Windows 10: Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting

Discus and support Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently got the latest update from Microsoft for my Toshiba laptop running windows 10 and from the update when i go to shut down or restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bikeit, Oct 21, 2017.

1. bikeit Win User

Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting

I recently got the latest update from Microsoft for my Toshiba laptop running windows 10 and from the update when i go to shut down or restart the laptop the screen below appears so how can i fix this please?
    http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/w...psm5kj2twd.jpg

:)

bikeit, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Nanovox Win User

Nuisance errors when shutting down or restarting the computer

I checked those settings and determined they are set correctly as you specified.

Nanovox, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Nuisance errors when shutting down or restarting the computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1) Press Windows key + R and type dcomcnfg, and press
    Enter.

2) Expand Componet Services\Computers.

3) Right-click My Computer and select Properties.

3) In the Default Distributed COM Communication.

Properties section of Default Properties tab, make sure that:

a. Default Authentication Level is set to
    Connect.

b. Default Impersonation Level is set to
    Identify.

Hope this information is helpful. Get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting

Use my batch script to make Windows 10 close open applications automatically.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  5. bikeit Win User
    My AV wont let me open your attachment?

bikeit, Oct 21, 2017
  6. FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  7. As you can see from TotalVirus scan batch script is not a malware its a joke how WD detects it as.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  8. bikeit Win User

What info is in the attachment?

bikeit, Oct 21, 2017
  9. Code: @Echo Off Color 1A Cd %systemroot%\system32 Call :NoAdmin :_Ask Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=90 & Color 0D & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo ノヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘサ Echo コ Do You Want To Close Programs That Is Not Reponding During Shutdown (Y/N)? コ Echo ネヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘシ Echo. Echo. Set /p input= RESPONSE: If /i Not %input%==Y (Goto :_Ex) Else (Goto :_Start) :_Ex If /i Not %input%==N (Goto :_Ask) Else (Goto :EOF) :_Start Reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v HungAppTimeout /t REG_SZ /d 1000 /f 2>&1 >nul Reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v WaitToKillAppTimeout /t REG_SZ /d 2000 /f 2>&1 >nul Reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v AutoEndTasks /t REG_SZ /d 1 /f 2>&1 >nul Reg add "HKU\S-1-5-19\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "AutoEndTasks" /t REG_SZ /d "1" /f 2>&1 >nul Reg add "HKU\S-1-5-19\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "HungAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "1000" /f 2>&1 >nul Reg add "HKU\S-1-5-19\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "WaitToKillAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "2000" /f 2>&1 >nul Reg add "HKU\S-1-5-20\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "AutoEndTasks" /t REG_SZ /d "1" /f 2>&1 >nul Reg add "HKU\S-1-5-20\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "HungAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "1000" /f 2>&1 >nul Reg add "HKU\S-1-5-20\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "WaitToKillAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "2000" /f 2>&1 >nul Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=80 & Color 0D &Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo ノヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘサ Echo コ Automatically Terminating User Processes During Shutdown Enabled コ Echo ネヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘヘシ Echo. Echo. ping -n 8 localhost >nul Exit :NoAdmin Reg query "HKU\S-1-5-19\Environment" If Not %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 ( Cls & Mode CON LINES=5 COLS=48 & Color 0C & Title .....................- WARNING -....................... Echo. Echo. Echo YOU MUST HAVE ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS TO CONTINUE Pause >Nul & Exit ) Cls Goto :eof[/quote] Batch script modifies few registry values you can google search those values to understand what they are use for.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Using IE? Seeing this?

Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting [​IMG]

Internet Options > Advanced. Turn off 'Enable Windows Defender SmartScreen'. Turn it back on when you're done.

In Edge it's in Settings > Advanced settings.

Oh, and after you've downloaded it you won't be able to run or even edit it. Not until you unblock it.

Unblock File in Windows 10

11. Thanks @Bree

That SmartScreen feature is confusing for non technical Windows 10 users.
    The SmartScreen can also be disable from Windows Defender Security Center.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    I had that set to 'Warn' but IE still blocked it. Seems (as with all else) IE does it in its own peculiar way... *Smile

13. Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting

I will test downloading the files and see i can find way to disable SmartScreen.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  14. From Windows Defender Settings turning off Check apps and Files solves the problem I must say I have downloaded batch script with Microsoft Edge browser.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    Anyway, back to @bikeit's original question. I have Flash Cards on my Toshiba laptop too, but it doesn't cause the OP's problems at shut down.

Flash Cards enables the Toshiba-specific Functions on the Function keys plus Esc (mute speakers) and spacebar (switch screen resolutions). Actually, these days it adds little advantage, everything it enables can easily be done with a few clicks elsewhere in Windows 10.

If that's the only app preventing shutdown, just disable Flash Cards in Task Manager's Start-up tab. I wouldn't uninstall it in case you want it back later. Disabling it will stop it ever loading again, but with the option to put it back should you miss it.

Thema:

1. Flash card screen when shutting down or restarting - Similar Threads - Flash card screen

2. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...: Road to hell is paved with good intentions? How thought this was a good idea? If I shut down and reboot, I shouldn't be able to see all the damn applications I had open when I launch it back up. That's not shut down. Sometimes when I boot, something gets borked and I can't...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  7. PC restart when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restart when shut down: My PC just started to restart when I press turn off idk why and it’s never happened before it’s just like I press shut down go for a sec and when I back the pc like restarted it’s not happening sec time like when I click turn off again it’s shutting down but the problem is...
  8. restarts when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restarts when shut down: I have a problem with shutdown my laptop restarts whenever I shutdown or power off my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarts-when-shut-down/a2cc7d92-bc0e-4838-85af-70e1ca295558
  9. Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...: Earlier today I went to restart my desktop and it had an Update then Restart option so there seemed to be an outstanding update to be installed. When the computer started its shutdown process I noticed that I didn't get the installing updates screen. Now when I restart or...
  10. grey screen when restarting or shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    grey screen when restarting or shutting down: I noticed after I downloaded the most recent updates and I disabled the Windows background on the sign-in screen I now have a dull grey screen when shutting down or restarting does anyone else have this? When it says restarting or shutting down or when I'm signing in the...