

The advantage of using Linux over Windows in this type of instance for me is that I can run it natively from my NAS boxes and also I don't run into the file name restriction lengths with Windows (220 chars or so for path length _ directory _ file name) etc.

Windows must really address the old file length name restrictions - particularly if you have long file names representing descriptive track names etc for your music files.

However as a program it works superbly well both on Windows and Linux so great stuff there.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program - Similar Threads - Flac 24bit Flac

2. flac formats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flac formats: windows 11 media player supports which flac sample rate and bit depth formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flac-formats/b6085b9c-95fe-45c6-8ace-732e4ea9f5ce
  3. flac formats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flac formats: windows 11 media player supports which flac sample rate and bit depth formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flac-formats/b6085b9c-95fe-45c6-8ace-732e4ea9f5ce
  4. Flac metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flac metadata: I have some Flacs that need some metadata edited but win10 can't? Mp3s can be edited just fine but Flacs are a no-go? Edit: It also can't even read the length of the Flac submitted by /u/THEK4I [link] [comments]...
  5. No popups for FLAC files

in Windows 10 Support
    No popups for FLAC files: When I hover the mouse cursor over an MP3 file, a little info box pops up. [img] I don't get it for FLAC files. [img] Is there a way to get it? Thanks in advance. 125285
  6. Error message converting FLAC to MP3

Error message converting FLAC to MP3: Just recently I ripped my CD's via Windows Media Player to the FLAC format and when I use Real Player to convert them to MP3 format I get an error message. BTW both my operating system and windows media player are up to date....
  7. 24 Bit FLAC HQ music to 16 Bit for CD type player ??

24 Bit FLAC HQ music to 16 Bit for CD type player ??: Hi there I have a load of 48 bit high quality FLAC music files which I want to copy for some people who can only play on standard audio type equipment which means a Max of 16 bit CD quality audio. Any decent software around that can do this -- I know it can easily be done...
  8. Any Audiophiles here -- Convert SACD ISO to 5.1 FLAC

Any Audiophiles here -- Convert SACD ISO to 5.1 FLAC: Hi there. Anybody know of any software that will convert an SACD ISO to 5.1 ch FLAC / WAV. Foobar will convert but only to stereo. Somebody gave me about 12 of these SACD's and I've no hardware to play them on -- ripping to ISO worked OK but I'm stuck at the next stage....
  9. Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams

Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams: Hi there any way to capture these FLAC audio HQ streams from BBC Delivering Radio 3 Concert Sound - BBC RD I'm not a fan of things like spotify etc -- I prefer my music on my own library - especially if it's the type of music that doesn't appear in those sorts of...
  10. Bugs, working with flacs

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugs, working with flacs: I have written a media player in C++, I focussed it to only play mp3(s). But I got a new NAS, I thought I could spare the space for flacs. I don't like music libraries that contain a mix. So I wanted a version that played only flacs. I found the libzplay libraries, which make...